[Suggestion] Banshee/Airhammer needs to be nerfed / balanced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Tr34

Their TTK is insanely low, they instantly kill infantry or max (if combined with hornets) without giving chance to retaliate.
    Scythe's PPA is nowhere near these guns, either Banshee / Airhammer should be nerfed to be on par with PPA, or PPA should be buffed to be on par with Banshee and Airhammer.
  2. FLHuk

Yes, those chairs on the sun deck of the Titanic could do with moving around a bit!
    • Up x 3
  3. UberNoob1337101

Disagree with nerfing Airhammer, agree with slightly nerfing Banshees. From personal experience, Airhammer is survivable unless your opponent has spot-on aim for 1-2 shots in a row. Banshee Mossies just look at you for half a second and you die, even if you have Flak Armor. Banshees need a bit slower TTK.

I agree with buffing PPA, ever since the mag size bonus reduction it usually doesn't hold up to it's competitors.

Interesting stats :
    A2G nosegun KPH : Taken from Voidwell. Notice that Banshee KPH is highest by far, Mustang KPH is substantially lower, and PPA even lower than that.

A2G nosegun KPU : Taken from Voidwell, again. Mustang AH tends to have the highest KPU, with Banshees sometimes beating it. PPA once again is the worst, but not by a lot.

A2G nosegun uniques : Voidwell link. Banshees are used almost twice as much as LPPA, and usually ~50% more than Mustang AH. It's no definitive proof, but ppl usually tend to use good/OP weapons more.

A2G nosegun average BR : Voidwell link. It's surprising that a weapon with lower avg. BR has better stats than ones which are used on average by more experienced players. Banshees are very noob friendly in comparison, at the very least.
    • Up x 2
  4. JustGotSuspended

Either remove a2g or give actually viable means of g2a.

A good start would be to make all dumbfires 1hk esfs again, and then deci/kraken 1hk esfs that have composite. Liberators should take 3 deci shots and die, not matter the armor. If the dude's dumb enough to stay in a position for at least 12 seconds to eat 3 deci shots, death is well deserved.

also, for the walnuts who are going to use their trump argument "bUt Aa StAcKs", I would like to propel you into an air zerg and let you discover if AA is the only thing that "stacks" in planetside.
    • Up x 2
  5. InexoraVC

TR is OP!!
    Arguments: Banshee, Vulkan, Striker. Booo! Nerf TR !!!
  6. Liewec123

agree AH and especially banshee need to be bought to the level of PPA.
    (and we can go from there, probably decrease damage)
    PPA is still strong, but banshee is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 4
  7. JustGotSuspended

yeah the banshee is just a free ticket to an infinite farm.
    • Up x 5
  8. Liewec123

yeah, atleast when its a PPAhoIe i have a moment to atleast shoot a rocket at them!
    Bansh%%ters kill instantly.
    • Up x 2
  9. Tr34

That's the main reason I suggested this. Even when you are a max, they kill you instantly. PPA is slow so it allows enemies to take position/aim to shoot you, or flee.
    It also makes Scythe very vulnerable while prolonged shooting due to its long TTK. That should be a disadvantage for all A2G guns imo. I honestly prefer this solution instead of buffing PPA's TTK.
    • Up x 1
  10. InexoraVC

NERF TR ! ^)
    • Up x 1
  11. Botji

I agree with most things already said here but I would very much prefere if G2A got buffed instead.

I could take any hard farming from swarms of Banshees/Hammers multiple times a day if I was allowed to pull a Skyguard and just NUKE them equally as hard. Not gonna happen but if I could choose, thats the road to balance I would like :oops:
    • Up x 3
  12. Tr34

That's the problem mate, if AAs had the same TTK from the same close range, it would be fair and no one would complain. It's even worse for Maxes with Dual Bursters, they die instantly to a banshee/hornet combo while it takes too long for them to kill an ESF from close range.
    Instant TTKs allow them to hide behind hills, do surprise attacks get several kills then run away. Buffing all A2Gs would be fair if they
    matched AA TTKs to them like you said.
    Some ASP 100 players go 7/24 A2G-only just to grief infantry players. They use fast hover rotation and hit and run tactics to avoid those slow-moving rockets(like decimator and lockons) while newer A2G players are easier to kill. Nearly instant TTK times allow this play style. Some servers have a lot of A2G-Grief outfits dedicated to this.
    In my opinion, all A2G TTKs should be longer(and equally balanced among factions) and turning like a turntable should disrupt their accuracy to a degree. Another solutions is ofc buffing AAs damage from close range against low-flying aircraft.
    • Up x 2
  13. iller

Maybe.... don't have it Stack as much?? They probably have a point. I'm not proposing only 1 source be allowed to hit an aircraft at a time but why not some diminishing returns when Zergs are involved?? They already added in the 'Tech to know when a Hex is over-zerged by a single faction (for that dumb Storm to track right to it), maybe use that tech for slapping diminishing returns on multiple Bursters / Rangers / Strikers / anything else that's super spammy and really low skill A.A. ?
  14. JustGotSuspended

actually that's just a version they copied of instant action, where all the factions count as "allies". That's why the storm heads to the biggest fights, even those that are 50/50 or very close to it. It doesn't target zergs in particular, it targets the largest fight.

I think it would be quite hard to reduce weapons from stacking, because everything stacks in this game and I don't see how a mechanic could fix this. However, I think there are quicker ways to resolve this. Either add viable "skill" based forms of AA, or reduce the A2G weapons damage output/increase player/vehicle resistances to A2G weaponry.
  15. JustGotSuspended

Exactly. The issue is that AA is designed to "deter" air, not kill it. It has such a long, improbable TTK, where the A2G mains have lightning quick TTKs matched with super speed, agility, and the overall ability to do hit-and-run attacks inflicting heavy damage on ground targets, while bolting away before AA can even have an impact. I would buff AA damage up close, or add something like a rocklet rifle ability, where you can dump all your rounds extremely quickly (in exchange for some reduced accuracy). It would be something for the skyguard or a burster max to do against close air targets, basically unleashing a rapid AA barrage. This would help actually damage players who quickly flyby.

That said, A2G should also be tweaked to actually allow for skilled players to evade, counter, or kill the air. Right now it's ridiculous how fast those things mow through groups of players unchallenged. A bit of rebalancing would be nice, through reducing the damage output, and/or adding significant damage dropoff, encouraging A2G players to work for some kills.
  16. Thalestr

A2G ESF weapons need to be removed period. Not nerfed, not tweaked. Removed.

Liberators, Valks, and Galaxies already fit the bill for ground-pounding. We don't need to more of it, especially not on a high-speed aircraft that can fly to safety whenever it sees any form of retaliation.

A2G ESF weapons (especially noseguns) only exist to farm certs and inflate egos.
    • Up x 4
  17. marcelomormaii

this weapon of the tr is very unfair, it needs to change, there is no reaction when you are hit by it, death is instant, pls nerf she....
  18. Trebb

Lately Banshee mossies have been on sale. Every mid sized and above fight has 4-5 of these competing for kills. Kind of sad really.

If you're at one of these even fights and not yet being spawn camped, put down an engie AV turret above the spawn room, and swat the hovering bloodsuckers out of the air in one hit :p