[Poll] Vehicle gameplay - do you enjoy it? If not, why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Shiaari

I'm not entirely sure why people crap on vehicle combat. There is a skill to it, whether you want to accept that or not. If you are trading salvos with a vehicle and mutually repairing, then what you have are two rookie vehicle players.

Between tanks the skill is getting behind your target and causing them to miss shots. Being able to shoot on the move is a big part of it, as is switching from gun-sight to external view and back in order to gauge relative positions without becoming disoriented. I can usually size up an experienced tank driver from a n00b by the way they approach. The decent tank driver won't charge at you, ever, but they will be looking for the moment I try to gain a favorable position and react accordingly. They move in arcs. I personally try to draw an opposing tank closer by seeking cover. When they approach I only present frontal armor while backing up. There will come a moment when they overshoot, and I then switch to forward movement and circle around for that tender rear plating.

That's how you win tank fights.

If all you're doing is playing peekaboo and fixing your tank, you're doing something wrong.
    • Up x 2