[Suggestion] Let engineers reboot things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Dec 1, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

I'm sure we've all been there, either you wanted to draw a vehicle, an aircraft, or use base turrets. You draw engineer because that just makes sense, get out there, and the damn thing is hacked. So you have to go back to the spawn room, flip to infil, run out, flip control, run back again, flip back to engi, finally run out and use the damn thing.

This is a lot of irritating steps which add no value to the game play. I would think an engineer would know how to reset a controller. What I'm suggesting is that if something has been hacked and abandoned, the engineer class should be able to revert it to "proper" access.

To be clear:
    -I am not suggesting engineers be able to take control of assets in enemy bases, that's infil territory
    -I am not suggesting engineers be able to kick players out of turrets, that is also infil territory.

Since in particular the defensive turrets are more likely to be used by newer players who won't have good unlocks yet, and won't be confident of when to spend their nanite, it would really be a good idea to remove irritation from their game play when possible, so they actually stick around.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Alternatively, shoot the terminal, drop yourself an ammo pack, and repair it up. Also works for turrets if you have the AV MANA in your pocket.
    Admittedly a restart function would be nice (ideally taking a bit longer than the hack, because Engis can already do a lot of things, no need to infringe on the Infil by being better at their job than they are). But this would essentially add a feature that is not really needed.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

i'd recommend that everyone has crossbow with explosive bolts as their secondary, its so universally useful!
    kills those terminals pretty fast