[Suggestion] Have more purple War Assets.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 30, 2020.

1. AntDX316

Have more purple War Assets to choose from than just the Colossus and the Bastion. We need more. +0.40 purple but don't want to pull a Colossus or a Bastion is bad. Need more things to play with. Also if more blue options could exist too it would be cool. See how it goes in the PTS server and then public. If it doesn't work out, tweak or remove it but at least make something new.
  2. Liewec123

purple stuff means OP stuff, and i'm fine without any more OP stuff ruining fights!
    • Up x 1
  3. Johannes Kaiser

I will break a lance here and say that both the Colossus and the Bastion can be OP if left completely unchecked, but that is the exception rather than the rule. On Miller I've often seen huge air blobs moving as soon as a Bastion is announced and 5 minutes later it is nowhere to be found on the map. Colossus meanwhile can be taken out with a small squad of tankers, unless it has a support group of other tanks and Sunderers to repair and refill ammo. In which case it is more of a "coordination wins" thing.
  4. RabidIBM

I wouldn't say they are OP, they are center pieces for ops. They wreak havoc if uncountered, but fall easily if not supported. Last night my construction half squad took a short break from base tending to valk drop 6 C-4 fairies on a colossus...end of colossus, back to mining.
    • Up x 2
  5. JustGotSuspended

one engineer with 5 mines also does the trick
    • Up x 1
  6. AntDX316

Of course, that is why I don't like pulling those things anymore. Even back when we were pulling every night before the patches, we die in a few minutes or last the whole duration. Luckily got to experience all that before it takes a week to craft a Bastion. Bastion is indeed OP at times but entirely OP. Colossus dies fast too even to just a couple air or even 1 person who knows what they are doing. I've seen it all.

It would be nice if other things can be used too instead of only those 2 options. Bring back BFRs?
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

I've only seen 2 scenarios so far.

1) A colossus with a bastion for support roam around farming everything unchallenged.
    2) A bunch of colossus tanks in formation together roaming around farming everything unchallenged.

Neither are fun nor accessible to a majority of the playerbase. It's also appalling that the main focus seems to be coming up with cancerous farming tools that only a handful of the playerbase will actually get to make use of. Instead of focusing on pumping out such things, the devs should fix outstanding issues.
  8. RabidIBM

It's "appalling"? I think you're being a bit dramatic dude. The point of these is to be assets that players who are working as a team can use. I agree that there should be more options for how to build a platoon, more options for how an outfit could deploy their armoury. All these add up to more reasons to get out of the mid map blender and actually try out the rest of the game. They are not OP, as I have seen bastions die in 5 minutes, I have seen colossal armoured columns taken out within 2 minutes of contact. It comes down to a mix of player skill, leader skill, and choosing the right tactics. As for not enough of the player base getting to use them, the issue seems to be finding people who want to take the responsibility, which is a problem I have even when I'm not using armoury assests. "Guys, I said armour column, I see 4 rep sundies, 6 ammo sundies and...3 tanks" It's like people don't want the responsibility of being the actual tanker, so they follow around with ammo.

To be clear on what "OP" means, it means that players using the OP thing will do well even if they play badly, and that opponents will lose to it even if they play well and properly counter it. Neither of these conditions are the case with either of the bastion or the colossus.

Yes, outstanding issues should be prioritized, many should have been fixed a while ago (they easily could have been if only however much money hadn't been blown on PSA). This does not mean that new content shouldn't be added.
  9. JustGotSuspended

Outstanding issues have not been resolved, in fact have been made worse.

New content has been detrimental or useless at best.

Content should be be added until the foundations have been polished to allow the devs to focus on less pressing issues. There's no reason to continue pouring fuel into the fire.
  10. thed1rt

Collosus is only good when you are being warpgated and to assassinate half of the bastions health. It is very very easy to kill with air transport and c4 fairy. And most the time when it has vehicle convoy it just makes 20 people slowly creep forward wasting time when they could be stealing bases.
    • Up x 1
  11. AntDX316

The Bastion was like that when it first came out. Didn't realize our outfit was big enough to pull every night. They then changed the way the crafting worked so we were pulling every Other night. Now, it would take a week to craft. It's not worth pulling anymore. Had times where we died in 5 minutes, sometimes we last the full duration. It varied a lot. Trying to pull during big outfits off hours was the best.