Elysium Campaign Event Quest Not Counting Harvest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Devotedworker, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Devotedworker

Harvesting Elysium Crystals near Geysers on Esamir does not increase the total of Crystals needed to complete the harvest directive.

Steps to Replicate (Not Verified but the steps I and the other effected user took to receive the bug)
    1. Complete the non TempestShield/Harvest section of the Quest
    2. Equip Tempest Shield for your heavy
    3. Harvest some crystals yesterday (11/20/2020, log out with 4 crystals remaining to be harvested)
    3. When returning 11/21/2020 Presto, Harvesting Crystals will no longer count when harvesting with the correct tool the NE-11 PML. It also shows 3/2 objectives completed ( Likely because the Tempest Shield is optional? )

Current Effected Users:
    ~PriestOfNanites [NSO]
    ~TheBigDbag [NC]
    • Up x 3
  2. Ceptyr

Same issue here, same steps as above. 21/25, except mine were all completed today and they just stopped counting after 21. Unable to continue with the campaign.
  3. FluffySparrow

sadly the same issue, objectives 3/2 and none of the crystal i harvest count. unable to continue with the campaign like this
  4. Ceptyr

Suddenly today, I was able to complete this. I had just completed the 8-year anniversary mission, then collecting elysium crystals started working again.
  5. Robowaffles

Having the same issue here, Elysium[3/2] and harvested crystals are not being counted

My harvesting counts if I place down an Elysium Harvester (I think thats what its called) and then harvest crystals within its radius. I have no clue why this necessary information is not anywhere in the campaign.
  6. Liewec123

oh snap i didn't even know that was a thing, i finally found a geyser that wasn't camped by TR
    and i started using the tool and i wasn't getting credit, didn't realise we need to use a construction thing too, thanks!
    • Up x 1
  7. Zegahg4m3r

Can confirm, happend to me too. The weird thing is, that according to the quest objective, placing down the elysium refinery is supposed to be optional. It is not.
    To complete the entire quest, you HAVE to place down a refinery near the gyser and mine the crystals. Only then does the mining count towards the objective.
  8. lynxlynx2014

where and how u get this refinery?
    i dont see a refinery...and also..do u have to be special character..like heavy to mine?
  9. StewieNC

Steps I did to try and get crystals
    1. Equip Tempest Shield on my heavy
    2 Equip an ANT
    3 Find a geyser
    4 Get silo and then get elysium refinery placing the geyser within the blue circle
    5 Get crystals...

However, using the NE-11 PML around the geyser didn't work. I started the crystal part with objective of 3/2 and 6 crystals. How I had 6 crystals before I started to get crystals is interesting. Now, with the above setup I'm still unable to get any crystals. This is with my NC character.
  10. DataGhost

It is optional, but the wording isn't optimal. You don't need to build that construction if someone else has already done that (hence optional). They should make it clearer that one of those things must be present for mining to work.

This should work, however the refinery works without a silo and can also be constructed without one.
  11. StewieNC

Steps I did to try and get crystals
    1. Equip Tempest Shield on my heavy
    2 Equip an ANT
    3 Find a geyser
    4 Get silo and then get elysium refinery placing the geyser within the blue circle
    5 Get crystals...

However, using the NE-11 PML around the geyser didn't work. I started the crystal part with objective of 3/2 and 6 crystals. How I had 6 crystals before I started to get crystals is interesting. Now, with the above setup I'm still unable to get any crystals. This is with my NC character.

Update

Logged on later yesterday and the above steps were working and I was able to get my crystal collection to work.
  12. Zegahg4m3r

Happend to me too, and I think I know what happend:
    I don't know why, but for some reason if some other player is near you and mines the crystals, his crystal count AND your own crystal count increases...
    This means that if you just stand there doing nothing you can effectively "passive" mine the crystals.

As I said, I have no idea why this happens.
  13. AlcyoneSerene

The refinery is supposed to be an Ant construction item (deploy an ant with some cortium harvested, access the console on the ant on the back of it, silo unnecessary) that shows up in the same category as Cortium silo. I can't remember if I had a bug with the refinery, or the heavy infantry class shield or armor special shielding needed to resist hazard areas, that was missing for a day until it finally just showed up.

Yes, I think you do need to be a heavy assault class to equip that special shielding that does not replenish except when you resupply or redeploy, toggled on/off like ordinary overshields.

This second part of the campaign feels like an amateur put it together who has very little notion of proper description and adequate guidance, nevermind how confusing and frustrating it must be to a new player who is barely learning what is what. Then there's the bugs, lack of players on continent, and waiting around half a day for Esamir to open only to have the alert trigger quickly and shut down again, on top of grinding it out for exclusive items all under a time-limited pricey event. Just bad.
  14. Valklyn

Same problem, blocked 21/25.