The ANT's C barrier used to make it invincible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parsa, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Parsa

Did you know the ANT's C barrier used to make it invincible at the cost of 40 cortium per second unlike now which is basically a very weak resist shield, you survive an extra rocket/shell (probably) while its on.

Like do you even bother to use your head when changing the values...
    Solution could have been this, Absorbs damage the cost of cortium 1 damage = 1 coritum also passively uses 40 cortium per second.
    • Up x 1
  2. RabidIBM

I never actually used C barrier, so I hadn't noticed, but I'm not surprised by the nerf. You know those players with the attitude "If I lose to it than it must be OP", well...
  3. Liewec123

the old version was ridiculous,
    remember this video from iGoRawr? XD

his laugh is infectious :D
    • Up x 1
  4. AmericanEmpire

why the hell are people even bothering with construction? this game doesn't give a damn about people who do construction. Look at the ******* Cortium Bomb. Stop wasting money and time on this failed game.
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

I used to love the C-Barrier along with the additional armour. It used to make Harasser ramming all the more fun.

Perhaps you should create a new thread for your questions, however rhetoric they may be, rather than post in one that isn't about such a topic.
    • Up x 1
  6. JustGotSuspended

Lol I remember when the ANT came out I dumped all my certs into the armor and that shield. I got to use it maybe once before they nerfed it to nothing. Seriously, the shield doesn't do much more than make your ANT light up.

I think the old version was fine, because as seen in the video the thing runs out eventually and the ANT is then dead meat. They could have kept the temporary invincibility, and either reduced the timer, or made C4/mines/infantry AV weapons unaffected by the shield. That way the ANT shield becomes useful in a vehicle scare, but doesn't encourage kobalt ANT camping.
  7. Liewec123

Fine? XD
    He was invincible for probably 2 minutes! (Hard to tell with the sped up footage)
    I think it's a hard thing to balance, I guess we could make it absorb all damage again,
    but it'd need to eat up cortium fairly quickly each time it takes damage,
    It can carry 10000 cortium, so a 1:1 damage to cortium ratio wouldn't be very balanced,
    Maybe 3:1, so if you take 1000 damage it eats 3000 cortium.
    So a full tank would shield you from 3333 damage
  8. JustGotSuspended

yeah but keep in mind these are solo bobthebuilders who often adventure in weird areas to harvest a bit of cortium, and stumble across that tryhard a2g, or mbt given how slow vehicles move and the rarity of cortium, it's fair to give the dude a bit of slack so they can fall back to a defensive position.

I wouldn't mind speeding up the cortium draining a bit, because ofc a group of invincible ants sounds pretty terrifying, but if we make C4, rockets, archer, MAX AV weaponry deal damage, perhaps even more damage (like ZOE) when the shield is active, it would deter ants from using this ability offensively, at least against infantry.