Question: What counts for Outfit Score these days

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheEmancipator, Nov 15, 2020.

1. TheEmancipator

I am just trying to figure out what actually count towards the score when attacking a Base in terms of getting outfit resources. A few I know for sure do like Kills, Vehicle Kills, Generator/Turret/Terminal Destruction and a few for sure do not like spawn bonuses, resupply, healing (i think), point defense. I am unsure about point flips, revives, repairs, spotting, motion sensor assists, assists in general.

Does someone know the full list or can point me in the right direction?

THANKS!!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Everything that harm enemy? Counts.
    Everything that supports your own side and without which you'd lose the fight? Doesn't count.

This is a relatively good rule of thumb.
    • Up x 2
  3. JustGotSuspended

let's not forget the generator overloads!
  4. TheEmancipator

It's really dumb and I sadly used it to my advantage tonight. Me and another outfit were racing to cap a cut off AMP station. We both got 2 gens, they flipped the point which doesnt count, so we were both tied on top of the leader board. I was running around hacking terminals and base guns which dont count when I remembered the harm the enemy rule. I changes to LA (using their sundy no less), flew to one of the last base guns that I didnt hack yet and blew it up. I got the base for my outfit without once capping the point. There were 3 of them and i got the capture because i knew how to game the system betterwhich seems liek a ton of BS.

TLDR point capture at the very least needs to count toward base score for outfit resources
    • Up x 3
  5. JustGotSuspended

The plus thing is that I've been able to cap biolabs and large bases for my outfit solo because my 24/48 other teammates weren't farming as hard as me.

In the past system there were times where I would get 120 kills at nasons or whatever and lose the cap to some outfit full of sub-br 20s that were maining medic primaries with 2 kills.
  6. Johannes Kaiser

Capping points sort of counts, at least the capping progress does. Guarding them does not, though.
    So if you are in a small outfit and can't rely on having enough people and need to do all the work yourself: On 3-point stations, do not cap the first point, but wait near the second. Once first is flipped and the fight is officially opened, quickly cap the second and race to the third. Each point - when you cap them fully - is worth 350 points (give or take). First one doesn't count because the leaderboard isn't opened until it is fully capped.
    • Up x 1
  7. Zipr

Think the OP is talking about things such as a Lib showing up last minute for a cap w/ somewhat mysterious points stealing the cap First off I can't be sure I totally understand the scoring although I do care to credit Kaiser w/ his post above which seems to sum things up... (Hopefully we do receive some more clarification at some point)

My suggestion since things like taking out an SCU can actually help the enemy would be to tweak scoring
  8. Zipr

Is there a chance a couple players can fire their weapons and provide ammo providing numbers prior to entering near the capture radius while still outside the point? Anyway stuff like that is what I think the OP is asking because I really haven't a clue tbh I know sometimes hacking or destroying a veh terminal seems counterproductive given circumstances but again can mean taking the base for resource Doesn't always appear to register correctly on the board to boot (Destruction seems to work best tho)

P.S. Please do not take this post to be all about this is the way to play etc. Always situational Basic stuff tho? Do you have at least one Sundy to spawn Destroying a terminal w/ one friendly infidel in the vicinity seems wrong Same as hacking if all you have is that Sundy lulz Enemy cloaker can pull and at least cause distraction
  9. SteelMantis

As a counter argument, does it really matter who wins a ghost cap? The current system is heavily weighted towards kills in any decent fight and works well enough.
  10. Zipr

Some of you with some fine zerg fit by chance? Doesn't matter I don't really care to engage you Some folks think a kill ten feet from the spawn differs more than 50 from some base turret as if it matters any in comparison to folks who PTFO on point Yeah I realize it can't be just "fixed" (Crowd the point resulting in total collapse relieving forces of any coordination) May not be broken per say but kinda bites at times
  11. Liewec123

Yeah at the construction base at the very top of north east indar I solo capped it with no allies
    and then i set up construction defense for my new base,
    And then it gets capped...and it belongs to a different outfit, turns out one of them destroyed an empty abandoned harasser.
    I capped base and fortified it, they destroyed an abandoned car...they got the base.

Yeah it needs a huge overhaul, stop punishing people for defending points and supporting their team,
    Stop rewarding people who do nothing but spawn camp.
  12. Zipr

Liewec123 (fwiw) I responded to this post because it seemed to show awareness w/o signs of non-productive stuff... Can't speak for OP but it doesn't exactly appear much real knowledge has been dropped as far as what defines current scoring...

Specifically your response is more related to semantics Small chance a more skilled player may have reasons to build in that exact spot but at a later time Kinda like advanced practice(s) of simple stuff like not repairing a gen to not lure a cloaker OR Keeping a veh terminal destroyed so a Sundy isn't pulled on the sly (All ruined because some engy just wants a few quick points and/or thinks it's just a great idea Maybe needs a flash?)

Let's use your example tho... You and me actually cap or defend the last base I respawn ASAP right as cap finishes or even moments before to begin work on the next base You wait to ensure that is possible Can you honestly say one is more deserving than the other? What about the dude who gingerly decides to go out hunting cortium and happens to show up? How much it really matter much if he's there ahead of either of us Worse yet what if I seen the guy show up and decided to spend time getting setup on another front w/ plans to use the bacon you place "when" I ask for it... OR Try to temporarily cause some trouble on some nearby enemy player base etc.

Reportedly the developers may be taking a second look at available spawn options... I dunno I do sometimes just enjoy solo play which sometimes requires assistance Is it a bummer to think I'm gonna lose out because I choose to deploy for added armor resistance? Occasionally sure if not more times than not (It does seem to fall under the earlier post relating to does the action hurt enemy or help friendly) It's tough I mean I get the faction loyalty We probably don't want FF just to get credit for some generator scoring The developers also hope to encourage herd mentality causing separation or deviation at the same time ie. Is the leaders focus on winning an alert and/or building resources

Personally, I somewhat remember past scoring when it was more just about who gets a name on the base Other things like speed of cap related to numbers on point etc. Good chance newer players question base capture in its current form more than veteran players? I do not know but I think if anything we would need to provide standard examples of how to improve

Take for example what you just explained... It seems like you may be implying that a squad or especially a Platoon w/ numbers to spare could designate a couple guys to drop a silo and because of that it means they earn that base? OR You might think Platoons could/should be made ineligible for such practices Not to mention I understand that it probably wouldn't be your base but I have seen player bases capp'd fully intact quickly and sometimes just moved right to the next base (Some folks either do not place the right module or it is taken out etc.) Seems more like free bonus points for the tankers who never even thought to touch the point and now do not care to offer any protection for actual spawn points

May not exactly sound like it but I'm kinda on your side as far as maybe some changes could be implemented tbh I sometimes almost feel bad spawning to make sure a cap will go through because it may mean I earn the cap (Several factors determine capture including BR)
  13. Liewec123

just gonna ignore that condescension...

Not really? I solo capped a base, somone else got given the cap, how is that related to semantics?

Yes please do, no strawmen

No, didn't you just say we'd use my example?
    As I said there were no other allies, I went to the base solo, I capped the point solo and defended it until it capped.
    There are no terminals to hack or generators at that base, it's literally just a capture point, and I did the whole thing solo
    (It was about 11pm in the UK so the game was getting a bit quieter so no enemies came to defend)
    And when it capped a different outfit was given the base, because while I was capturing the base,
    One of them destroyed an abandoned harasser nearby.

Me too, and back then I wouldn't really care about getting my base cap stolen, but now it matters,
    I play solo and reaching the 1000 "score" requirement to get outfit resources for a base capture is quite difficult for a solofit
    unless you're spawn camping, but I don't spawn camp.
    And OWNING a base grants constant resources as long as you have that base, a big deal for my solofit,
    Its the difference between maybe 15-25 greens for a whole alert without,
    or 100+ if you can keep the base until the map locks
    And that base in particular is usually ignored, and caps quicker so i seized the opportunity and capped it.

It may have sounded that way and I apologise for that, no the fortification was just extra,
    It was the capturing of the point and staying at the point until base cap, that should matter,
    but you get nothing for defending points, while someone spawn camping is rolling in the money.

The current outfit resource system punishes people who defend points,
    Punishes people who spend their time supporting their allies with healing, revives and repairs,
    It doesnt reward those who made the effort to bring a sundy/router
    But it vastly rewards those who just mindlessly farm,

I generally play engi for infantry fights, and I very often bring a sundy, people will be spawning at my sundy,
    Resupplying at my ammo packs while I repair maxes and defend capture points or the sundy if needed.
    NONE of this gets me credit towards outfit resources if we take the base...
    You can see why people just pull heavy, ignore burning sunderers and head off to mindlessly shoot at enemies,
    Because THAT is how you get rewarded...
    Taking support/spawn xp out of the outfit resource system was a collosal mistake.
    We should be encouraging people to support, not punishing them for it.
  14. Zipr

Liewec? Not trying to sound condescending I was just saying that this particular post is or was somewhat on topic (Questions on Std based scoring system) Not hoping to Hi-jack the thread and/or start seeing much gibberish with no point Some posts are just all negative and full of whine to the point it must hurt developers and such heads to read... Waste of my time to read much less log to respond is my take... Some really just seems like gibberish

Hopefully you did read my entire post and gained something... I'm just saying that a response/feedback like this is best suited in a new thread (On topic so more learn or are exposed to pertaining info) Seems to me that such concerns have been brought up in the past leading to the current scoring? Why waste time responding for something which doesn't help those who may need such interaction? How less valuable is a cloaked Sundy parked by some cloaker who intends to engage the enemy OR Uses a beacon after maybe one spawn Does it even matter? Not totally uncommon for me to run to a base and/or use available jump pad's etc. Max can choose to run auto-repair w/ emergency along with carefully selected implants Not for me to say an engy is wasting valuable spawn/fight numbers repairing (May have only chose max because of the numbers of medic's and engys with not much light assault or heavies) I dunno brah I sometimes laugh when I see a max Can't flip a point Cant touch a gen Cant drive or use a turret Again not saying your intended playstyle is wrong People have fun w/ a Max right Personally I just do not always see it as advantageous

I dunno Doesn't seem you much care to be friendly Hope someone can help you better understand any concerns My bad brah
  15. TheEmancipator

I can’t compete with the SKLs of the world for base resources for my 3 man outfit so I have to go off continent or grab cutoffs. I wanted to figure out what is the most efficient way to do it because I like outfit toys too.

Btw I’m not trying to imply there is anything wrong with big outfits. Under the current system, their numbers make it hard to complete because kills are so much more heavily weighted than other critical task like provided spawns, battle field intelligence, heals/repairs, flipping and guarding points. It’s not their fault. I’m just trying to get more efficient in my outfit resource gathering :)
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

Tell me again about off topic gibberish :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Zipr

Naw In all honesty the current system creates opportunity for Outfits to share Such things as setting and guarding generators creates that opportunity I mean yeah the defense may stack the box OR Multiple points get flipped back and forth But there is a few things that can inhibit hoarding of resource's IF I deploy to a base being capp'd I sometimes just ask Okay if I set gen? I mean it is an audible alarm for those nearby But it can also mean earning the name of base (Resources)

P.S. My apologies for not being able to bring anything more to the table on actual scoring I can tell you that I have asked youtube folks like Commander Cyrious in the past so the info may be out there I'm just not always so quick on the uptake of good info
  18. DataGhost

One-point bases without anything to kill or destroy give 0 XP for capping the point and then there is no option to get any XP. I've had it happen several times, e.g. Untapped Reservoir, Tapp Waystation and also the base Liewec123 mentioned. I went there with my outfit, several people on the point capturing it, all of us got 0 XP as the battle hadn't officially started yet and there was nobody else near the point (enemies and friendlies were both too slow to pull sunderers towards that base or redeploy) and absolutely nothing to destroy or kill. Everyone who even enters a hex gets a place on the scoreboard, be it with 0 XP. Those generally do not show up at all, but they are there. In several instances, the scoreboard was completely empty even the last second before the cap was complete, yet the base was awarded to another outfit. It seems that the tie is broken randomly between outfits (player amount does not seem to have any statistical influence) when two or more outfits have the same amount of XP (in this case 0). Very unfair to the squad actually converting and holding the point (even in absence of enemies) while someone just flying an ESF into the hex for a second gets an equal chance at the cap.

This resulted in toxic and unconstructive behaviour as mentioned earlier by Kaiser, where NOT starting a base cap is encouraged, instead letting someone else be stupid enough to do it while you camp the other points, generators, turrets or even just that lone vehicle terminal that's worth 20xp when destroyed. I sometimes do that now when we're low on outfit resources and I see plenty of other people/outfits do the same thing. It's usually some low-BR people who have no idea of the game's mechanics that start the cap for you, and you're screwing them over.

From my software development point of view it seems that the devs don't want to reset the scoreboard as soon as someone just partially turns a point, since they're usually some left-over defender clutching to anything, getting shot after two seconds and thus never completing the point conversion. So they just start the actual counting from the moment that this actually succeeded, because that's the most low-effort thing to do. That created this stupid situation. At least, that's the only reason I could think of for doing it this way. It's easily doable by saving the scoreboard when starting a point conversion, starting the battle at that same time rather than after it, and reverting the scoreboard if the initial point conversion doesn't succeed.
    • Up x 1
  19. Johannes Kaiser

Let's be real here, the probably easiert part to make this work properly would be to again allow all sorts of XP to contribute. The only one that can really be abused is the ammo pack, and it should be possible to cap that at, say 2 contributing ticks per minute per Engi. This limits the viability of putting an ammo pack into nowhere and letting your teammates shoot the air, while at the same time not completely devaluing the entire thing.
    I do not understand why they remoced repair, heal and revive XP at all. NONE of that is "farmable", because it only gives XP when the damage was caused by an enemy, at which point it isn't "farming", it is DOING THE JOB OF ONE'S CLASS.
    And while I understand why some may see the behaviour I described above as "toxic" (I am not really happy myself), there is precious little in terms of other ways to get base ownership if all you can rely on is maybe 2-3 players of average to decent skill level. True, occasionally we just luck out on an almost insane level by rocking the entire show, but usually that isn't enough to guarantee anythign with just 3 people, which means on average each of them still has to score four times the XP everybody else gets.