Get Rid of Cheaters Daybreak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DonkeyX, Nov 14, 2020.

1. JibbaJabba

I can tell by what you've already posted you don't know as much as you think you do here. People are putting in effort in good faith to discuss this. Be teachable. Everyone is glad we've got another player willing to do the needful and get a shadowplay over to support.

He went ahead and gave you a wall of text in response and it seems worth the read.

The game gets a whole lot less frustrating when some of the janky behavior we all see has a reason behind it. That video you posted earlier just doesn't look like a cheater for reasons being explained.

Don't do that resume thing either. People with better ones are already in this discussion.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gutseen

> Don't do that resume thing either. People with better ones are already in this discussion

the only one that i can count is Lewec, others are just a bunch of zoomer no-names with a cargo cult mentality.
  3. Caydn

You do know they dont bother to look at most reports
    • Up x 1
  4. AgentRed

In game /report and /bug have been known to be placebos. You have to take it to the website but it is still 50/50 on whether they'll do anything or not. My last few reports one bots for example they closed the tickets without looking at video evidence which made me sad.
    • Up x 1
  5. PinkHurtsMyEyes

They won't they have added one anti-cheat measture (that we all know barely work vs the simplest cheats) and made it a little harder to edit hitboxes. They can say they have fixed it and we just are mistaken. It's all just bugs and netcode.
    • Up x 1
  6. Spineless

The same guy who programs the cheat client everyone uses also programs the only sanctioned UI mod everyone is using. Also happens to be one of the only people paid to play this game.. Keep dreaming bud... We all know who they are. They have been reported thousands of times. DB has the cheat client and has had it for years. All of the vets have had this crew in there outfits at some point and we know them all. We also know DB is going to do nothing about it.

There should be NO ui mods for PS. No paid players and a 3rd party that polices the game.
    • Up x 2
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

Source: i have no proof but trust me guys, earth is flat btw
    • Up x 1
  8. That_One_Kane_Guy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. BOOKEN

First of all no one said "everyone that kills us is cheating". Why do you make up stuff?

Second of all I have hackers/cheaters recorded more than 7 years ago and it is still going on today.

7 years ago:
    Planetside 2 Hack and Warpgate Grief - YouTube

And why should we have to record cheaters just to prove to you they are cheating when they record themselves? There is a website called YouTube. Maybe you have heard of it? If you can manage it, try going to that website and using the search feature. It's really cool..

PlanetSide 2 Hack (Shadow Hack) Showcase #1 - YouTube

For 8 years people have been finding ways to cheat in PS2. It's nothing new. When there are updates/major changes there is always an uptick in obvious cheaters. And the not-so-obvious cheaters are just good at hiding it. Wall hacks and ESP are just as bad as aimbotting, yet absolutely no way to prove this without someone being able to watch them.

We can easily find THOUSANDS of videos of players getting banned for cheating in games like Rust and DAYZ, etc. because these games have active admins on (SOME) of the servers. "Likely never encountered a hacker" is laughable at best.

The funniest part about your comment though was "post a video". We used to get banned on these forums for posting videos PROVING hacks/cheaters like the one I recorded 7 years ago. Now, I wonder why that was?

The forums and cheer leaders here have done everything they can to minimize the claims of cheating in this game over the years. If only they knew about that website called YouTube..

Personally I don't think the game is broke because of it, but just like every other game PS2 has it's fair share of cheaters.
    • Up x 2
  10. Towie

Overall i'm in agreement - whilst i'm personally of the opinion that there are plenty of people cheating in PS2, it doesn't stop me playing. However it did stop me paying - and that is a bigger problem for the future of the game.
    • Up x 3
  11. JustGotSuspended

Ah, now that I know where to look, I'll try to see if there's videos that can teach me how to conduct a brain transplant, that way I'll perhaps be able to help your cause.
  12. JustGotSuspended

Correction: it's now impossible to edit hitboxes.

Please prove us wrong and demonstrate how you've recently hacked them (and were not banned while doing so).

They've added multiple anti-cheat measures, some that the community even asked to be removed because they were banning legit players.

Additionally, if you \report a guy in game and you see him playing the next day, well there's a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likelihood you're a MORON who doesn't know what hacking even looks like.

I would personally suggest gittinggud, aiming better, or perhaps putting up full-screen moukass or leroy montages and pretending you're the one playing.
  13. JustGotSuspended

Are you one of these mangos who think the recursion stat tracker is a cheat?

Reassure me and tell me you're referring something else lol.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mowu

I can guarantee they only ban some but not the majority of them and they still do HWID bans, which is bypassed by reinstalling windows 10. Know a personal friend who was banned 3 times in the past 2 years, we just re-installed windows 10 and he was playing again. Last ban was 8 months ago and hasn't been hit since.
  15. razor1360

i got use to it . i just became a stalker infiltrator solved it for me . but yes cheating is bad in the game . but odds are there to scared to knock off players on the game for cheating . they need a better anti cheat program .
  16. razor1360

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i have news for you sir i played call of duty in 2004 it had aim bots . you would know because a player never lifts his gun to aim ever and the bots they use on COD 1 servers now do the same thing . the bots will kill you super fast and never aim . the aim bot of today has to be far more advanced and doesn't show itself in any way other than crazy hard to do shots . IT IS A FACT THERE ARE CHEATS AND AIM BOTS . google it you will find pages online that sell them for Planetside 2 . I LIKED the cheat were no matter were you shoot it hit the dummy in the head every time . they say they solved that one . but i am sure they just upgraded the cheat to make it work again .
  17. JustGotSuspended

only things that need upgrading is your reasoning and english
  18. Towie

Hmm this is a new one on me - during his 'fun' couple of hours, he killed close to 700 people yet not a single headshot !

[IMG]
    [IMG]

He has a friend doing exactly the same thing. I expect them to be gone soon or put on a permanent holiday - but this is something I haven't seen before.
    • Up x 2
  19. Chun

20. LurkingHorror

Well, the thing is, there are hackers who don't even try to hide it, even posting videos. These are rare enough that you might really never see one anymore these days.

Of cause there are also those that do try to hide it. This makes it more difficult to spot them, as they can easily be confused with just good players, especially if they are good players already without cheats, and are good at hiding it.

But just like you can develop the skill to run with high k/d and exceptional headshot rate, by playing a lot for up to 8 years now and practising a lot, you can likewise develop the skill to tell cheaters apart from just good players, by playing a lot for up to 8 years, alongside and against the best and worst player around, and paying attention.

Those who never see cheaters and thus deduct that everyone who sees them in relevant quantities must be wrong, are basically equivalent to the 0.3 k/d heavy who insists that high k/d and HSR are not possible to achieve without cheating.

But no need to tell anyone to 'git gud' at spotting cheaters. If they manage to happily live in a world free of cheats, they might actually be operating at the preferable skill level already :)
    • Up x 1