Why Mission over code.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Nov 20, 2020.

1. AgentRed

I been playing for a while now, but with anniversary gift I find there are issues. Why did they switch it from code to mission to get our free gift? To me it is kind of anti-user/customer. The reason I say that is because the code applied to the whole account, where the mission only applies to a single character so if I have 9 character I have to give up a lot of time to get it. People have to to extra steps like with the camping tents to burn people out because they have to play a different way to get the item before it expires.
  2. JibbaJabba

The camo isn't a free gift.

This is keeping with the previous Exceptional directives. I (humblebrag) just finished the Exceptional I directive for the black camo. Most of the directive objectives are weapons that you can only purchase individually or in bundles.

It is in essence a monetization thing. They dangle rewards behind lots of work, or some cash. In this case they are dangling some of the juiciest (cosmetic only) rewards behind a directive that also requires you to buy weapons. People that want the camo buy the stuff to achieve it.

There are no expirations on the Exceptional directives.

It's a bummer to grind for them on each character and I think probably not worth it.
    • Up x 1
  3. AgentRed

I am talking about the delivery on the 8 year anniversary gift mission and how they used to do a promo code that when redeemed it would apply to the whole account and not just a single character. Where no you have to accept the mission and do it all your characters. Which most likely is a time limited event. So it forces people to play it on all their characters if they want it. But from what I have seen in the past they will sell it from $15 later. That is why I am say it is more anti-user/costumer way of them doing it now.
  4. Watndit

For me the Aniversary Mission doesn´t even show up.
  5. AgentRed

For some reason it is broken and its also bugged with def. Thats why the promo code would have been better everyone could just type it in and get it.
  6. PinkHurtsMyEyes

It's bugged to bits. Defending don't count. Pistol kills sometimes count. Mine are frozen at 5. I've completed them but I can't be bothered grinding 200000 pistolkills till the code decides to count it again. Besides, this is not a gift this is a directive. It's not hard to complete but the problem is with the code you can get it for your account. SOME of us have a LOT of characters. And this is just a way to prevent me from getting it on all of my main chars.
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Shoot deployables, they count every time. Motion detectors, ordnance dampeners, such things.