[Suggestion] New membership perk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 17, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

Ok, devs want to come up with more membership perks to sell memberships, and want to fix pop balance, and NSOs are a flop for a few reasons.

New idea: Let members move their certs between characters. There you go, I have thousands of certs on one toon and no idea what to spend them on? Move them over to a lower, or even new toon on a different faction for a kick start.
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

That buys you one membership right? Then they've shifted their certs where they want and are done.

Can't say I have a better idea though. Maybe special tracers for their weapons, an aura only visible to allies to identify them?
    • Up x 1
  3. Twin Suns

Honestly, if DBG would've said "The game is no longer free anymore, you have to have a membership to play". I would've preferred that to the not finished NSO's, the non-combat inspired carrot trolling and that literal $ hitstorm intended to stop fights through non-combat attrition on a mass scale.

They could've lowered the membership price a smidge, promised to fix what bugs they could and focused on the combat aspects of PS2. We're adults, We're Planeteers. I'd sure as he// pay for a membership like that. There has to be a better way.

4. Liewec123

They also need to remove the utterly unnecessary passive cert cap.
    My membership ended a few weeks back and it's been SO GOOD not being forced
    to waste 5 mins each day logging in and out of characters.
    I play a few nights a week, and sure membership is good for those nights,
    but for the rest of the week it's just an annoying chore.
    And it's an annoying chore that we pay for...

If they want to sell subs they need to offer INCETIVES not DISINCENTIVES.
    That God damn daily chore needs to go,
    Remove the cap? give the certs at the start of each month?
    Give the certs to each character when we claim the 500dbc?
    WHATEVER, but the daily chore NEEDS TO GO.

On to new ideas though...

They should actually use their members early access store...
    Release new weapons, cosmetics etc and add them to the store before non-members get to play with them
    (Maybe a week before?)
    That would incentivise people to sub if they want to play with the new shinies earlier than everyone else,
    But perhaps the early access store could be cash-only for weapons too,
    since most people who've played for atleast a year won't ever buy guns with cash.
    Maybe to play with them early they should be cash-only.

This is good for DBG because they'd have more subs being sold and weapons being bought with cash!
    But it's good for players too because we'don't be getting more weapons and cosmetics!

Also DBG should finish NSO, give them a really unique ESF,
    something that will make people want to sub to try
  5. JustGotSuspended

plz no

Do you really want them to add mini p2w bastions?
  6. DarkStarAnubis

Unless you use vehicles, after a while you character has more than enough certs for pretty much everything in terms of weapons and equipment. The only almost endless cert sink is Implants.

I always wonder why they do not add new implants - that's a cash-cow for them. But at the same time I understand that with their messy way of designing, developing and testing they end up with lots of backslash (Can I say "Fire Storm"?) and end up messing things.
  7. Liewec123

nope, i want their "ESF" to be way smaller and way weaker than a standard ESF, (think more of a drone than an ESF)
    i'd like it to work like max, instead of being a vehicle that you can enter and exit, you become the vehicle (no resurrections though),
    a flying drone that can go indoors and hover perfectly still.
    front facing shield like an engi turret but squishy vulnerable sides and back,
    for weapons its main gun would be like a kobalt or engi turret,
    and it'd also have seeker missiles as an alt weapon like Javelins Nest Launcher.
    it'd be cheaper than an ESF, maybe 250.

one of the only hooks for NSO is their unique units, Javelin is nothing like an MBT, defector isn't really like a max,
    their ESF should follow the same theme of being cheaper and completely different.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

I think once you hit ASP 100 you should get a BR 50 w/certs on another faction.

That's how you keep folks going...
    • Up x 3
  9. JustGotSuspended

a free nso char could be unlocked once you hit asp 1000 on a character.
  10. RabidIBM

I hear you on the daily chore of collecting the daily certs, those should show up because I bought membership. I'm alt tabbing back and forth between logging all my characters and viewing this post :) I'd say same goes for the DBC, I bought membership, just give me the damn cash.

As for the bit about having all the stuff you want after a while, that's kind of my point. People have the guns they want, and to want to go back to basics, so they are reluctant to make new accounts on new factions. Being able to start a new character, and drop in however many thousand certs for a kick start would motivate players to try out the other kids' toys, and possibly help to balance the population a bit. Do I log into the over pop faction and wait in queue, or the under pop faction and jump right in?

I don't know how I feel about that specific NSO ESF suggestion, but honestly, give them anything. The fact that NSO is an unfinished project...after how long?...is most of why it is a flop.
    • Up x 1