Why do derelict vehicles respawn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 15, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

I thought he whole thing was that the nanite systems related to the vehicles went offline when the warpgate shattered, and that's why they don't despawn. So why do they respawn?
    [IMG]
    I've been toying around with a construction build at this location, at some point I'll upload it. The point is that the sundy there is a problem, so I went to the trouble to play enough of the campaign to get the tool for these things, I reactivate it, and throw it just to get it out of the way. A while later it had respawned and was messing up my team mates drawing vehicles. So I reclaimed it a second time and parked it at the top of the vehicle pad, figuring that way it would stay down. Nope, it respawned again. FUUUUUUUUUUUU! This is so dumb!
  2. RabidIBM

Oh whoops, wrong picture. That's embarrassing.
  3. RabidIBM

4. JustGotSuspended

Obviously the things gonna respawn at the same location!

Otherwise only a few players would get to hijack them. The respawn time is about 5 minutes if I'm not mistaken, and it's always the same vehicle that spawns in the same spot. Next time I would just avoid them and build my base away from them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

i've been meaning to set up a spawn tube by a derelict galaxy so i can skywhale all night for the cost of a spawn tube!
    • Up x 2
  6. RabidIBM

Just don't build near them? Oh, because this game's no build zones aren't already big enough? At the very least, if they must respawn, (which why would they?), at least block their respawn if it would collide with an existing object.

It also is very clear that they didn't anticipate builders making reactivation projects out of the abandoned bases, between this and so many other things that make it frustrating to build in them.
  7. Liewec123

hey look on the bright side, you have a respawning spawn point for your base!
    if they nuke your sunderer you have infinite more! XD
    • Up x 3