[Suggestion] More Suggestions for Planetside 3...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Destroyer0370

So I just watched Camikaze's new video asking if there should be a Planetside 3.

People, myself included, have been giving suggestions on this forum that we think will make the game better for years, so we have been pushing in a way for those ideas to be part of Planetside 3.

Still, something in the video comments got me wondering stuff, that I did not mention and agree with. If Planetside 3 starts development one day....

1. Having to do with the hardware part; make sure the game supports multicore processing, more than one cpu.

2. Software front(and not knowing anything about programming)...make sure the game engine(?)/program is flexible to put in things/features/whatever or take them out, with ease. You know sometimes an idea might not work out in a game, nothing wrong with that, so you can revert some or all it's components depending on success it has involving players' likes or dislikes.
    • Up x 1
  2. InexoraVC

Multicore processing is supported.
    Don't know if MultCPU is supported. Has anyone tested it ?

P.S. speaking about Planetside3 is the same as speaking about migration to Jupiter
    • Up x 3
  3. JibbaJabba

There is one suggestion I have held for years.

Planetside 3 must not be 100% free to play.

That's all.

A full on subscription is not necessary. I'm not asking for that. But it must *something* to create a character.

This one move will give teeth to community policing and anti-cheat measures.

If you discover some exploit and chain pull new characters after each kick? It should cost you. Being a bigoted jerk in yellchat? Lose your main, or pay up for alts. Say something actually threatening or criminal? The police will have your payment address.

None of this is possible in the true F2P model PS2 has. We cannot add this rule now to Planetside 2 or it would end. If added at the beginning of Planetside 3 it would be accepted.

As a bonus for Rogue Planet: It will also force the "hard part", actually pulling out a physical credit card. After that purchases are a then only one click away forever. Customers are still not obliged to purchase but now they are more likely to
    • Up x 6
  4. ican'taim

Painfully agree. If you want to have a free trial, you'll need to put in your payment info first (won't be charged, and is not automatic so it's not scummy). This will prevent hackers and script kiddies from abusing the free trial system to hack, and will limit character creation further for hackers

Onto the painful part...that's because I wouldn't have joined if this game wasn't f2p, and I most likely speak for many others as well. But if PS3 ever comes to light, and does not
    • not have rushed development
    • isn't a cashgrab, like what I've seen with early PS2 and The Game That Shall Not Be Named.
    • ignore PS1, and all of it's great features (inventories, faction identity, cert tree, etc)
    • favor infantry and light vechles
    • be Battlefield:Auraxis
    ... then I am definitely buying it, no ands, ifs, or buts about it!
    • Up x 2
  5. JustGotSuspended

I would give the people who are like elite veterans in PS2, like who have ASP 100, or already spend a lot in the game would either get the game for free, a really good deal for it, or get a lot of progression if they do have to pay full price.

There's a lot of advantages for having a game pay2play, but there's also a few downsides.

The main downside is that now people would have to pay for the game, which means the game better be damn good. People can barely tolerate the bugs and all about PS2, now imagine forcing people to pay for it. Basically everyone would stick to PS2, or very few players would migrate to PS3 if PS2 is shut down.

Then there's the fact DBG doesn't even accept payments in some regions, so unless they adapt you're losing part of your playerbase, including a really valuable planetside 2 youtuber. Remember online games are global so certain of your points like criminality, etc are still very sketchy. If you remember in the olden days SOE was able to hardware ban certain cheaters, and wanted to pursue legal action, however they were unable to pursue most of the cases as they were out of the US.

Being a bigoted jerk in yellchat? Lose your main, or pay up for alts.

One more thing portraying to this. After 8 years of play, I got to experience this firsthand for the first time. I got a 3 day ban for swearing (indirectly) at a cheater. Now I'm pretty sure everyone playing games has experienced people swearing in every single one of their sessions. Even the youtubers swear, yet they don't seem too get banned. Obviously, after that 3 day ban which can result in a perma ban of my 200 day character I kinda shut up and behave like a sweaty tryhard. I'm not sure if that's for the better or the worse of the game.

Really, a jerk is entirely subjective. People nowadays can turn anything into the most offensive comment they've ever heard, and if DBG is going to ban paying people for what they say they better have a crystal clear outline of what is tolerable and unacceptable behavior. Otherwise you can end up banning the whole playerbase for being "jerks". They also need to make sure they ban everyone being a "jerk" by their definition, otherwise that's extra room for controversy.

Personally, it's a game, I think the best thing to do is let players handle it. You have a mute option. You have an option to filter profanity. You have the option to ignore players and disable tells. I know a guy who's ignored me on all his alts because I mined his kobalt bus twice in a row. If people can use these features to rage, they can surely use it to ignore people who offend them.

We could go on forever, but all that aside, as someone already mentioned discussing Planetside 3 as a potential reality practically amounts to discussing the possibility of colonizing the universe.
    • Up x 4
  6. Greiztoph

Life is Feudal MMO did this, 5 or 10 bucks for a player ticket to join the real server otherwise you were stuck on tutorial island, it was a great idea just the devs got way too greedy and monetized their game to hell and back. I think what they should do is 5$ for a character that can choose a faction, otherwise you are stuck as an NS Operative. This would let people play Free to Play but you cannot stay with a certain faction nor use that factions weaponry, which should let people test the game out, see what the other factions look like, and to get a taste of the fights, and you don't isolate those who cannot pay.

Make Gold and Lumifiber guns purchasable, and have black and Auraxium as ingame earnable, remove the ability to buy every weapon with cash and instead add weapon cosmetics as purchasables. Things like dangly bits, custom stocks, etc, lots of junk you can tack on things.

For vehicles and armours, make simple ones to be earned in game, while high quality or community made items are purchasable.

Have a membership that gives you a discount on cash purchases, gives you a free faction character slot yearly(So say you didn't buy a character slot, if you bought a years membership instead you get the character that way at purchase), gives account wide rested experience(when logged out of your account you gain rested xp bonus which gives you an exp boost while playing any character until it runs out), discount certain cert walls(things like A.S.P), and lastly lets you try a weapon for 24 hours(resets after the 24 hour try and you can try something else).

That should be a reasonable amount of cash income without pissing off the community and for the love of god do not put lootboxes in, those are pure cancer.
    • Up x 2
  7. Haquim

I think one of the reasons for adding a little bit of cost instead of going F2P are cheaters, exploiters, trolls and other trusted companions.
    So they can't just make another account and proceed to ruin the fun for the rest of us after getting banned.
    Making NSO F2P would defeat the purpose and concentrate those nice people in one faction.

Honestly I would be a lot more relaxed if I knew that any potential cheater encounter at least supported the game with a bit of money.
    • Up x 2
  8. Greiztoph

I always forget about cheaters because I never think people want to actively ruin their own gaming experience... but then I remember that there are many people who only get enjoyment out of winning overwhelmingly.
    • Up x 1
  9. Anantidaephobia

Doors, please. Can we have doors ?!? ;)
  10. JibbaJabba

No problemo. Just repurpose the vehicle collision engine over here to make sure it stays synced across all players. Should work butter smooth.... :D
  11. Fyrethorne

That feels like it could be handily abused if implemented carelessly. People already make a habit of dipping in and out of what shields are in, so we'd have to be very careful
    • Up x 1
  12. Greiztoph

Agreed Spawnroom warriors are already tedious enough
  13. Anantidaephobia

But at least you can hear a door closing/opening :cool: