The Faction farming still exist 7 years later.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liquidrider, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Liquidrider

And based on the last month since I've been back after a 2 year break.... not much has changed.

I can't speak to the NS Faction update, I wasn't around when it launched, but they seem non-existent and from what I gather it is member only & doesn't resolve faction farming.

I can't even blame those that do it. Either an unstoppable zerg is formed & its easy XP. Hell even I have wanted to swap factions just so I can get some certs. People are just playing the game. However the absurdity of how long it has gone ignored. Alerts & continent locking only made it worse. Either DBG clearly doesn't see this as an issue, don't care or have no idea how to fix it.

I suspect it is a server by server basis & I can only speak to one, but I really wish people would speak up more about it & ignoring the problem definitely isn't going to help the game.

[IMG]

I guess the only suggestion I do have to fix it is to give a rotating XP bonus or giving the faction that is being double teamed something to be able to defend themselves against 96 vs 48 on two sides. The battles have been diluted to spawn camping. And how has faction swaping not been dealt with yet? Lock it down already. You log into tr,nc, or vanu you're stuck with that faction for 24 hours.

Anyways time to go collect my paycheck or retirement
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Haven't seen this extreme in a long while now. Which server and time, if I may ask?
    • Up x 2
  3. Novgdea

Come on Cobalt, and try to play TR.
    When playing from 11 Am until 1 am (so, more thant 12H) and win a single alert, you know this game have a problem.
  4. RabidIBM

Perhaps a simple change, like an XP boost for fighting the winning faction during alerts, scaled to how much they are winning by, would encourage players who are only here to farm to at least go farm the winners?
  5. Towie

The great thing about PS2 is that people can do what the hell they want. The worst thing about PS2 is that they often do.