What is being done about non-obvious cheats?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lausk, Nov 8, 2020.

1. JibbaJabba

You have fair play. Cheaters are few and far between.

Stop persecuting good players who have put thousands of hours into the game. It harms the game.
    Accept that the people that dunk on you and me are just better.

Stop trying to **** on the game and sour the experience others with false accusations. Particularly noobs. You fill their head with cheating ******** and they'll just perpetuate the same unfounded crap. Let them do the thing you don't... ask that "monster" how they do it instead of assuming.
    • Up x 3
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

This is quite possibly the most convoluted, discombobulated hackusation I have ever seen. Your logic is based on such a tangle of false assumptions and fallacies that I could honestly write an entire essay on it and not cover it all to my satisfaction. I guess I'll settle for pointing out that real life pilots and virtual pilots are about as closely related as a frozen steak is to ice cream and leave it at that.
  3. Liquidrider

4. Liquidrider

My personal opinion is they really should respond to the /reports. The problem is so many people believe it is useless so either the individual gets fed up and quits the game or just ignores the suspected cheater. I don't know if /report is used or not, but I can say that if it is a placeholder to make people feel better... its not working. May of worked back in 2012, but they should make a public spectacle of those they ban. This is done in games like overwatch. guildwars 2, and many others. It at least gives a clear message they are doing some.

What does NOT work is being silent about it.
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

They should publish reports about the number of cheaters they ban daily/weekly/monthly, and detail if it's the same player(s) making new accounts, maybe even what cheat they use.

After a few months of that, maybe some of y'all will start to realize these "cheaters" exist only in your mind. Although I'm quite sure even that wouldn't drag some of you out of this delusion you've covered yourselves in a vain attempt to mask the fact you suck.
  6. Towie

Check your killboard - they have a habit of deleting cheats now which shows up as n/a as they can no longer be found on players, I actually like to see these as it means they are actively doing something.

[IMG]

I see these all the time - if you are not then congratulations, you are managing to avoid cheaters (the obvious / stupid ones anyway).

I remember this guy who was given a short ban for toxicity due to 'abusing' a cheater - which I though was very unfair at the time - oh hang on, wasn't that you ???
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

legit only seen like a dozen scripted cheaters in 8 years of play. 6 of them at least were the same dude a few weeks ago making new accounts to shoot and teleport through objects. Rare encounters, that may affect a fight for a little bit, but are quickly avoided and banned. Really, I think you're the only dude who see that occur frequently in your killboard, even the cheaters that get banned still keep their name on my killboard.

I'm not sure that n/a necessarily means a banned cheater, that's the first time I've seen someone bring that up, I can't find any official information about what it means. Keep in mind it's an abandoned beta site, so it's not always accurate.

Yes I swore once at a cheater who was exploiting bugged turrets and got a 3-day ban. I'm not sure what that has to do with the conversation.

The guy who made this post though is once again talking about "hacks" not exploiting, which are different things. He also mentions game balance, so I guess we can automatically disregard his opinion.
  8. Towie

It started happening relatively recently - previously dodgy folks just appeared to go on an indefinite holiday and never play again, now many disappear completely. I have a laptop beside my gaming rig so keep track of any dodgy characters I come across - many do indeed get deleted and when gone, they are replaced with 'n/a' in your killboard (sometimes they stay for a short period on fisu so I guess there is a slight delay in the feed - not long though).

Ahh ok I just thought it was a bad way to treat someone (cheater is worse than abuser in my book - indeed - they deserve it!) but it's possible they just thought you were being abusive without knowledge of the reasons why...fair enough.
  9. JustGotSuspended

idk dude...

also, a pro gamer tip: instead of running a laptop to search up characters or your killboard, just hook up a secondary/tertiary monitor to your desktop!
  10. Lausk

The best part about this whole online experience is that you get to choose whether or not you want to listen to people that agree/disagree with you, call you delusional, or just bad.

Imagine listening to someone telling you that you'll never get good at a game. Now imagine someone telling you there are no cheaters in a game and to tell you to take their word for it because you're wrong.

The hypocrisy is tangible.

Make your own assumptions, and pursue your own goals, and don't let anyone tell you you can't do something.
    • Up x 5
  11. Towie

Absolutely.

BUT you wouldn't believe the cr@p I received for suggesting the same on another thread.

If you believe there are no cheaters in PS2 despite all the contrary evidence - go for it and keep ploughing your cash into the game. (This is my preferred option by the way - PS2 is unlike anything i've ever played before and I love it).

If you believe that cheaters are a big problem in PS2 - you can either quit or continue in the knowledge that you'll be facing some scumbags occasionally.

Anyone suggesting that something is awry has historically been lambasted but at the end of the day, it's your money and your life - make up your own mind.

Finally - although the folks who follow the 'git-gud' mantra on the basis that it would 'put off brand new players' is an honorable reason, there is pretty much zero chance that a genuinely new player is going to just 'discover' PS2 after all of these years and actually enjoy their new player experience. Rather - try to get all of those who abandoned PS2 due to the issues (cheating being just one of them) back on side.
    • Up x 1
  12. ican'taim

Well I just saw my first actual cheater a couple days ago:
    [IMG]

This game needs to bring back stat-based anticheat because Battleye is useless atm, only thing it has done is block the game from running on Linux.
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

So that's not quite the "non obvious cheater". Report him to customer service with that screenshot alone and he'll get deleted. The low BR indicates he'll likely make another character though.

Neither Battleye or stat based anti-cheat would help much here.
    • Up x 3
  14. ican'taim

A low BR raking in kills with an infantry weapon while taking in zero damage is quite suspicious stat-wise though.
    Big red flag imo.
  15. JustGotSuspended

It shouldn't take a genius or an online dude to remind you that if you think a majority of the playerbase if hacking without being able to prove any substantial reasoning/facts for such wild claim, you should be examined.

Ofc, if thinking everyone who kills you is a hacker makes you feel better, then go ahead and bathe in your illusion. However the issue I and other rational players have with people wildly spreading rumors of cheaters in a game with doodoo netcode and latency is that it can influence noobs to follow that same line of thought.

So as you say, keep your baseless assumptions to yourself, and ensure you have enough for a detailed, statistically/proof backed discussion if you would like to try to expose others to your world of cheaters.
  16. JustGotSuspended

The method he uses to kill people is what is the issue. Battleye is fine to prevent certain scripts, but it won't catch exploits, nor is it possible for DBG to ban players based on "stats". Ofc, having been on Connery, I can assume it's this one cheater that has been making alts all week to cheat through objects and teleport around.

Also if you check he is killed, and does not have high accuracy.

People removed the stat-based anti-cheat because of community feedback. If you remember a ton of people made alts to grind nice stats and see if they could get banned, then complained when they did. Which contributed to the devs scrapping the system.
    • Up x 1
  17. JustGotSuspended

Where.

Is.

This.

Evidence???????
  18. JustGotSuspended

He's been making alts on Connery all week just teleporting around and shooting through things. He is pretty trash, but it is super annoying to deal with. Also despite the fact he gets banned quickly, he makes a new account just as quick. Very trash and cancerous player.

Unfortunately I'm unsure if the devs can do anything more than these bans due to the region he's playing it.
  19. Towie

And what a totally ridiculous thing to say when two posts before this is someone showing an obvious cheat !

However - if you believe there are none then great, that's your opinion and I respect that. I have a different opinion - as do some others - and you should also respect that. I have formulated my conclusions based on my own experiences and understand that others may draw a different conclusion.

PLEASE keep ploughing your cash into the game as I did for many many years - I want it to keep going.

Meanwhile, enjoy the skillz - there's plenty to choose from:
    • Up x 1
  20. JustGotSuspended

Plenty to chose from, yet it's always the same 3 vids or screenshots from the same dude using the same hack.

Hard to believe that from that stems the belief that cheaters form a considerable amount of the playerbase, or that they are everywhere.

Again, there's the odd cheater out there, but nothing to back some of the wild assumptions I've seen thrown around.

Maybe we can sit together and count how many cheaters you encounter during each of your sessions.

Either a stream or recording or both, what do you think? That way I won't have to look at the same video people link to "prove" the game is infested with cheats/hax.