[Suggestion] Constructed console spire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 6, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

Most of us are familiar with the routing spire, this idea would have a similar concept. This would be a spire that you draw the item from, fly yourself to wherever, then slap down an infantry console anywhere for your platoon.

This might be too much for one player to provide when combined with the routing spire, so I would put the two in the same building spot. Much like how rampart walls and solid walls take the same building slot, make the two infantry support spires take the same building slot. This way, 1 player can deliver a router as per the current system, and a second player also playing a similar role can drop an infantry console beside the router. Many bases already have infantry consoles in really random places, so this wouldn't shake up the balance that much, but would offer another path to victory via team work. If it proved too powerful to have router deployed MAXes, then add a cortium cost to the nanite cost of whatever is pulled from this console, much like vehicle and air pads used to do.

And while I'm on the topic of infantry consoles, get the console out of the bunker. The fact that it even exists is one of the reasons I end up chained to my base when I own anything significant, the alarm module doesn't warn me about noobs being "helpful" by adding bunkers.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

It could be crazy OP with how current resupply works.
    If i stand near the terminal and press E twice suddenly my ability energy is maxed, my shield is maxed an my weapon is reloaded.

Now imagine that on a heavy running bionics,
    press E twice to regain full 900 shield, full 450 Nanite Mesh shield, and instantly reload your LMG, it's the ultimate point holder!

So I do like the idea of mobile terminals, but it'd need a reasonably long personal cooldown between uses
    to stop it from just being used for free instant recharges and reloads :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Parsa

Big deal, you'll just get C4ed with the terminal altogether
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Which is only possible if someone with C4 gets close.
    And the abuse potential is so big it'd be very difficult to get there.
    • Up x 1
  5. RabidIBM

Good point Liewec123, I did forget about that. A personal cooldown might work, or a distance restriction from the router.

What inspired this idea were some fights where there was a console decently close to a control point, and we had a point hold with maxes that didn't have to make the journey from a sundy. It was cool, but the console wasn't right on a point. That could be another balance option, that this thing would have a distance restriction from a control point.

Ok, after thinking about it for a couple minutes, I'd say your cooldown idea is probably best. "You cannot use this console again for 60...59...58"
    • Up x 2
  6. Liewec123

good luck reaching me with my infinite ammo, no reloads and 1450 health reset on demand XD