Got Reported for MapHack, what are MapHacks?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Greiztoph, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Greiztoph

[IMG]

So I was running around trying to figure out where this small little trickle of VS were coming from at Chac Water Purification on Hossin, I eventually found it, it was basically right near the edge of the map. So I killed an infil that was there, blew up the sundy, then got killed by that same infil who spawned while I was killing their sundy.

I'm just going to assume this guy let his anger at a game get the better of him, but seriously, what are MapHacks?
  2. JibbaJabba

First hackusation?
    • Up x 3
  3. Greiztoph

For this game yes, I remember getting them in Call of Duty World at War when I was at college age for being able to pull the trigger on my gamepad really fast. Just never heard of MapHacks since I just don't care if some idiot is using hacks, they're ruining their own experience instead of challenging themselves.
  4. iller

"Map hacks" DO exist but it's WAY more specific than this person you text clipped thinks they are when they actually happen and we've had plenty of examples (and even videos) posted here on these forums when they do happen -- usually involving 1 rando who makes a bee-line for a stalker infiltrator who's been sitting crouched in literal bum-f**k Egypt just trying to see if any blatant cheaters were dumb enough to take the bait. In the Past, even the Devs would make their player textures NULL (invisible) and run around waiting till someone shot them completely dead which was an unmistakeable giveaway that the guy doing it was cheating and just locking-on to every Character-Bone or "3rd party shaded Cham" in the vicinity.

I talked someone out of camping a hill above our playerbase last week when he was caught making some really obvious Lies about Infiltrator mechanics which gave him away eventually. Someone who actually knows what a MapHacker is up to only resorts to threatening to Report them (to actual customer support, not the in-game function which does nothing at all unless a whole squad reports the same name) if they ALREADY have video proof of the first encounter which is going to be really Rare unless the cheater gets greedy and keeps killing the same player over and over again.

TL;DR - this guy was Bluffing, good job on calling his bluff
    • Up x 2
  5. Greiztoph

Oh good god, thanks for giving an actual answer, the reddit thread had very little info on this.
  6. Demigan

Anyone within X range is effectively rendered and tracked on your PC somewhere. Map hacks allow you to see these players on the map (or in thr 3D world) by using 3rd party software and basically coloring in any infantry and vehicle not revealed by default. Now you can see through walls and terrain and spot any enemy before they appear.
    • Up x 2