Reduce no build zones by 50%!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChaoZ, Oct 23, 2020.

1. ChaoZ

The Flail in it's current state is almost useless, especially on Hossin as the no build zones overlap everywhere!
    • Up x 5
  2. Zagareth

I don't get it anyway, why the Flail can't shoot everywhere, while we get OS spam and Bastion spam at every base.
    How about we remove the OS and Bastion ability to shot at the bases? I'm wondering if it would be used after that...
    • Up x 1
  3. Tycoh

I agree, it truly is strange that the devs put a mechanic that is technically designed to act as a barrier against enemy zergs but they prevent them from being built near bases where zergs go to!
    • Up x 6
  4. ChaoZ

I find it absolutely crazy how the flail is limited at all, when you consider the bastion and OS. There is LITERALLY no point in using it, even bridges near bases are unable to be shot at due to these ridiculous restrictions. Do the Devs even read this? I've read lots of topics on this huge issue with the flail yet nothing has been changed yet!?
    • Up x 1
  5. Greiztoph

What does the Flail even do? Like unironically I've killed them and that's it, I've never seen one do anything.
  6. DarkStarAnubis

AFAIK no-build zones around have been set for performance reasons, a graphic engine has usually an upper limit in poly count beyond which performances are degraded. PS2 Engine is already poorly performing enough, not optimized for multi-core CPUs (which are the current trends nowadays, even my phone has a octa-core CPU) but for raw GHz and that reached a limit since a few years.

About the Flail: do not expect consistency in PS2. The dev team tosses things left and right and then tinker until people stop complaining. It is short-sighted way for working but that's the best they can deliver.

Construction in general is another of the many unglued PS2 elements. Too expensive to cert, too slow to build, too quick to destroy and of top of it, the building decay as time goes by ... I have heard and see many things but a decaying building is something unique.

At least back when a faction needed Hives to lock a continent there was some connection.
    • Up x 1
  7. RabidIBM

The big guns not being allowed to shoot into bases is just dumb. Then they went and added the storm mechanic on Esamir to add splash to the zergfests and...yeah they really have forgotten that construction exists haven't they? They also could really do better than bubbles for the no build zones. How about drive around with the ant and look at where the boundaries should be instead of an arbitrary bubble?
    • Up x 1
  8. OneShadowWarrior

They should actually remove the no deploy or no build zones. Let the players reinforce the bases. Bastions these days wipe everything out without proper cover.
    • Up x 1
  9. iller

Shouldn't even need a Bastion really.... just give the stupid Collossus tanks a big bonus on Damage against Construction Walls and I guarantee you'll see way more of them put to work instead of just remaining a Novelty that's only pulled for Meme Ops

But this also means giving AV turrets some real Damage resistance to AP/HEAT cannons in general. Make them weaker to Dumbfire Launchers and Hornets if that's what it takes, but they NEED to resist vehicle Cannons and Topguns way more than they currently do.