Haven't played in about a year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Oct 20, 2020.

1. CapEnTrade

Why should I come back now? What have the interns over at Daybroken come up with?
  2. JibbaJabba

You have a lot of patch notes to read.

Esclation was awesome.
    Shattered was meh.
    • Up x 1
  3. ican'taim

2 major patches along with some minor ones (will lump them together)

Escalation:
    • Bastion Fleet carriers are in the game but you cannot board them. They are for outfits that collect enough resources and there can only be one bastion per faction on the same continent. They return to orbit after an hour.
    • War assets are constructed with outfit harvested resources:
      • Citadel shield: Large dome shield that protects a large area from enemy fire.
      • Orbital Strike: yup, now an outfit asset as well.
      • Modules: Mainly buffs/nanite reduction costs for defenders and base turrets.
      • A.N.V.I.L: Call in a vehicle from orbit. There are different tiers for different vehicles, but frankly they're not worth it. Just wait for some nanites and redeploy
    • Faction neutral Sanctuary is in the game! This is where you start, and where you can access the A7 shop, which leads me to my next point...
    • A7: New currency and is used for a "black market" sort of shop in the Sanctuary. Can only be obtained through exposed terminals, indicated by a glowing circle. Usually found in untouched bases far from the action.
    • Colossus tank: Was added a month after Escalation, this is the anti-bastion weapon. A bit weak currently.
    • NS-66 Punisher: New SMG with underbarrel, has class specific grenade abilities.
    The Shattered Warpgate:
    • Esamir's Northeastern warpgate has exploded, destroying many bases in close proximity. Nanite Systems has deployed a "Haven" as a temporary staging ground further south.
    • All biolabs are gone
    • Major base reworks
    • Campaigns (lore)
    • Missions (meh...)
    • Eisa Tech Plant is now a 3 point base
    • A storm that roams the continent
    • The shattered warpgate area is an awesome battleground because redeployside doesn't exist and construction serves a purpose.
    • Liberator got a HP nerf and base AA turrets got a range buff
    There's most likely more stuff but this should be most of it.
  4. Blam320

You can get A7 from daily missions. You forgot about that.
    • Up x 1