Found out how to get 60+ fps in large battles graphics fully maxed out PS2!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Oct 13, 2020.

1. NeonSonic

The trick use Xtreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) on your gaming/overclocker motherboard on your gaming ram (ram that is 4266mhz+ DDR4) example of a gaming mobo that can do it https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX/

Let me know if anyone knows any other tweaks for PS2 to have graphics fully maxed out and get even higher FPS!

Have a nice night!
  2. Liewec123

An extra hint, in this video you're running in windowed mode,
    running games in fullscreen is always better for performance than windowed mode. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. InexoraVC

Strange bs post about xmp...
    X. M. Ps are just preconfigured settings for overclocking stored as a profile. So your "solution" is "overclock your dram".
    I have a better solution: get a new rig!
    • Up x 2
  4. iller

I mean ever since that SOE Tech posted a big write up about the limitations with the Game's engine at least 5 years ago, we've KNOWN that the biggest bottleneck for the game has typically always been the level 2 and 3 Cache and the bandwidth therein to the Memory clocks. There's a way of Overclocking the FSB directly instead of just the CPU itself (which is what MOST people do using Applications) but that's CMOS stuff and that's really scary to a lot of casual players

But the good thing about it is that it's something that can done WITHOUT buying expensive hardware or Proprietary Gimmick applications like in this Video
    • Up x 1
  5. NeonSonic

My rig is fine also the X.M.P are perfect for RAM that gets downclocked to your CPUs preconfigured RAM speed that may be designed to run atleast twice as fast. Mine was downclocked to 2133mhz for the longest time when I didnt know about X.M.P when it was designed to run at 4266mhz+ so with the X.M.P on my mobo (the one i linked u all to) it easily ran 4266mhz+ and i got 20 - 30 FPS boost in large battles of PlanetSide 2 with shadows on Ultra and High for performance.

Have a nice day! :D
  6. NeonSonic

On the mobo I linked u too u just go into the mobo settings before boot its got a really nicely designed interface and u can easily run your gaming RAM at its intended speed by using X.M.P (Xtreme Memory Profile). In other words, at the click of a button you can go from 2133mhz RAM speed to 4266mhz+ ram speed if you bought the gaming ram that goes to 3200 - 4266mhz+ that comes in 16GB - 32GB configs. They only cost like 50 - 100 bucks (I recommend the 4266mhz+ ones) the 16GB versions of the 4266mhz+ DDR4 cost like 50 - 150 bucks now. That gaming mobo is 2017 with update to bios to 2018 it may be cheap to buy it now but its still really good. Had it for 3 years it never froze or crashed on me in the 3 years ive been using it.

By the way, what Mobo are you using?

Thank you all for the constructive feedback! :)
  7. ican'taim

disabling killspam does help with FPS in large fights btw.
  8. csvfr

Are you sure about that? Tried it, did not notice any difference. Ideally link to a video demonstrating that it works.
  9. AlcyoneSerene

It is known RAM speeds like many other things greatly impact game performance. XMP as others have said is preconfigured overclocking for that specific RAM and it is already set really high by default, saving you the need to experiment with a ton of values, memory stress test, and overall risk the longevity or stability of your system just to try to squeeze a little more.