Listened to the noobs/whiners

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gfoceRETURNS, Oct 12, 2020.

1. iller

I still haven't been hit by a single one of those things yet... and I'm like in the top 10 leaderboard for member activity in my Outfit which is the 2nd biggest + oldest Connery NC outfit in the game. Now I HAVE been hit by the new Havoc missiles and I have some sympathy for the people who are saying those are Imba and need damage or reload speed tweak. But I'll never understand how certain things in this game drop in or out of the Meta sometimes the way that they do. A lot of it just seems completely Irrational when compared to my actual experience of what's *effective* in-game

And Honestly guys (back on Topic) .... the biggest Enemy of the Liberator is NOT the skyguard or even the BursterMAX. It's actually any AP tanks who can AIM. Nothing kills a Lib faster (maybe other than a duo/trio of A2A/Wyrm ESF's). My Composit/Dalton Lib's fully certed, I FELT the difference in who's hitting me so many times. Dedicated Tank mains who know how to shoot back always were and always will be the inevitable downfall of even the best Lib crews
    • Up x 4
  2. Liewec123

I feel like everyone else here has already said everything i'd want to,
    But I do kinda find your "Lib is only good because i'm so f**king awesome" thing a tad bit hilarious.

I'm fine with my own lib thanks! It has ZephyrPX. /LibFlex!:cool:

It is, but no I didnt.
    I literally said that those libs won't do much.

I've FINALLY unlocked it! Was trolling around last night
    shouting "snowball fight!" Before bullying people with it XD
    If you're on Cobalt you might finally have the privilege of getting spammed with 250 damage, slowed and your DPS decreased XD
    Apparently it is temporary so imma spam the heck outta it while I can!
    It was such a pain in the butt to unlock!
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

It was Vets that asked for such a change, not noobs.

The whiners are the ones complaining now. You still have a substantially OP toy to suit your playstyle. Go enjoy...
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Interesting you concluded it was an overreaction when they are not yet in the game. We'll have the resources to get them soon.

Just wait. I'm gonna curbstomp with them until everyone howls for the nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. FieldMarshall

That is simply not true. They removed prefire from Starfire and Sparrow had a range nerf.
    Meanwhile they introduced the Vulture and the Galaxy Gunship to make farming noobs from the air easier.
  6. Foxassassin

I -still- have yet to be hit by either BEC or condensate grenades. Or I have and haven't even noticed. such a game breaking addition.

And I really wonder if most pilots understand the concept of hypocrisy.
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

*sigh*

They. Are. Not. In. The. Game. Yet.

Not enough campaign currency is currently available for players to purchase.

I'll make sure people know when they arrive :D
  8. Foxassassin

Excuse me? I just finished my entire campaign and I've got 2700 campaign standing. I've only completed three of the bonus missions for extra standing.

They are in the game, and they are obtainable.

I swear, the amount of mis-information and redirection here is absurd.
  9. Botji

See, now you are either lying, dont know what you are talking about or just massively skewing facts to fit your agenda and none of those reasons are a good reason for why anyone should listen to what you have to say.

Lancer does 1190 damage fully charged and within optimal range to a Liberator, far from 2/3 or 1/3 of a Liberators health.
    Sure, 1 AP round SHOULD make you run because it means a tank is able to shoot you... makes sense but even a Vanguard doesnt kill a Liberator with 2 AP rounds, even after the health nerf.
    • Up x 2
  10. Suien Reizo

If they were really listening air controls wouldn't be in the state they are that you basically need a coach to teach you.
    • Up x 1
  11. Foxassassin

Alright. I could've bought the BEC grenades a few days ago, but I decided to do it now to prove that "You can't get them" statement wrong. I bought the BEC grenades and spent two hours trying to use them. They're not good. As I said in another post, the reload speed and firerate debuff is hardly noticable. I tagged myself several times and slowed my thumper's reload and it didn't do much at all.

The damage is terrible, and almost non-existent if someone's using Flak armor or ordnance dampener, which in most large scale battles someone's going to be using. The Punisher's medic grenade cures the slow debuff.

The slow is only slightly noticable against enemy heavies with overshields up, or maxes. But it deals so low damage to maxes that they can just kill you and move as if nothing had happened.

They're not useless, and they can kill, but you'd be better off using any of the other grenade types, and the debuff is practically not noticable, and that's when it doesn't bug out. A fourth to a third of the shots glitched out and either did no damage but applied the chill, or damage and no chill.

The only reasonable thing I found out using these things that redeemed them for me, was hitting cloaked infiltrators with them outlines them in ice for a few seconds.
  12. Blue_Lion

Why does it seam the whiners about the liberator always bring up the crew size like that is a factor in how durable a vehicle should be.

If crew sized determined a vehicles durability then a lighting would be less durable than a flash, the flash and Main battle tanks would be the same durabilty. Harasser and liberator would be equally durable And a sundy would be the most durable ground vehicle.

A harasser has a crew of 3 has high dps but is a lot less durable than a liberator. Harasser constantly leave combat after only a few hits to avoid a quick death. It takes multiple skilled dedicated AA platforms to counter a tricked out liberator.

It is not that people think they should be insta-gibbed just that an air craft should not be more of a tank than a main battle tank. The change might mean you need to focus more on how to use your mobility to survive. In other words less easy mode to survive and more planning your air strikes.
    • Up x 4
  13. Blue_Lion

Actually looking at the video the skyguard did not hold still.
    The sky guard back up next to a building for over head cover (between 3-6 seconds) then when took a hit moved back and forth it was the lib that stopped moving to help the bomber aim at the moving tank. The sky guard also did a reload before shooting at the lib or taking a hit. (it just takes more than 1 full magazine to kill the lib.)

In other words the sky guard did every thing you claimed it did not do and lost while the liberator did nothing to increase it survival. Let me turn your question around on you why should AA not be a threat to liberator 1v1? (

(I have already pointed out how your statement about crew size is irrelevant to how durable something should be. so that is not the answer.)
    • Up x 1
  14. Botji

Depending on what side of the argument you are on, crew size is usually used to either say "Well its 2-3 people in the vehicle so it should be tanky to reflect that(same with damage etc etc) while the opposite side thinks that a vehicle with 2-3 people in it shouldnt both be "a flying veheicle with 2 of the seats having the highest damage weapons in the entire game + whatever tail gun shouldnt be as tanky as a MBT, have a free boost etc etc".

About those Harassers, I recently did some MATH and it turns out Harassers are actually tankier than Lightnings and almost on par with MBTs, at least when hit by tank shells.. and that part about Sunderers being the most durable ground vehicle?.. yeah, they kinda are. Lets say it this way, it takes 3 Vanguard AP shots, 4-5 Prowler AP shots and 3-4 Magrider AP to kill a Harasser(the shot difference is if the Harasser has comp armor or not) and it takes 3 Vanguard AP, 3-4 Prowler AP, and 3 Magrider AP to kill a Liberator.

As a comparison it takes 3-4 Vanguard AP, 4-6 Prowler AP and 3-5 Magrider AP to kill a non-Vanguard MBT(less shots to rear/side).

So there you have it, the insanity that is PS2 balancing, lightly armored dune buggies with insane speed and evasion are actually almost on par with MBTs in number of hits they can take from a tank gun. Halberd and such favors MBTs a bit more but just kinda pushes the same stupid air balance, you basically want another Harasser to kill a Harasser which is the same with air, you want aircraft to kill other aircraft because they are the best at it while arguably also the best at most other stuff.

It might seem that I am arguing against you but I do actually agree that even after the health nerf on Liberators ground AA is still lacking and Liberators are still hunting Skyguards for both free kills and to get rid of them so they can keep farming the other vehicles in the area, I just dont like having misinformation spreading around, especially when it involves something like the Harasser which also deserves a hit or two by the nerfbat, preferably a sizable reduction to its tank shell damage resistance so tanks dont take more damage per hit than a little dune buggy does.

As for the air discussion, it will never end because pilots and the devs that hold them so dear that they have formed the entire vehicle gameplay around that minority will never agree or want a change to it. They think its fine for any type of aircraft to have free kills when they come across ground vehicles without a 'effective' AA weapon to fire back with, not even considering that all AA weapons are by design made impotent because again, pilots are the only players that matters or something so there can be no counter weapons against them and if someone decides to sacrifice almost 50% of their ground DPS to put a AA turret on their MBT then all it is allowed to do is be a deterrent while ESF are allowed to fly around with the best AA weapon in the game(nosegun) and then tape on what is basically a tank primary gun as their secondary(Hornet)... purely for balance reasons ofc.

Its honestly disgusting how many perks and freebies aircraft get if you start listing them all and comparing with the hoops and penalties any ground vehicle gets if they even have the sinful though of wanting to fight back.

A pilot once had a gem of wisdom I wish I made a quote from but it went kinda like this:
    "If you want to fight aircraft its only fair that you have to come up here and fight me on equal terms!"

I doubt he ever thought that its exactly that I have been wanting since PS2 beta came, only that it was equal for aircraft too. If they want to fight ground vehicles its only fair that you have to come down here and fight me on equal terms, I said as much but as is common with people with Pilotitis(its a devious illness that affects the mind), he couldnt see how that would be fair because he wanted to fly aircraft, not drive tanks... and again the irony is just perfect. Same my dude, same, I just want to drive tanks, not fly aircraft and fight aircraft but that was also lost in the fog of Pilotitis.

Some, like OP here thinks their success in the air means they are just that much better than everyone they have been ground pounding to death all these years so they deserve to win by default, not that their favorite vehicle and weapons are overtuned to the max and enjoys a dozen and two other perks and immunities to what a average tanker has to deal with constantly. As I said earlier, its kinda disgusting in many ways like how the devs have allowed this to go on for years and years.
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

haha. You dummy. You got baited by a post into buying the wrong one. Hold off for the grenade. The Thumper sucks and always will.

Dev meant them to give noobs a way to deal better with veteran point holders. The veteran point holders are just going to use them to eat breaches alive.
  16. Blue_Lion

(never did the math but yea harraser should be a lot less durable than light armor(lighting) and no where near as durable as a main battle tank)

But if the pilot comes to the ground they will find out what a insta gib really is. Well placed AT mines or c-4 can take a ground vehicle from full health to dead in less than 1 second regardless of crew size.

Wanting a air craft to have to not just tank dedicated AA fire but actually use skill do avoid hits like he claims the ground need to do, is not insta gib but a fighting chance.

Giving that the lib can kill dedicated AA in 6-7 seconds then the dedicated AA should not take over 11 seconds for the same dedicated AA to kill a Lib.
    • Up x 2
  17. Foxassassin

"Baited". Sure.

No. Someone got caught wrong and is trying to save face. The BEC grenades are so-so and the condensate grenades are worse in most cases.
  18. JibbaJabba

Here let me give you want you want, even though I wasn't talking to your little ***** *** anyway....

If you complete the entire campaign, and are fortunate enough to get completable mission drops you can earn enough to get one of the two new items.

There. Happy?

Now, if you aren't obtuse or pedantic and actually refer back to the context in which I made my original quote you'll see that:
    1. I wasn't even talking to you so maybe "C" your way out of the conversation.
    2. I am right in the context of the response I provided. The reason **the person I was responding to** isn't seeing them in the game is because they aren't there.

Now it's your turn to admit it. You got baited into buying the wrong item just to prove me wrong. HAHAHA!

Edit: And here's your original quote. :p
  19. Foxassassin

You quoted one of my comments. You were talking to me by replying.

"Not yet in the game". This was your first reply in this thread; You posted that yesterday. "Them", plural, you spoke for both items.

People could buy both the ice grenades from day one, they were in the shop, and I saw people talking about the BEC grenades on day three, as you get enough currency from the main line to get them without doing any sidequests. The condensate grenades wouldn't take too long to do, as each extra mission gives between 100-250 standing.

You keep saying "baited" but I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Even so, both of the grenades do the SAME THING. The condensate has a slightly larger radii, and a long fuse time.

You're trying real hard to make yourself look stupid.
  20. Zipr

My bad earlier I mentioned something about lock-on's that was slightly incorrect For a time it actually required a 3rd seat gunner (3 people in the tank) Here is a video: As you can prolly tell the Air was quite formidable an opponent Game also had a device called Soflam (I don't believe it was quite as effective) Points to be noted would be lock-on shells and the ability to designate or paint a target No more free rides sitting in the sky demolishing Sunderers Banshee/Hellfire pilots will need assistance before attempting any cleanup operations! While it will still happen obviously but at least w/ squad play it may be less often I would hope

Now yet another option could be such guns for the bomber aka Lib will not function requiring a dive with which at that time lock is permissible I never rarely play air Do the Lib pilots engage ESF w/ Daltons up that high?

I dunno unlike the OP I do enjoy the game It seems adding a role to MBT's could be a nice change MBT already having a nice counter called the Harasser (not to mention opposing tanks...) As far as Galaxy's I would think such painting to be more difficult requiring closer range and best kept to current efforts to defend against Matter of fact ya could even consider the use of a Galaxy (in the area) as a soflam jammer Bit of reason for folks to grab some air or at least more consideration for Heavies...
    • Up x 1