I can't believe it, you pulled it off Rogue Planet

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 5, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Rants aside, holy cow, you guys did it, you took a Planet like Esamir and taken the grind away, you made after 8 long years the game complete.

I am looking forward to what you can do with the other maps. Esamir seems to be the only place I want to fight at these days, good riddance to ridiculous Bio Labs that never rendered correct and caused all types of client hit detection bugs and horded the population. I am enjoying what bases that did get redesigned. So many magnificent changes with the Tech Base capture points and even a Golden Blast shield that is one way see through at Jaeger Fist, I keep hoping you'll get more spawn rooms aligned in such a fashion to reduce spawn camping. I am just tickled that the fights are more spread out, less camping and feel like organic battlefields in the Shattered warpgate.

I know the Campaign system still needs more work with missions and the game needs more fixes and optimizations, but the game finally has a focus.
    • Up x 4
  2. OldSchoolD

I agree with the totality.The work done with Esamir should continue with the other continents. Base turnover is faster and some elements from PSA have been salvaged like the storm and the scattered vehicles. The missions from the campaign can only improve. For a game this old it feels fresh, even though the servers are still showing their purpose. Lots of things remain to be improved and fixed but I am glad to see the game go from almost abandonware to something evolving again.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

They can branch out the other maps, maybe Amerish or Hossin with Volcanic activity, Hurricanes or Tsunamis and with Indar pretty obvious, Dust or Sand storms. I am excited with Wrel and his team of Rogue’s, haha!

1. Planet specific vehicles or weapons would be a nice touch that you can open only with campaigns.

2. A 3rd tactical implant slot for members only would be incentive.

3. Simple things in Campaign that are more compelling would have me pursue it more beyond just cosmetics. Consumables, stuff with charges or even a modification on a timer even if it was a simple bandolier belt that gave just 1 tick of extra ammo or a holster that allowed me to carry an additional sidearm for a 4th slot but the items of course would decay.
    • Up x 1
  4. iller

Totally got me
    was expecting sarcasm.

No, I don't have a really strong opinion, I just like reading salty posts and this update has provided a wealth of those in other places so, meh, it's alright I guess
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I still can't believe it either. They explicitly removed bases to force people into capture-the-continent gameplay, they designed a mechanic that targets and destroys the large-scale combat that PS2 is designed for and as mentioned the base turnover is even faster, meaning the job for defenders is once again thrown into the dirt and players are more encouraged to zerg and ghost cap. The update is designed to nuke the game into oblivion, and it's working as far as I can tell.

Trying this on other maps would really be a death-blow to the game. I'm all for improving it, they actually did look into making Esamir a better continent to play on. Their methods however were some of the most misguided and heavy-handed the game has seen. On top of that the new stuff they added is also badly designed, such as the campaigns that heavily favor the eastern warpgate or how it's more about farming players there. It's so hypocritical to see some people even cheer how "it's finally not like a Biolab farm!" while vehicles and aircraft farm infantry trying to complete campaigns with glee in a pure show of everything badly balanced that the Biolab people have been avoiding all this time.
    • Up x 4
  6. Z3r0Khan

"Taken the grinde away" are you playing the same game as the rest of us.If anything it introduced more grind with missions and campigns because of lack of proper rewards that alerts were giving.Plus most bases are still a2g and hesh haven.
    • Up x 4
  7. SteelMantis

My opinion is that the new Esamir is a good map, and the old Esamir was a good map. The original version before they started modifying it was also a good map.

There are only so many devs working on the game and there is a real opportunity cost to constantly changing existing maps. The work to make this version of Esamir probably could have been used to finish Oshur. The time it would take to do a similar update on the other three maps could be put into Searhus or taking another look at the Battle Islands.

I'm enjoying the new Esamir this week but personally I'd much rather increase our limited pool of maps instead of spending another year or two changing what are already good maps. Especially since the updated maps aren't really better once the shiny new side of them wears off.
  8. vonRichtschuetz

Only interesting area on Esamir is the shattered warpgate. The others don't play noteably different for me. Now if only it was playable during primetime without the risk of sitting in a queue first and having the wrong warpgate.