Memory sound leak

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 2, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Overtime you get to a point with sound you either can’t hear your weapons fire or your enemies weapons fire. Please fix.
    • Up x 2
  2. DrostenVS

For me, it happened after I joined a platoon that had members using voice chat. I couldn't hear some of them well enough, so I turned up their voice volumes and then noticed that I was having muted sound even after people stopped talking.

I don't know if changing those settings was at all related though. I play pretty long sessions and that was the only time that I encountered it.
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

I actually have that shutoff completely, mainly because of players who spam way to much over voice comms.

I use Discord for Outfit members only.
    • Up x 1
  4. HeptagonRus

Yeah, happens for me when playsession lasts for like 6+ hours
  5. HeptagonRus

Also it may be that SWG area produces this bug faster, because lot of ambient sounds there.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

It’s been a bug that has plagued this game from the beginning, I know it’s not my PC, because every new PC I have owned over the last 8 years, it continues. I’ve tried it all to solve the sound, better motherboards, new headsets, external DACs, soundcards. It’s definitely the digital signal coming from the game that get’s corrupted. Doesn’t matter if I played 30 minutes or 11 hours, it randomly hits.
  7. DrostenVS

I only started having it this year, but it had been a couple years since I played last. I used to play for at least as long as I do now without issue, but I've since upgraded to Windows 10 and my old headset died so I'm just using some headphones without a mic.

I am using Windows Sonic for spatial sound for the first time because it helps a little bit (my old headset gave me way better spatial awareness than this though), but if you've had the problem for 8 years I could probably rule that out as a possible cause for me.

I turned voice off completely the first time that it happened, but it's still persisting.
  8. OneShadowWarrior

I tried everything to resolve the sound, USB, Analog, optical, soundcard, this is my 3rd PC over the last 10 years, so I know it’s not the PC. I tried different speakers all with there own DACs or pre amps.

So recently I got a complete DAC/AMP taken outside the PC completely by JDS labs known as the Element 2. It appears the sound issues so far have cleared up.

Something in PS is either undervolting/overvolting or overheating standard DACs.