Missions and Campaign are stupid

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by netBattler, Oct 3, 2020.

1. netBattler

I like the idea - but the fact that enemies always camp mission objectives requires that a faction bring a base-taking force just to get the missions done. This is not "low commitment;" this is very high commitment and not what I was expecting for such little reward.
    • Up x 7
  2. iller

I dunno... I've always looked at MMORPG's with the phrase in mind: "You don't HAVE to get everything the instant it's in-play"

Infact that's probably the quickest way to make yourself burn out or hate every second you're spending in it.
    Now depending on your faction ... if you're T.R. for instance, then there really is a serious over-arching social metrics DESIGN problem that's going to continue to deprive you of an equal opportunity for that stuff. And the Devs have never admitted that or addressed it. But eventually even half a Squad should be able to complete all of these objectives on a regular basis once everyone's FOMO passes
  3. UltimaRecon

In the c
    In the case of the campaign, you do have a time limit in which to complete these mission. Everyone trying to all do that at once slows everyone down. But thats going to be continuous since you got like a month to do it and everyone consistently getting in each other way. Now if the campaign did not have a time limit on it, this would be a very different situation of just wait until things die down.
    • Up x 2
  4. Alanthier

impossible to do campaign stuff because camping jerks always killing people who just want to get the campaign stuff over with. Campaign should have been its own instance.
    • Up x 1
  5. Twin Suns

Right now it provides the best salt. :)

Hard Vets who don't have a sub are paying hard earned certs to complete those missions. Getting taken, then failing into a supernova of rage.
  6. Blam320

It's a shared-world PvP game and these people also need to complete campaign objectives. Get used to it. Gather some friends and try to break the siege. It's even mentioned in the lore for the campaign that the three Empires are still fighting each other over tech and data left behind from the "Shattering" that they could use against each other.
  7. FLHuk

Did not know there was a time limit to the campaign, ty.

Now even less arsed to go anywhere near it!
  8. Foxassassin

And that's when the missions aren't bugging out. My "kill X enemies near the SWGZ" isn't working at all, I even killed someone that was trying to scale the warpgate and nothing.

Then I tried to do the "Upload virus into contested base" mission yesterday. That was a seethingly agrivating ordeal.

Took the mission and made me go to a base right outside of the warpgate, then pointed me to VS, drove for about a minute before it switched to TR. Started driving to it, then it switched back to VS at a different base. Then back to TR. It finally stayed there, but the moment I got to the base I got swarmed by ten people or so and lost the data chip.

I've tried to be patient with the campaign and missions, but every time I try doing them I end up getting more and more frustrated. And playing the 'normal' game is just as chaotic. So many people are also doing Campaigns and missions that other continents or even fights on Esamir end up lop-sided or just pointless.
  9. JibbaJabba

The word is "Frustrating".

Need to extract that data but the enemy has literally build dual pain spires on it. Frustrating.
    Making stupid user mistakes in the UI (not accepting a mission, not scrolling, having wrong thing pinned). Frustrating.
    Have to hack some vehicle but it's camped. Frustrating.
    Get it on the 5th try, get blown up trying to get it back out. Frustrating.
    Having some vehicles that hack but others that dont? Frustrating.
    Having to put an item in a storm that is not there? Frustrating.
    Being sent to an enemy Biolab that they don't actually have? Frustrating.
    Being sent to a continent that is locked? Frustrating.
    Finally getting through but your faction has the crap rotation location? Frustrating.

I can go on and on and on.

The game encourages toxicity and leverages this as a "challenge" in your PvE mission.

And this Plant thing. This is the most tilting **** I have ever seen come out of planetside. I know the goal is to get people in the zone for some reason. But some sick twisted sadistic crap like this is the wrong reason. What a FRUSTRATING way to run a game.

I cannot wait for the frustration to end. Be that completing this stupid BS, or them patching it so that it's not frustrating any longer. I look forward to that. Once the red clears from my vision I might find I like some of the update. :D
    • Up x 3
  10. netBattler

I finally got to the plant collecting mission only to find out that a lot of the plants, if not most, spawn inside trees and rocks. Wtf?
  11. Arpheus

• Up x 2