Solution for the unhappy.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Oct 5, 2020.

1. icufos

First thoughts.
    Had a great time playing on Esamir last night.
    I love the new update. Terrific.
    However there's a fair few players on this forum who seem unhappy.

Suggestion.
    Have always paid attention to everyone in life.
    You have to listen. It's only polite.
    So I hope a compromise can be reached for the unhappy ones.

Maybe condescending.
    Wrel, the Devs only want to please as many as possible.
    It would not make sense otherwise.
    It's their business.

Shock horror.
    I am shock and horrified by the unhappy ones here.
    Specially as I think it's all wonderful and is what I would have done myself.

Discovery.
    Have discovered the 'medic' due to this update through doing the missions.
    Usually just go steaming in as 'light' or 'heavy'.
    Discovered the MG-A1 Arbalest...which is my favorite now..

Think the whole thing is a great way to train new players.

Oh, the Solution.
    Well, what I did when worked was to get all the unhappy together in one room..
    no, not going to..

Give them a platform to speak.
    Obviously I'd usually get them drunk so they'd be more mallaeble to my evil ways.:rolleyes:

Zoom.
    So why not arrange a zoom meeting.
    Something of that nature where everyone can air their views and have a voice.
    Yes, they'd probably all start argueing amongst themselves but that's all part of the experience.

Finale.
    Simply give the players a platform where they can talk live to the devs in a kind of group meet thing.
    Face to face. Not Reddit, not forums, not email, not youtube. Face to face, live.
    Have they done this already...I just don't know...if so, forgive me for wasting your time.:oops:

K, armour on. MG-A1 Arbalest at the ready.
  2. Demigan

Yes, some players enjoyed the update. It was aimed at them from the start. Unfortunately much of what the devs did wasn't to make the update fun for you, but by taking away the fun for others and force them into your "fun".

• A lot of solid bases trashed or outright deleted.
    • While making Esamir more equal in terms of warpgate placement they decided to also make the new objectives system (sorry, "campaign") favor the eastern warpgate.
    • Outright destroying the biggest fight of the continent through a storm, a mechanic designed to quite literally delete all spawn abilities of the players there amongst other things (a feature that as far as I know wasn't added until later in the development cycle after people already complained about the removal of shields and deactivation of all local vehicles).
    • More rewards for zerging (by destroying the biggest fight on the continent you have to capture it fast if there's lots of players).
    The thing is, much of your fun did not at any point have to be at the cost of the fun of the others. Not only that they could have added rewards and incentives for players to come out of the 24/7 stalemates. We know players want it, that is why so many people came out for the Escalation update that promised teamwork and a larger scope to the game, but we also know that right now the system isn't as people want as all those players that came back for the Escalation update either left or joined the 24/7 stalemate fights as those were more enjoyable than the main game.
    So why not do exactly that?
    Stop removing the things people love right now to force people into the playstyle you want. Start making it fun.
    • Up x 2
  3. InexoraVC

I think the update is nice. It brings a new feelings and a new gameflow.
    Forest fights are great if you are bored of endless capture-defend sequence.
    The Storm gives you a new dimenstion for air fights. It is very fun to force enemy Liberator to get into the Storm and then to see how it falls.
    New mission system allows you to easily get a new weapons (useless for veterans but fun).
    XP and Nanites multiplier allows you easily get a lot of certs to upgrade everything you need and everything you don't need.
    And remember - you don't have to play Campaign or Missions.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zagareth

Many people are grown into this game - either playing PS1 right from the start and still in PS2 (like me) or they started with PS2.
    At this time it was a pure MMOFPS game with massive tactical abilities (especially PS1)
    Unfortunately it changed in the last years to something more and more into a MMORPG with all the useless stuff
    • PMBases, that are only Paper Made Bases needs to be build with collected resources over 15-60 minutes, that cant even withstand 1 or 2 MBTs, which kill this within a few minutes, not to mention a Bastion
    • OS spam everywhere
    • unkillable Bastions from the ground (when you ain't in an outfit), that have to be build from collected resources
    • other things where you have to collect resources for (and ONLY available for outfits)
    • tactical slot for infantry, ONLY stuff available for outfit members
    • All the useless stuff, that you have to grind during missions or directives or whatever BS this is...
    • Other useless guns, that are buyable only with a horrend amount of money (RL money), which are only black or golden in color, nothing else...
    With the original PSs (PS1 and 2) you could get EVERYTHING by just playing the game as it was intended to play: Just kill toons and vehicles of the other faction.
    Now, you have to make a grindfest for all the items you wanna get, like every other MMO on the market and the worst thing is: you don't even need them, because even a lvl 1 toon with stock stuff could be better than a lvl 200 toon with all things available - so what are we grinding for, if we don't get better items, than the already available stock items?
    And THIS is the direction the game has been and will be developed, that I don't like.