collecting plants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Morganoutox, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Morganoutox

Look, i really try to get in that campaign, i want to give it a try.
    BUT THIS MISSION MUST BE PATCHED! this is a total pain in the ***, i spent 4 hours trying to get those plants fighting against bugs and sillyness of the quest.
    i mean whats the point of implementing new a gameplay if there's no game? totally frustrating, have devs just tested the new features before releasing the patch?
    i heard tht some more collections are to be done in later missions, i shall give up if no updates come quickly.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zagareth

collecting plants as a mission? WTF!!?? Is this a biology study course or a MMOFPS game?
    • Up x 1
  3. oOHansOo

I maneged to catch Wrel in a twitch stream yesterday and asked about the underground plants.
    He said they hope to have a patch sometimes during the next week.
  4. Liewec123

yeah i've played the whole day and have came across 3 plants that weren't underground and ungrabbable.
    so 3 out of 50 from about 8 hours of play.

i've completed the rest of the campaign that i'm allowed to up to "insulation" but it seems like now i'm getting progression blocked by this impossible 50 plant mission.
  5. Liewec123

edit just found out that the mission needs to be done TWICE, so i need 100 of the things that i found 3 of today...
    yeah this needs to be patched out.
    the rest of the campaign was either fine, or dare i say good, but this plant thing is ridiculous.
  6. Johannes Kaiser

They do, however, count for you if anther player of your faction finds one in your vicinity. So just go with a bunch of other people and hope for the best. The mission is still very much crap (ample opportunity for botanist jokes aside), but this makes them a tad faster.
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

the first 50?

Because there's a second mission that asks you to collect 50 more.

I'm glad I finished, but collecting 100 plants was an ultra pain, of the whole campaign, it's what took me the longest.
  8. Twin Suns

Botanists? You give them too much credit, it's more like Witch Doctors. :)
  9. Zagareth

I'm glad that I give a damn about any kind of grind in PS - the good one is, that you are still able to ignore that stuff - and the reward is what? The godhammer of doom, that can kill a Bastion in one hit? No?, then skip the whole **** and keep killing toons as usual...
    • Up x 1