I'll probably quit when the condensate grenade releases.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Sep 30, 2020.

1. JibbaJabba

Holding judgement until I see how much mess Live turns into.

But just fair warning. I don't dig this idea at all. I find any "messing with" another players motion, weapon performance, and the like to be very frustrating. It's not just "not fun" it's actually UN-fun.

These things can induce an almost claustrophobia like physical reaction for me. I am involuntarily repulsed by this.

If you disagree, feel free to wax poetic but don't count on me to listen. This bothers me and right now I'm just deciding if it bothers me enough to move on to the rest of my game "reading list" that is waiting on me.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

i don´t even understand what´s going on ...
    • Up x 1
  3. Turn5ignal

Yeah what are you talking about? What does the condensate grenade do?
  4. ican'taim

Good news, there's no mention of BEC ammo or the condensate grenade in the patch notes so you're safe.
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

Yes! I noticed this.

Hopefully it won't be snuck in there. I get shudders thinking about it. Really worried it would be a deal breaker for me after all these years.
    • Up x 2
  6. JustGotSuspended

yeah i'm guessing you didn't notice its in the sanctuary

where you spend merit click on the flash and you can buy both

again, community feedback was listened to, they removed that cancer from the patch notes, but stuck it in quietly, how fun!
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

This is ******* ********
    • Up x 2
  8. Liewec123

Condensation grenade:
    [IMG]

Its Wrel, what did you expect? XD
    Did anyone actually think he'd listen to the players?
    Ofcourse he added it!
    He just didn't put it in the patch notes and hoped we wouldn't notice lol
    • Up x 3
  9. ican'taim

10. Liewec123

yeah i'm sad about that, been grinding the campaign hard, eager to troll people!
    all the hard work to troll and its only gonna be temporary!
    though i know it'll make a lot of people very happy that it'll be gone XD

personally i think they should have either obeyed the masses and not added it,
    or ignore the masses and add it (as they did) but keep it after the long arduous grind it takes to get it!
    this is the weird middle ground were everyone is disappointed :p
    • Up x 3
  11. Foxassassin

Which is EXTREMELY frustrating. People making a big fuss over something that's just hysteria. I've associated it to the Tranquility several times already, and the backlash against that gun.

It didn't ruin the game, and neither would've the ice weaponry. All this is going to do is segue into them getting more comfortable with the idea of limited time equipment.

"Here have the Seigebreaker/Paladin/Aurora but only for three months".... Calling it now. Or the old PS1 FAV's. The Marauder/Thresher/Enforcer and/or Deliverers....

Ugh... Now I'm getting worked up over 'what-ifs' because of the likely possiblity of it happening...
  12. Liewec123

I don't think it's just hysteria, a 20% decrease in damage and movement speed is a big deal,
    especially as a spammable AoE
    imagine trying to get through a doorway when the team inside have 1-2 people
    spamming the nade launcher version at the entrance,
    not only are you and your allies going to be slow easy targets as you enter,
    but you probably won't kill anyone either due to the dmg decrease.

But making something temporary that takes days upon days of annoying grinding to acquire is a bad move.
    They should either add it or not add it! ;)
  13. Foxassassin

No. It's absolutely hysteria. The Tranquility and by extention concussion greandes as it uses a modified status of it, has a more potent slow, and can be done at range, and can actually kill.

The Condensate grenades are just as limited as any other grenades. One. Unless you're running bandolier, which drastically reduces direct combat preformance. AND can only be equip on heavy. For rushing rooms and defending, Concussion or flashbangs will be significantly more impactful than a minor slow and dps drop

The BEC grenades have a small radius, require line of sight, slow fire rate and long reload, ontop of (unless they're ASP) loosing out on most combat performance, and also has a high risk of backfiring and hitting their own team with the grenades.

People see that "20%" modifier and jump to absolutes where in reality it hardly changes anything. That they see the all-mighty DPS drop by a fraction and loose their minds. In a scenario where you're rushing a defended room, it's going to be a meatgrinder anyway, and if it's -that- defended, your chance of rushing it by sheer force is almost pointless unless you over-pop them that much. The cold weapons would have such a negligable impact that you'd be better off using explosives or better grenades like the aforementioned Flash/concussion.

And above all. A slight damage and debuff? How is that worse than what the Thumper's other ammo, especially the fire and EMP rounds or the Lasher all of which can kill you outright without having to worry about "Did that debuff actually do anything?".
  14. SirPanfried