Construction bases are using too much cortium.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Jun 17, 2018.

1. HaxMax

I think EVERY construction module should use between 0 and 1 cortium per second.
  2. JibbaJabba

You've got at least 7 duplicates of everything in there. It's absolutely expected if you build something this big you are going to have to defend it and resupply it.... full time.
  3. Zipr

Have to agree w/ JibbaJabba Times seem reasonable Especially when a whole squad is working on a base Matter of fact Since it seems like something that potentially can inhibit fun for others Required time (efforts of building a counter) for destruction Such bases should have failures on occasion (modules go up in smoke etc.) requiring upkeep which might even include a delay for rebuilding in that specific area Mishap/Cleanup simulation
  4. Shadowdev

It's bad enough they've nerfed all the base assets, you can kill a base in minutes and the silo just eats cortium like it's going out of style.
    • Up x 1
  5. Thalestr

They consume way too much Cortium and are way too vulnerable. Building them can be fun, using the assets within can be fun, but babysitting them constantly? Not so much.
  6. iller

Your exact word was "a city" .. so I posted a city

Actual applied use in game and experience says otherwise.
    It's easy for people who don't do this on scale to Guestimate...
    ...(while Soloing safely behind any real confrontation) that it "feels right".
    But that's *not* where the Hard Math on it currently resides

But to reiterate... It's not that the Drain is completely unreasonable, it's that the actual distribution of Cortium on the GEOGRAPHICAL design is not consistent and substantial enough to support this currently punitive level of Drain/Consumption
  7. Zipr

iller I'm not saying you have not had a different experience and/or implying bull about much of anything In my personal experience if I place a silo, pain sphere,router, and a few modules @ the last base taken It seems to last sufficiently enough to be more concerned about considering making a new base (Closer to the Fight) IF I think or care to help build a large "relevant" base it requires some attentive actions least of which is cortium acquisition unless base failure is quite imminent Is it possible Emerald TR are more friendly with helping to full silos Quite reasonable to assume because I sometimes have been quite quick to use as much as possible so there is room to add Pulling air nonstop etc. Overall tho I'm not quick to always enjoy all the extra points available in destroying a base SHOCKER I sometimes care to quickly move from one base to the next in order to get back to actual fighting that is overall more rewarding ie. Base that says captured by Points towards objectives Kills Something which most of TR can contribute towards either directly or even indirectly There may be ten ways to dismantle a player base None of which may be all that helpful to the other except perhaps a Sundy and his Max w/ pounders Trust me he may catch hell getting ammo dropped while watching lt assaults and heavies running around (IMHO) I have seen some bases take way too long Is it because some players in tanks is farming folks... Do I think such player made bases require buffs (Cortium-wise or other)? Seems odd considering the amount of time I sometimes see wasted on a somewhat properly built base that is defended Maybe you can be more specific? Are you encountering issues related to judging the success or failure of ones faction Planning and execution taking so long that repositioning seems unbearable Mind say this is a good spot so I must build here Apologies if I appear uncaring and/or ignant Is the only problem failing to find a 35K node resulting in a doomed onslaught How many Silos nearby when you are seeing issue What would you like to see IF any changes are implemented Additional restrictions on Silo placement perhaps limiting the amount of routers available What trade offs would you be willing to make? I will be honest sometimes it seems the more silos the more cortium available Now whether that is true or not I have no clue
  8. Zipr

Let me ask this... Does anyone really see issue accumulating what 6-8K to use a Flail gun on another player made base I actually know some folks who tend to build bases I will most likely find out some cold facts soon Right now tho some seem upset/perturbed that they find its more/extra to place an unneeded at the time flail gun/OS etc. Oblivious to restrictions it also places on any other players Silo No promises but I do hope to learn more soon!
  9. Blue_Lion

Having to drive all over to find resource take it back to the base then go out again and look can be time consuming and dull. A high upkeep cost can make it feel like grinding for the sake of grinding. Typical use in my guild is a router hub, that means you have to restock it more to spawn air craft to fly a crossed the map to place a router. As you are typically alone when restocking your silo, having that harasser find you in the middle of nowhere is a death sentence that often happens once you finally filled up your ant.

Having together resources to do the fun part of building make sense. But I do not see how a upkeep drain adds to the fun factor.

Really what does the upkeep cost add to the game?

-If there was not a limit on how many of X you could place or how far you can build lasting structures from your silo it would make sense as a balance.
  10. Johannes Kaiser

When posting a wall of text, please use punctuation.
  11. Zipr

np I need you to consider placing me on ignore! I do hope you consider treating Foreigners and those less edumacated with respect IRL
  12. Zipr

What would you like to see IF any changes are implemented?

What trade offs would you be willing to make?

Critiques are both easy and not very time consuming.... List suggestions OR Quote good posts!
  13. Johannes Kaiser

1) No disrespect intended, it was a simple request for readability.
    2) Punctuation is actually very simple and literally everyone else does it. It is probably the easiest and most universal grammatical rule. I mean, you DO start every new sentence with a capital letter, so you obviously know when the previous one ended. Add to that, you used the exclamation mark correctly. In general your English isn't that bad, I really struggle to believe you are simply forgetting to set points. If your keyboard has no key for it (I'd assume such things exist on this wide planet) then why not say it that way?
    3) Why so aggressive?
  14. Zipr

My apologies if it appeared I cared to discuss or share anything further...