[Suggestion] A few changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bors, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Bors

There are ideas for some implants

"ISO4 Converter" - given out free of charge as an implant to all players and has a standard scheme with five levels:
    level 1 - converts 1000 xp to 1 ISO4 point but certs cannot be earned
    level 2 - 750 xp = 1 ISO4 but certs cannot be earned
    level 3 - 500 xp = 1 ISO4 but certs cannot be earned
    level 4 - 250 xp = 1 ISO4 but certs cannot be earned
    level 5 - 250 xp = 1 ISO4 and 1 cert point
    This will close the weak points of the current implant system.

Fix for Minor Cloak when playing with infiltrator:
    The use of this implant changes the operating mode of the active cloak (does not apply to the stalker): being invisible when remain stationary, the invisibility charge stops decreasing but does not recover.

Another interesting implant
    "Scavenger" - allows you to pick up enemy equipment, using which the player does not have any progress (no certs, no directives and so on). For the looting process developers will have to make a simple menu.
    level 1 - you can pick up medical and restoration kits
    level 2 - you can pick up utility allowed for your class
    level 3 - you can pick up a secondary weapon
    level 4 - you can pick up the primary weapon allowed for your class
    level 5 - you can pick up grenades allowed for your class
    It will bring the game balance to the next level.

About Alerts
    Add a subspecies of Alert to the game: exclude several hexes from the map (no possibility of capture), each time forming different configurations of the combat zone. You can experiment by changing the shape of the map to a circle or a shamrock for example. This will allow players to look at the studied terrain from a new angle and greatly transform the way of battles.

About harmful allies
    In other games, after death at the hands of an ally, you are often offered several options for revenge. Accidents are not considered. Let's say he intentionally kills you three times in one minute. In this case, the game may offer you a button, when pressed, which will kill the offender with a lightning bolt.

What do you think? This is my first post here :)
  2. Johannes Kaiser

The ISO Converter sounds interesting, but fact is that players will need both Certs and ISO to get ahead. So especially for new players who want to get some implants upgraded and hence equip the converter this will hamstring them immensely, as they absolutely rely on the Certs to get the normal upgrades. This will most likely end up in them enjoying the game less because they will feel underpowered.

The Scavenger might be helpful for people who want to test out certain weapons of other factions but don't have a high level character there. I am a bit surprised you didn't include one mag of ammo for primary and secondary (up to cap, obviously) on level 1. But the problem is that when picking up consumables you take something from the enemy that cost them nanites, and then use them yourself without spending enything. So they not only get killed, but also robbed of their resources without getting to use the item they bought with it. I will go ahead and assume that one could only pick up items that way when being below capacity (say, get 2 medkits when down to 2/4, or replace the current grenade with a looted one). But even then, imagine a skilled and lucky LA who kills some hostile LAs on a roof then drops all that C4 down without actually spending anything, while his enemies will not be able to bring big guns for the forseeable future because their resources got dried up if that happens more than once.
    Since many people would use this - either to actually test out new stuff, to refill consumables or just to steal resources from other people - that would mean that every single death could potentially end up with deleting whatever Nanites you have in consumables.
  3. Bors

ISO Converter at lvl 5 give you ability to earn both of resources (ISO and certs). You just need a little patience to upgrade it.

I agree that Scavenger can be an OP with some skill. To balance this we need to add some penalties or limits. Most simple solution is make the thief pay for restocking 150% resources price. Let's say you killed LA, took his two C4 and paid 225 nanites for them, the owner will not lose resources. Sounds stupid but I can't think of anything else yet. I believe that creative people work in RPG and they can polish it to perfection :)

Perhaps it is worth adding an explanation that you are using a certain portable 3D printer to copy his equipment. Something like that. You also mentioned replenishing the ammunition with one clip at the first level of the implant. Good idea.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bors

... Like you get +1 primary weapon clip, +1 secondary weapon clip and +1 tool unit (may depend on the match of your equipment types) automatically when you exit the loot menu. If you take weapons from defeated enemy you get his ammunition at the time of death and you can refill it from the engi ammo boxes or with implants replenishing ammunition. You can use it freely until you die or if you use weapons terminal you also lose what you collected. This is how I see it.

Also i forgot to add a grenades/tools at lvl 5 (mainly refers to rocket launchers)
  5. Johannes Kaiser

I did see that, but at the point when you have the implant (at random, most likely, and out of Cert-boxes) and then upgrade it to maximum, the people who need it most will not have acces to it. A new player would have to spend tons of Certs to get Scavenger in the first place, and then forfeit Certs to upgrade it.
    As someone who has played a long time but has neither every single thing certed nor all implants maxed, I'd be very happy abou such an implant, no question. But the people who would need it most for an early boost to equipment can't use it because of how implants work in this game.
  6. Bors

So how you want it? Suggest your vision:)

Also maybe let the scavenger owner have a 50% of default xp from kill's to stimulate the use of the implant?
    Your equipment - full xp;
    Someone else's equipment - half of default xp amount.
  7. Johannes Kaiser

For Scavenger my idea would be that from every enemy corpse (killed by you) you automatically refill one mag of ammo for primary and secondary on T1 upon moving to the corpse. From then as follows:
    T2: Can also loot grenades and medkits/restokits at 200% the normal nanite price, up to the maximum of your loadout. This makes it an easy restock option, but also expensive, so you'd only do it when really needed. Now, thanks to the nanites and how that works, you can get exactly YOUR type of equipped grenade and kit, no matter what the dead enemy had. It's refill only, not a partial loadout change.
    T3: Allows looting C4 and mines (provided your current loadout has it equipped already, see above). Cost reduced to 175%.
    T4: Allows to pick up knife and secondary weapon specific to the slain opponent, as long as it is of a type your current class can handle (including ASP permissions for primaries in the secondary slot). This will discard your current weapons in those slots. Restock cost reduced to 150%.
    T5: Allows picking up the primary weapon to the same conditions as above. Restock cost reduced to 125%.
    Your idea of attaching an increased cost was really good and I hope I worked that in to your approval.

For the converter I just see no way of making it work properly without revamping the entire implant system or make it a reverse-implant. As in, you get it at T5 when creating the character, and it is by default included in all your loadouts, but you can remove it and there is a tutorial popup in the loadout screen educating about what the implant does and how to remove it if desired. When you reach BR 30, it drops to T4. At BR 50, it becomes T3. At BR 65 T4, at 80 T1. At BR 100 it goes *poof* with no means of recovery. Also the tiers would work slightly different:
    T5: For every Cert earned by XP you also get one ISO. This hence excludes stuff like rank-up-bonuses and alert rewards.
    T4: For every 5 Certs you gain 1 ISO.
    T3: For every 10 Certs you gain 1 ISO.
    T2: For every 20 Certs you gain 1 ISO.
    T1: For every 25 Certs you gain 1 ISO.
    This would mean you'd get a pretty stong start to get the basics geared up relatively quickly, with diminishing returns over time the less you'd have to depend on it. And since it will fill up an implant slot, there is always the consideration when to use it and when not, as other implants of (thanks to this one) high tier will be more important/interesting.
    What could be done is then add another implant that is only available from BR 100 onwards, that functions exactly like the idea in the OP, as Certs will still be a factor, but not nearly as important.
  8. Bors

Non-standard approach. I would not have thought of this:) If the total amount of xp obtained for 100 ranks is known, then one can even calculate the amount of ISO4 that can be earned by 100 BR. And then estimate how many implants this will be enough.

Scavenger at T5 with 125% nanite cost is too spammable. Frag grenades x4 * 50 * 1.25 = 250. With full 750 resources you can throw 12 grenades in a short period of time. Too powerful in my opinion.
  9. Johannes Kaiser

Yeah, you're right. So stick to 200% and only broaden the options as tiers to up?
    • Up x 1
  10. Bors

11. JustGotSuspended

It's not bad, but we would need to see at least a third implant slot available for this idea to work. People need both certs and iso to progress, and it's not really fair to ask them to sacrifice an implant slot for something that should come naturally with the game. Same with the scavenging implant, it's not something bad, but it's not worth sacrificing an implant slot for something so...situational, or that seems like it should be a built-in game mechanic.

Aside from that, I'm still waiting for wrel to tweak the exceptionals crafting price like he promised. 45k is a bit much.
  12. Bors

So this is not quite the usual implants. It cAn Be a bOOsters boUGHt fOr MeRit!!! The brilliant idea :D
    Lets say x1 "ISO4 Converter" for 2 hours with 1000 merit cost
    And x1 "Scavenger" for 2 hours with 500 merit cost
    • Up x 1