[Suggestion] An idea for a TRUE fourth faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PvtChungle, Sep 10, 2020.

1. PvtChungle

Here's an idea for a true fourth faction. A faction of druids.

They could be a militia of radical nature lovers that hate the wars on Auraxis due to how they harm the planet.

They would use some sort of biological armor like super hardened naturally occurring wood material and weapons that are apart of their armor. They could fire green spikes/needles/thorns from these bioguns and for heavy weaponry globes of poisonous liquid could be fired from biocannons that deal half of their damage over time instead of upfront explosive damage.

Their fighters could be giant flying insects that spit/fire acid or spikes and their MBT could be a giant scorpion that instead of a stinger has a big cannon that shoots bolts of acid balls, and the passenger could be another scorpion rider ontop firing weapons tied to the beast in the same front-facing cone as the Flash with it's weapons.

Their colors would be brown and green since, y'know nature and such.
    • Up x 1
  2. InexoraVC

Discussed today @ Miller: PS2 needs a boomerang with sharp sparkling blades and a pure crossbow. Crossbow rechamber time depends on total number of kills made with that crossbow
    :)
  3. Demigan

But what about the Crab people? Shouldn't we add them first? They attack using mostly melee weapons through augmented scissors and all their vehicles drive sideways.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. InexoraVC

Great idea!
    PS2 needs Crab People faction. Squad & Platoon leaders of this faction would be a druids equipped with a boomerang, a crossbow, an alcohol and a zerg lair emitter.
  5. Blam320

You'd need to completely and utterly rework all four maps entirely to support four factions. Plus, I just don't see the necessity. I'll pass.
  6. Badman76

I would like to see a faction controlled by the ai that maybe the 3 other factions could work together to destroy. Maybe a swam creature, something like xeno's or arachnids
  7. Demigan

Well if you had like a couple of million and 3 entire triple-A devteams they might be able to do half of that without making the game a slide-show in a year or two. Its not as if AI is the most difficult thing to implement if you build the game from the ground up to contain it, so adding this on a game several years old without any real AI in it should be easy! Just fit the entire movement grid, knowledge on how to use gravlifts and jumppads, knowledge of cover, enemy placement, predicting movement of themselves compared to allies and enemies, dodging fire etc into the game without bringing the already stressed servers to their knees! Easy! Oh I forgot to mention you just have to take much of the current engine apart, toss 90% of what you took apart aside and then build the AI system with everything you cut from scratch on the remainder!

Its easier to make PS3 with extremely limited AI elements, like a small drone that follows the player and does the most basic stuff, than it is to add a fully functioning AI system to PS2.
  8. Badman76

Calm down, i was only suggesting what i'd like to see added to the game IF another faction was to be added. I know this won't happen though

Its not on my 'things i'd like to add/change to the game' list though

It would be fun though lore wise if there was a faction of creatures though
  9. Demigan

I'm just pointing out that the beaten-to-death idea of any type of AI in PS2 is doomed to fail from the outset, or that the necessary resources are so immense you might as well build an entirely new game.