Is it just me or is Cortium Bomb broken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonic, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Dragonic

im a dedicated base building player sense day 1 who was sad to see the hive go, then the buildings being able to be killed even if there is a repair module on them and was disappointed when repair sunders couldn't repair turrets when they are already squishy as it is. now this bomb... THIS Cortium bomb.. it has become practically useless to build a base solo in attempt to help your team without having a half a squad with you listening for the beep. cant even rely on the alarm module anymore. all they have to do is cloak through the base and plant the bomb and by the time you redeploy to defend your base half of your things is gone cause of one single bomb. and when i AM there and i hear the beep im looking for the bomb on MY side of the wall. only to find out the bomb was on the other side of my pill box and any module on that side is gone. you did it.. you killed my will to build bases even after having paid for most of the buildings with station cash i had loved it so much. not even the pain spire doesn't deter the cloakers.

my idea on how this can be fixed somewhat is allow the pain spire to kill any placed bombs. and slightly increase its range. i place the spire next to my pill box and it only hurts cloakers on that half of the pillbox. i find it almost useless to place down in its current state. ied like to see the pain spire reaching long enough to cover your spawn areas such as pillbox/garage with a bomb killing ability. but not enough so the bomb can still be used to take out turrets and heavy damage walls in sieges. without somthing like this, building a defensible base that is somewhat useful to your team is a waste of time.

on a quick side note on bases, i believe the orbital stirke also has too much hp. when the base is active and repair modules active the hp is fine cause dont want the nuke to become exploitable. but when everything else is dead but the orbital and silo... quick fix might be lower hp but let structure shield module shield the orbital strike like how it was with the hive.
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

It did exactly what everyone said it would do: Further wreck construction.

In fact it seems it has no valuable legitimate use.

It's too much of a longshot that it will stay up to take out a sunderer. So it's used two ways: Knock over sandcastles and ruin gameplay for contruction players. OR be used to blow up enemies through walls... k'know cheese.

It's a **** addition to the game overall.
  3. PlanetBound

I flipped an Ant over with one. Never destroyed anything with one except modules and the router construction piece.
  4. RabidIBM

The fact that you are building solo is part of the problem, but I'd say it's the only part of the problem that's on your end. I think they've said something about the damage going through walls being considered a bug, so if their track record on bug fixing is anything to go by it may or may not get fixed before PS2 eventually is taken offline, hopefully to make way for a PS3 and not just because the franchise dies.

I think a lot of it could be fixed by a 1 second channel time to place which is canceled by receiving damage. That plus fixing the damage through walls could dial it down. Also Spawn tubes need to be faster spawn points, particularly if I've bound to it.

Seriously though buddy, if you want to build, be in a squad or platoon, talk to the leader, ensure that your build location and your leaders goals are on the same page. You will have better results if you play this game with team mates.