Dev Post - Voice Chat (Comms) Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jgolenbo, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /clutch

In game voice is constantly breaking down. Had to click/unclick voice check boxes over 50 times in less than an hour.
    Its almost may. And still no improvements.
    Server-Emerald
    Name-Clutch and everyone else on the server.
  2. FriendlyHuman

Link to bug report on Evernote. It's the same report I posted on discord 10 days ago.

Workaround is to reenable voice (in "Social" --> "Voice and chat" --> "Voice options" or "Settings" --> "Voice").
    Voice channels work fine before Prime time, but the closer Prime time, the worse it becomes.

E.g. either "Proximity", "Leader" and "Outfit" or "Squad", "Platoon" and "Fireteam" start to work properly (it can differ on next day). You need to choose with which channels you want to play with.
  3. Stax 496

-Comms channels affected: All-Time/date it occurred (as specific as you can be): 11:49pm nzt 23/05/2020
    -Account/Character/Outfit name: johnsonlo1995/stax496/The Wild Cards
    -Server Region: Connery
    -Specs:
    [IMG]
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core$709.99
    CPU Cooler

[IMG]
    EVGA CLC 360 74.82 CFM Liquid$113.99
    Motherboard

[IMG]
    Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME EATX AM4$1259.00
    Memory

[IMG]
    G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600$359.99
    Storage

[IMG]
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD$229.99
    Storage

[IMG]
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD$449.89
    Video Card

[IMG]
    EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING$1309.99
    Case

[IMG]
    Cooler Master MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower$239.99
    Power Supply

[IMG]
    Corsair AX 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX$240.99
    -Specific circumstances: It sometimes works and sometimes not, can sometimes be reset and sometimes not, when it is reset not all players in platoon are shown as present in voice chat
  4. Silvan Whitepaw

-(All com channels affected)
    - 5/26/2020, 12:06 am
    -Silvan Whitepaw/Correlean/ J117
    -Genadine (US-Central)
    -Ps4 Pro
    -I cannot voice chat with anyone in the game or in my squad/platoon, but I can chat via typing. I can however hear the rest of the players speaking.
  5. Sekoshiba

Problem: If myself or friends are playing Planetside 2 with Discord running, our calls are blocked out as soon as things start to get hectic.

Possibly useful info: We found that if we un-assign a CPU core from P2, and allocate Discord 1, it completely resolves the issue (Although at detriment to how the game runs). For now we're running at low settings despite having beefy PCs, since we can't communicate otherwise. Also, changing CPU priority did nothing, only manually removing and assigning individual cores resolved the issue for myself and squad-mates.
  6. Sarloh

Voice has been rather perfect for the last few weeks, until today when it became a total mess.

My character is "Sarloh" from the outfit "[ORAX] Ordo Auraxis" playing on the Emerald server, TR.
    I ran with some of my outfit mated in the Discord and askes multiple times about their comms. Quite a few also reported broken comms, but not all of them (60-70% if I had to bet, didn't count).

We startred running with 2 squads at 6:30pm EST. At 9:00pm EST we dropped to a single squad and disbanded at 9:15-20pm (the severe voice chat issues being one of the reasons for an early ending). We were on Indar for the whole time (north warpgate) with an alert going on (needless to say the server was very populated with different outfits). After the alert at 9:00pm we switched to Esamir (south west warpgate, Esamir was also rather populated shortly afterwards). The issues persisted no matter the encounter, location, amounf of players in the area.

The affected comm channels were all of them (outfit, platoon, squad, proximity) with the exception of leader (leader worked perfectly during the entire evening with many different platoon leaders communicating without issues, with an exception at the very end (Esamir 9:25pm) where it simply stopped working mid talk). I did not use fireteam chat.

The issues that hapenned were the standard issues of voice channels breaking down and having to reset voice chat in order to fix them. Although this method works at first, after a while certain voice channels stop working, while others continue working. (While I have no way of backing this up, I have a feeling that either platoon chat works and others don't, or squad and outfit chat work while platoon doesn't, but this is just a hunch and probably just a coincidence). One of the ways we fix these issues is by reseting the channels individually under the "Voice and Chat" tab by both toggling them on and off (and I always turn the volume all the way up and down, but that may just be my superstition). Although it is a matter of time ultil the chat breaks down again.

One characteristic of issues is that when I look at a the people in a certain channel under the "Voice and Chat" tab I see nobody.

Today one issue which appeared was that buttons for voice channels got mixed. When I thought I had talked in platoon chat, I was talking in proximity. Upon closer inspection it appears that the platoon chat toggle key actually brodcasted whatever channel I spoke in last (apart from platoon of course). If I spoke in squad chat and pressed the platoon chat button - I was talking in squad chat. If I then talked in proxy chat and pressed the platoon chat button - I then started talking in proxy chat.

My keybindings are: Platoon - numpad 1; Squad - numpad 5; Fireteam - numpad 2; Outfit - numpad 9; Leader - numpad 7; Proxy - The button right to the "left shift" key (I have a localised keyboard and can't tell what it usually is).

My specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 motherboard, 2x8GB Trident Z 3200 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Intel 660p 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Home version 1909.
  7. RadDuder

-Comms channels affected (squad, platoon, prox, outfit, all of the above, etc)
    • All Channels
    -Time/date it occurred (as specific as you can be)
    • Any time I play, it never allows for voice comms
    -Account/Character/Outfit name
    • RadDuder in 2RAF

-Server Region
    • US East
    -Specs
    • Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 19619. RAM: 16gb. NVIDIA GeForce GTX970. not sure what more specs you want
    -Specific circumstances (in heavy battle, in Sanctuary, what was going on around you, as much detail as you can provide)
    • I have yet to connect to voice chat, I've opened all my ports on router for testing, and did the check/uncheck trick that everyone says to do. I have the same exact hardware I had when i played this game back in July 2019ish and back then the comms worked fine for me. The only changes I have done to my computer was upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10. No hardware changes in the past 2 years or so. I have submitted tickets to support and they checked over all my settings and me uninstall/reinstall remove files, validate/add them, everything. Nothing worked and they told me to come here. Their last suggestion was to format my computer and reinstall windows, which I can not do.
    • Up x 2
  8. RudyTheNinja

So my keybindings are all reset, I'm not happy about this
    Like my mouse sensitivity, not even at default (.180)
    Everything works now, how about we don't do that again, deal?
  9. Mauti

There is a reliable bug easy to reproduce. When you are a platoon leader but not a squad leader, you do not have access to command voice channel, only to leader chat. Same with offensive / defensive marker.
  10. Kudige

Same issue on all channels.
    First I could see the indicator in the left side corner that I was talking, a few times I could see an other players name, but without feedback (this only happend when using proximity chat). Afterwards nothing, my in game character name didn't appear anymore.
    I tried deleting my save data in the ps4's save data Management application to no avail, switching character, reinstalling the game and lastly porting my router.
    My ISP blocked the UTC-80 and UTC-443 for security reasons, so I opened these ports, but it still wouldn't work.
    I even deleted my characters.

I'm using a wired internet connection.
    I'm from Belgium using proximus.
    Server cerec.
    Returning player after a long time, didn't use a headset then.
    My problems began in June.

Good luck!
    • Up x 1
  11. Talthos

My voice chat comms have been broken for the past month or so, possibly longer.

- Interesting symptom detail: I can see the actual indicator icons appear (the ones that show up when people are actually talking), but even when I mute all other game sounds completely, there's still nothing to hear from voice chat.

- All channels affected

- Unable to recall specific origin date for when it started happening (but can definitely say "was still broken 2 weeks ago")

- Characters affected: "Alyrisa" on NC, and "Flanna" on TR. Those are the only characters I play with, and both have the same issue.

- Server name and region: Connery (US West). Original server name and region: Helios (US West); both it and every other US West server was merged into Connery in 2013.

- Specific circumstances: Voice comms are broken regardless of battle size (big, small, or sitting at an empty warpgate).

Computer specs will be listed below:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

OS Version: 1903

OS build: 18362.1016

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 (MS-7977), full specs for motherboard here

Chipset: Intel Skylake

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k, full specs for CPU model here

CPU Core Speed: Stable 4.2 GHz overclock across all 4 cores

System RAM chipset: G.Skill Trident Z RGB kit, full specs for RAM kit here

System RAM settings: Both chips set to 3466 MHz, timings tightened to 15-15-15-30 (2T)

Storage: Intel 660p Series SSD, full specs for storage drive here

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z, full specs for the Z-series here

System sound settings: 24-bit audio depth, 192KHz audio sample rate, full-range stereo output

Network Card: StarTech ST1000SPEX2, full specs for network card here

GPU model: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB, full specs for GPU here

GPU settings: Core clock 1375 MHz, memory clock 1750 MHz (Timing Level 2)

I do hope this helps.
  12. deadly hollows

hi
    guys i know this is unrelated to this topic but i cant post to site so can you please report this bug for me
    the bug is when you are max in NC and have your shield on and you die with your shield drown when your respawn in any class you cant shoot or aim (your mouse dont working) and you must bring max again and draw your shield and then undraw your shield to get your mouse working again so its the shield that has bug so can you report this bug for me thank you.
    Deadly Hollows
  13. corp2032

The comm system has always been buggy for me and several other members of the clan im in...

We have always relogged into the server when we changed continents and that always worked until YOU ALL AND THE UPDATE forced us to spawn into sanctuary which screwed us all over...

So it's happened over several months and or years in my case...

Several of us have given up on it being fixed so we don't expect it to happen...

But it happens on all characters on all factions on all servers...

All comms are effected and WILL NOT WORK under ANY and ALL circumstances...

So please fix...

But like I said before MANY people have given up on it being fixed...
  14. Rosoro

corp 2032 said it.

My outfit used Teamspeak for years. I stopped playing and just came back. The outfit is pretty much gone and I can't talk to anyone in game because my microphone has issues.

Like others, I can hear myself talk, but the quality is horrid. I've tested the mic other places and it sounds fine. Here is what I have done:
    1-Reset voice chat
    2-Turn PC off, wait five minutes, turn PC on.
    3-Change mic input, tried them all. Went back, turned PC off and on again.
    4-Bought new headset
    5-Contact tech support at Dell, installed new drivers and updated the BIOS.
    6-Repeat steps 1 to 3

PC- https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/des...ming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r10-desktop

Headset- https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Over-Ear-Headphones-Foldable-Prolonged/dp/B07K5214NZ

Connected using Bluetooth.

It's your game that is broken, and has been since day one. I think we are talking a decade or so.

Guess I don't have much reason to restart my daybreak account.
  15. Rosoro

UPDATE: I HAVE FIXED MY ISSUE. PLEASE ADD THIS SOLUTION TO YOUR HELP AREA.
    Bluetooth headsets can be problematic. I switched to a USB interface headset, issue resolved.

16. Brannou

Hi, Brannou on Miller

Yesterday muted accidentally a friend now i can't hear him even if i mute/unmute him. In th voice tab when i unmute him, the game automatically mute him when he speak
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.