[PSA] Convert your outfit resources!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Liewec123

hey gang!
    yesterday i was checking out the outfit resource system and i noticed a pretty crazy way of getting "the blue stuff"

so you've got a lot of "green stuff", but the blue stuff is harder to come by,

ofcourse the first logical step is a "long expedition" for the blue stuff
    this converts 200 of the easy to get green stuff into 75-105 of the harder to get blue stuff.
    [IMG]

but then did you know that you can also convert some blue back to green at a VASTLY better rate?
    (at the outfit NPCs on sanctuary)
    [IMG]

is this working as intended?

because it seems CRAZY that i can convert 200 greens into 75-105 blues,
    and then convert less than half of those blues back into nearly the full green cost.

in essence you're getting 35-65 of a rare resource for the cost of 24 common resource!
    surely this is an oversight right?
    i'm in a solo outfit and i'm nearly capped out on the blue stuff from doing this!
    (and i can convert that free blue stuff to purple.)
    • Up x 4
  2. NotziMad

the "balance" is in the time it takes for the expedition to complete.

If you like maths, try calculating how many expeditions you would need to get 2 OS, a couple Anvils, (and if you're really feeling motivated, a bastion) then calculate how long each expedition will take, multiply, and you end up with (I didn't do the maths) something that isn't worth depending on as a main source of resource because it takes so long.

It's great as an extra, whether it's because you don't have much time to play, or whether you can only game at a specific time (like prime time) and there aren't ever any empty continents open.

I use it as a backup and extra storage, since once an expedition is complete, you don't have to collect, you can let it sit, which basically means your storage space is that much bigger.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

Yeah it's basically balanced around time.

Least to most efficient way to convert from say green to blue:
    instant small converstion
    instant medium converstion
    instant large conversion
    short expedition
    medium expedition
    long expedition

Once you start getting into the long expeditions the conversion rate is really good. Mind you, it takes a loooong time to do.
    • Up x 1