[BUG] TR Magrider (18 second video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Aug 20, 2020.

1. NotziMad

So you can see the magrider in the video, you can see that it's hitting me with "not friendly fire".

You can see once it kills me that the player is TR.

And you can also see on the map that it has the shape of a magrider but it is red.

??????????????????????????????????

(if the video is a bit blury that means the video is still processing, the better qualitiy (HD) will appear a few minutes later)
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

3. vonRichtschuetz

It's related to NSO characters. I don't know how it works, but it seems to be relaitvely easy to reproduce.
    • Up x 3
  4. Liewec123

Hmm maybe if someone spawns a new vehicle after the Magrider it will leave the Magrider free,
    Then the NSO jumps in, binding it to them, then they park it somewhere safe, hop to a different continent,
    hop back to the original continent (hopefully get put on a different faction) and go grab the Magrider again?
  5. Towie

Something really screwey going on here unless NS can now drive faction vehicles ?

Driver appears to be NS - yet is driving a Magrider ? Killboard certainly shows him 'enjoying' the use of a Supernova on said Magrider.

His players page looks screwed up too on the overview tab - https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428861139969118257/

In his weapon stats, you can also see other VS vehicle weapons - and some TR - so for some reason PS2 doesn't seem to quite know what he is.

The gunner is definitely TR yet you can see when he was having his fun gunning for this Magrider too.

I'd say - gunner gets let off - probably couldn't believe his luck when able to gun on a Magrider while being TR.

Driver - having trouble forgiving. However he got or gets into this state, he's been abusing it for a long time now (or maybe i've missed a change along the way - in which case - all is forgiven !)
  6. Liewec123

you can drive any unclaimed vehicle, just not pull em yourself :)
    its like how as NSO i can pull javelins and non-NSO players can drive them,
    if there is an unclaimed MBT i can drive it like anyone else :D

the thing to figure out is how they're carrying MBTs over to other factions :p
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Sometimes you inherit vehicles. Maybe that happened.
  8. Sortemamba

Known bug that allows NSO characters to use cross-empire specific vehicles. Reported by multiple over a month ago.