Vanu Running 40% Server Pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Aug 20, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Both on Emerald and Connery, I am seeing everyone playing Vanu, it’s fairly obvious the NC and TR prefer to fight each other and not the Vanu.

One of the bigger issues I noticed as fights get bigger there weapons can be blinding and if you think I am going to sacrifice my Ultra settings, the answer is no, I am not giving up my immersion and being punished for enjoying the sandbox PS Universe. Why should I be punished? Same goes with Flora, most people have it off, because it can hurt there Kill Death Ratio. Who the hell cares, we aren’t Shroud making a living with gaming, it’s ridiculous.

Robots were supposed to balance the numbers but they have a lackluster weapon selection and feel incomplete, furthermore I was a primary Vanu player on Connery and got bored sitting around with no one wanting to fight me.

Not saying anything should be nerfed, just stating the obvious facts with the faction flipping bologna.
  2. The Shady Engineer

You're either playing early in the morning or late at night, right?

When prime time ends and outfits finish their ops, those who aren't ready to call it a night just yet and want to continue playing solo usually switch to their Vanu alt because it's the most stacked faction on the server (Emerald) and easiest to play solo on as a result. That's why, I think, we get crazy VS overpop for a couple hours following the major ~11PM alert.

Early morning pop is a crapshoot. There's so few people playing that 20 or 30 people will swing faction population from 30% to 38%. I've seen all factions reaching 40s in the morning. Completely random from my observation.
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

You nailed it, prime times!

The population switch drives me nuts though, players who aren’t loyal to a faction, they just jump on the side with the most numbers to win the alert for the points.

This creates the zergs and encourages spawn camping.
  4. Blam320

There's a lot of incentive to solo play in a zerg and not a lot to keep playing on an underpopulated faction. Change the incentives and people will have a better time.