Buff darklight flashlight.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clone117, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Clone117

Asking to extend the illumination range to be longer than point blank. The physical lighting part. Id very much like it to be more usefull as a type of spotlight for night fighting.
    • Up x 3
  2. NotziMad

I'd be happy already if they even made it work at all..
    • Up x 3
  3. karlooo

Yep. Instead of emitting light in a cone shape it should emit the light in a Cylinder shape so it can have better range, and I guess the dark-light effects would decade slowly based on range.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

It would be nice if it even worked at all considering it's broken at knife-point rage. This bug has been in the game for so long it's a joke.
  5. Liewec123

Good idea, though I wouldn't advise using flashlight in nightfights tbh,
    Its just a giant "shoot here!" beacon. XD
    • Up x 1
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

I've always wanted the dark light flashlight to provide a temporary blind effect if you aim it at someone.
    • Up x 2
  7. NotziMad

I really like that idea, although, I might add : only if you aim it at someone's face !
    • Up x 1
  8. AllRoundGoodGuy

What do you mean? Pointing it at someone's foot should obviously blind them. Their feet are made of nanites, their eyes are made of nanites. Close enough.
    • Up x 1
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

They had that in Battlefield 3. Players running around with a portable sun on the end of their shotgun was about as enjoyable as you would expect. There's a reason it's never returned.
    The implications of adding an aim-dependent localized blinding effect to a game where the players aiming for the head are the ones who do not likely need any additional bonuses for doing so are hopefully obvious.

Darklight flashlight needs to be fixed so that it works properly first and foremost. I've seen too many clips of infiltrators flat out ignoring its effect. Get it working properly first then we can see how buffed it needs to be.
    • Up x 2
  10. Trigga

+1