Weapons lock is out of control.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MD89, Jul 25, 2020.

1. MD89

I just recieved a ten minute lock for stopping a player from repeatedly c4ing friendly tanks. The very fact that you can kill multiple friendly mbt with c4 without getting a lock is stupid but killing a player four times for doing so (That's four times he's placed and triggered c4 on a friendly tank with NO weapons lock) is a lock out for ten minutes. Please for the love of god either remove this stupid broken system or fix it.
    • Up x 1
  2. NotziMad

hmm , that happens to me a lot, and my experience, the guy using C4 on my sundy would get locked really fast.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not doubting you, but could it be that you killed the guy before he set off his c4 each time?

I can imagine that he set the first one off, then u guarded the sundy and killed him before he could set off any more.

Also, in case you didn't know, and unless I'm mistaken, the weapon lock doesn't care how many people you kill, it cares about how much friendly damage you do.

You could for example, last hit quite a few friendly infantry without getting locked, or, because you're trying to TK heavies, get weapon locked much sooner.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

iirc (though i could be wrong) it takes into account the number of times that you dealt damage,
    instead of the damage that you dealt.

so an ***** C4ing tanks will only get 2 ticks towards weapon lock for attacking the tank twice with c4.
    but to kill the guy you need to shoot him 5-6 times, meaning 5-6 ticks.

i could be wrong though
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

Report the player for deliberately teamkilling and they'll get banned.
    • Up x 1
  5. RblDiver

Pretty sure you're right, which is why thumper users get weapon lock so quickly (particularly if you're using fire rounds. Hit, say, 3 people, one tick, fire damage ticks a couple more times, more ticks...), or engineers in turrets (as I'm shooting trying to prevent enemy coming around the corner, my team just HAS to run in front, getting like 5 shots before I can stop, do this time after time after time after....).
  6. Money

I have only got weapons locked maybe 5-6 times in my Planetside adventures, but 90% come from the Mana Turrets. They are magnets for NC to suicide themselves!
  7. MonnyMoony

I agree it needs to be reworked.

Perhaps something like this:

1. If you kill a friendly infantry man (not including splash damage), for the next 1 minute, you may be killed by friendlies without them incurring any points against weapons lock.

2. If you destroy a friendly vehicle, for the next 3 minutes you may be killed by a friendly without them incurring any points against weapons lock.

To identify that you are under a timer, your dorito changes shape or colour. You are also unable to redeploy to another base other than the one you are currently at whilst under the timer. Killing another friendly infantry man or vehicle adds additional time to the timer and is cumulative (up to a maximum of 30 minutes).

This would help prevent or deter griefers because they would not be able to kill you as many times a you kill them without incurring weapon lock. Every time they TK you, they get points towards weapon lock, but in retaliating, you don't.

It would also help deter 4th factioners TKing vehicles or infantry as people would be able to identify and kill them over and over without fear of getting weapon locked.
  8. Liewec123

Cool cool, so don't kill one guy with a gun, kill a whole squad with a thumper instead XD