[Suggestion] Reduce te number of continents to 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by darkaile, Jul 27, 2020.

1. darkaile

I cant make a base when i get to a just unlocked continent and it locks 1.5 hours later. That's not fun and i spent money on bases. I expect to have enough time to set one up in a strategic location. Also remove the ability to one shot bases. If you manage to set up a base in a good location that will see action its also not fun to lose that base to a single thing that is just oh i pressed button you auto lose your base and there NOTHING YOU CAN EVER DO ABOUT IT. If your population isn't large enough to have all the continents open in a meaningful way then don't have all the continents open till it goes back up.
  2. Blam320

Play during off-peak hours, then there will only be one continent unlocked and people won't typically be going around nuking random bases. Otherwise, you typically only have two continents unlocked at a time during peak hours already; if three or even all four are unlocked that's fantastic, and you really shouldn't be complaining about it.

Your complaints about Construction aren't a problem with continent rotation, they're a problem with how Construction is designed. It's abnormally slow in a game where front lines are constantly shifting, and most of its recursive power (orbital strikes) has been moved over to War Assets, since the craftable version is infinitely more consistent in terms of placement, acquisition, and effect on battles.

My ideal changes to Construction would be to cut the time needed for entities to build up by half, as well as some other changes so Construction bases either don't lose effectiveness when they're left behind the front lines. or so they can be moved forward to continue supporting the front.
  3. SilentSueRia

I recommend Daybreak reversing the choice SOE made as a first step and bring back the construction drone, then add a design mode you enter into from the silo, where you can setup the design of the base from the drone, before applying the build. Then after you have setup the parts desired location, you can then choose an option to build the base and exit the silo. This would speed up base building a lot and do it in a far more rewarding way. You wouldn't even have to change the PMB part construction timing either, since they all would start building at the same time when you choose the build option, while in the silo.

I also recommend the ability for players to be able to donate their base parts to a silo as well.
    • Up x 3
  4. RabidIBM

I fully support the design mode idea. I love building bases, but actually placing the buildings is a massive pain. It would also be nice if there was a way to incorporate modules into structures that looked intentional, instead of placing the structure low and putting modules in the dirt floor.

If they don't want to go that far, even just give me a "pencil in" mode so that I can check the placement from different angles before I confirm it.

As to the OP, the continent rotation is not the issue, and if you have a couple buddies running cortium it doesn't take that long to make a base, unless you are slowing down to teach someone a build. Other than Esamir, locks don't usually start for a couple hours, so there is plenty of time for a base to become useful. The other day I lead a platoon on Indar for 2 hours before switching over to construction squad, and had time to build a robust base on Berjess that held several attacks through to the end of the alert that started shortly after I started building it.

The outfit OS is a piss off, I'll support you there. The best I can do about it is make sure all my critical stuff is covered by a sky shield. The modules will still die, but the silo and major structures will still be standing afterwards. I've yet to see anyone drop the double tap OS that would be needed to kill a shielded silo.
  5. SilentSueRia

Huh, maybe the lack of double tapping is a result of maturing game play over time. Perhaps people are starting to think in terms of "why was it the resources," on a personal experience level, that has developed into Outfit Policy, written, spoken or unspoken experience based accepted, to stop doing it.
  6. Money

factorio blueprint mode!