Bring Back The Max Alert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by whozen, Jul 19, 2020.

1. whozen

Sorry for my english.
    I really miss the Max alert. Was really fun and nice rewarded with implants. Nice battles, nice cert farm, etc.
    Nowadays i only see continent lock alert and that's it...
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

and the air alert :)

they were both fun
  3. NotziMad

omg what is wrong with you..
    • Up x 1
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Please no.

It was just some giant crapfest and it certainly wasn't fun.

The only use it had was to help people aurax their Archer or MAX weapons/directives.
    • Up x 1
  5. RabidIBM

I'm in the camp who misses the micro alerts, they would change the focus of the game for an hour. The max kills alert was also a nice consolation prize to whoever was on the receiving end of a double team.
    • Up x 1
  6. RabidIBM

Air alert has been replaced by bastions, and that is an improvement. The sensor data thing was never fully functional, as well as being an obvious MacGuffin.
  7. The Shady Engineer

Oh god Vanu no. :eek:

MAX alerts are a cool concept but the gameplay they brought was anus. Gigantic stalemates at doorways are not fun. MAXes are good to break stalemates at doorways but when everyone's in a MAX... well...

Air alerts were really fun at first when everyone was participating but as time went on and people lost interest, they degenerated into a small minority of players playing the objectives with the rest just pulling free A2G ESF. They were still a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind them coming back to shake the monotony up a bit.

Now what I REALLY want back are the facility alerts. These promoted large numbers of people to fight in facilities that were designed to accommodate large fights. Good times.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

see neither of those were what i found,
    i didn't find the stalemates because i'd play my suicide bomber NSO Defector and have a literal "blast" :D
    blowing up the stalemates
    (its the only time i've felt like using that ability wasn't a huge waste of nanites)

and for the air alert i loved to skywhale, sure there were more A2G around,
    but at the same time there was more skyguards and AA getting pulled and reaping the certs.
    so much G2A was getting pulled during the air alert that perhaps it was safer than normal for infantry!
    because quite often in normal play there is no AA around so an A2G can come along and have a free farm,
    but during this event the air event there is AA everywhere, and also more skyknights hunting the A2Gers.

air alert was also a great chance for people to learn to fly, you can't learn to fly when you can only pull 2 ESFs in 15 minutes
    (and they're both instantly killed by some skyknight *****)
  9. NotziMad

both air and max alerts were cancerous to the gameplay.

You know what?

I got a better idea.

Why not, just for an hour, every 4 hours or so, just give everyone free everything. Free MAX, free AIR, free LAND VEHICLES, free BASTIONS.

Why not? It'll be fun! It's only for an hour, and it's a great chance for people to learn all the vehicles!

I mean if you're gona do free max, why stop there? Could there be reason NOT to do this?

Free BASTIONS for EVERYONE! FREE MBT! FREE MAX ! FREE LIBERATORS! FREE EVERYTHING:

(and I bet many of you are like "actually, that WOULD be fun", which is EXACTLY THE ISSUE.

It's not bad enough that the initial intended gameplay of PS2 is dead and burried, I think we should dig it up and burn it to the stake while we're at it!
  10. Somentine

11. FlyingBurrito

Nothing is keeping you and your buds from pulling maxes all at once...get a few medics and engineers and you can go on jsut about forever!!!