Auraxium resource generation for small outfit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LucioS, Jul 15, 2020.

1. LucioS

When my self or a member or two of our small outfit help take a territory, the Auraxium resource in our outfit armoury sometimes does or doesn't get generated. The wording sounds like any participation will generate even a small amount, but is there something we can do to meet a criteria each time, or is a bug?
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

You need to score 1000 points all together.
  3. NotziMad

To be precise, I've often noticed that even if I score 1,000 or higher, I don't get any resource at all.

I don't count on this as a source of "resource income" so I don't really pay much attention to it (I count on a steady stream of resources from bases I own every 5 minutes).

I was thinking the devs might have back tracked and taken away the resources you make from participating in the capture of a base (if you have sufficient score).

But it seems to be a bug?
  4. DataGhost

I've noticed often enough that, even when not reaching 1000 points on the scoreboard or even just 0 (vehicle bases like Tapp), I do get the resources. The amount you see on the map is how much you get every five minutes, though, while the outfit armory screen shows the amount per minute. So for a base with 8 blue you'll get 1.60 blue/min. Maybe that's throwing you off?
  5. NCtraitor7

Check my post about new construction that produces resources
  6. LucioS

Oh man, thanks everyone for the tips. I'll see if I can verify that 1000 mark for me and my friends.
  7. LucioS

Okay, I'm still not seeing any Auraxium generated when making 1000 points in a battle. Is it only when capturing a enemy territory and defending doesn't allow for generation?

I think some adjustment to even that metric since actions like healing or resupply don't count towards that scoreboard or at least a good amount would allow for even one Auraxium generated, because as is especially against the wording on the description, you have to participate but only in specific ways to generate this resource. I understand the need to limit resource economy otherwise it'll be non stop bastions, but cutting off people from a whole reward type for playing the game naturally to them, which is more in line with the other rewards, cert generation is XP from everything. ISO A7 from being at the end of the alert. All those make sense so it doesn't stifle what your thinking about moment to moment, with this unless your in a large outfit it feels largely cut off.

Unless this is just a bug, and hopefully they're aware and working on it.
  8. Blam320

They recently changed up what XP contributes to the scoreboard: mostly kills and objective support now. Healing/reviving/repairing/resupplying no longer counts.

Additionally, it is, indeed, only possible to get resources for participating in a successful capture. Successful defenses don't reward any resources, which I think is dumb.

I play in a small outfit that specializes in defense; we've been able to get three Bastions fairly well, but it definitely has forced us to play much more aggressively.
  9. csvfr

People who can't put in the effort currently required to craft a Bastion shouldn't be able to pilot one either IMO. Here the other day a BR 80 managed to deploy one - instead of targeting the enemy spawns he targeted the enemy held control points. So our team could not push forward without going into the friendly bombardment. Furthermore an enemy sunderer drove up next to ours, and after it was C4'ered and gone a mauler barrage hit our sunderer destroying it. Same happened to the backup sunderer.
  10. Crayv

The system rewards Zergfits above all else. More active members= more people to be at every base to get the participation bonus IN ADDITION to more likely to get the cap credit for taking the base.

All Outfits should generate a small amount daily. 20-10-5. For a large outfit a small amount like that is trivial while a tiny outfit that is enough to do something at least once a week.
    • Up x 2
  11. BamaRage

100% correct!
  12. LucioS

I get that aspect, as mentioned I don't want non-stop bastions or even colossus tanks, but the flip side is someone seeing the bastion and now colossus updates, and jumping in to only find out it takes a outfit to get, has some level of disappointment, and regardless of what more experienced players think, that can be the result, because they're getting advertised something and then the reality is it's not accessible for them. Now for my self, it's just a small outfit and I get that it will take longer, but I still can say some tweaks might be nice to feel like again we aren't almost cut off from these new updates to the game.

Now while getting that 1000 points, in a attack that actually wins, doing specific actions hoping enough enemies show up, and the battle goes on long enough to realistically get 1000 points still feel a bit of a stretch, it finally made me think about taking construction seriously. Since I solo capped a point, and then realized it would keep generating the resource, but only if I defended it, and then beyond that if I put up a bunch of defenses it could be held even after I logged off. So for that I say kudos to making taking territory really feel more important then ever in these last 8 years. Because I want my mega tank and I'll get it soon!
  13. csvfr

Every day there are perhaps 2000-3000 unique players on every faction playing (source https://ps2.fisu.pw/population/?world=13 bottom graph). Obviousily they cannot all get a bastion passively. Depending on how many continents are open, how fast Bastions are destroyed etc. maybe 20-30 bastions from each faction could be pulled maximally. This would be a non-stop scenario and only involves 1% of the playerbase pulling Bastions.