New construction producing outfit resources (concept)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCtraitor7, Jul 16, 2020.

1. NCtraitor7

The structure would be called f.e. "Refinery". It would work a bit similarly to the old HIVE (for veteran players).
    It wouldn't generate victory points though but blue outfit resource (Synthium).

Refinery would not provide any resources in distance of f.e. 40% to friendly warpgate, it starts producing resources further from warpgate and then the value increases with distance from friendly warpgate increasing. Also there is an increase for Refineries located closer to the middle of map.
    Resource gain is lower by Refineries of other outfits (both allied and enemy) in 1000m area.

Distance between Refineries must be 100m+ and they should appear on map just like orbitals if in 1000m range (or maybe just in ANTs like silos).
    Outfit receives 1 resorce of specific type when Refinery reaches 100% of a refining cycle.
    The resource gain cannot be too big but it should be worth risking building a bold placed base. I didn't get the algorythm :) (example below**)

There are two new assets in outfit armory that are free to craft and crafting lasts 15 minutes for each. These are called <<Resource Transfer Modules>>. They need to be manualy placed on Refinery. U need to acquire RTM from armory and then use Refinery's terminal to activate it (hold 8 seconds). Only then it starts producing resources at price of cortium.
    There are two different RTMs - first (defensive) may be placed on Refinery
    owned by outfit's member (dRTM) and second (offensive) which can be placed on Refinery owned by enemy player (oRTM).
    New RTM of certain type cannot be crafted until existing is destroyed. Each active RTM may be destoyed directly from armory to craft a new one.
    The RTMs are destroyed after transfering 20 units of Synthium.

If your Refinery which has dRTM activated gets oRTMed by enemy, players of your empire may still recapture it in 4 minutes and your Refinery will still produce resources. Players of the opposing empire may also recapture this Refinery in 4 minutes. After 4 minutes of no capture, either dRTM or oRTM is destroyed.

**I can predict that f.e. on Indar: For empire that posseses western wapgate, the refinery below bridge between Allatum and TI Alloys, Lowland or Berjess could provide f.e. 1 <blue resource> per minute if no other Refinery is nearby. The one between Hvar and Allatum would provide 0.5. Refineries closer to warpgate than vanu archives would not provide any resources, and further bases may provide up to 2/minute.

???
    • Up x 1
  2. Taybridge

lol i wonder where you got that idea from, i posted that concept days ago.you just dressed it up.:p
    • Up x 1
  3. NCtraitor7

Im on forum since yesterday. Link?
  4. NCtraitor7

Ok i saw, ye i know its quite obvious idea for those who saw HIVE and resource system and i am really suprised its not implemented yet.
    Resource produced may be the green one instead of blue (so the values i suggested increase f.e 4 times). Aat first i wanted Refinery to cost green and produce blue but it requiers possesing green so it better be free, produce green and have production limit i think.
  5. BamaRage

Please for the love of whatever god you do or do not believe in delete construction. Or at least keep it obsolete.....
  6. BamaRage

Truth is construction was just one more in a long line of bad ideas.
  7. Blam320

Construction is a great idea. It just needs the right tools to really shine.

However, I fundamentally disagree with the idea of it needing a War Asset printer to make it shine. It reminds me too much of the old HIVE days where barely-active bases are left deep behind friendly lines to passively produce victory points.
  8. BamaRage

Really, okay then, lets run with it. How should it be implemented? What role should it play in the game?
    You tell me I am wrong so please do give details.I predicted it would fail before it was implemented and see no way I would consider it anything but crap.
  9. BamaRage

If you make it necessary for outfit resources there will be a backlash. DBG saw that when they talked about making it a more necessary part of the game.
  10. Blam320

If you're aware of PlanetSide 1, you'll know that all bases in the game needed to be supplied with power via collecting Nanite Technology Units from a friendly Warpgate using an ANT, then depositing it in the base's silo. If that feature was re-added to the game, PMBs could be made to do that remotely.

Additionally, PMBs could be reworked to act as more temporary FOBs, able to be set up and taken down quickly to supply attacking or defending logistics.

The biggest issue is the fact that Construction is poorly integrated with the Lattice system; PMBs serve little purpose other than to supply Orbital Strikes or "Free" NS vehicles. We need to be able to use Construction to protect strategic assets or provide more utility to existing bases.
    • Up x 2
  11. Pelojian

the problem with introducing another outfit specific thing, outfits will fight over the premium spots by swapping to alts and demolishing said refineries. to top it off those outside an outfit are screwed.

any personal things from the requisitions (weapon unlocks, camos etc) should be moved to a separate personal resource that you get for captures/defenses etc regardless if you are in an outfit or not.

then taking your refinery idea, specific points on the map can have a refinery built on them (faction has to own the hex to build there). once an outfit lays the foundation any outfit of that faction can donate resources to it's construction.

once built it provides faction wide outfit resources.

instead of having a normal health pool like other construction as long as the hex is held by the owning faction it's invulnerable to attack, but once another faction takes control of the hex it can be attacked and destoryed.
    • Up x 1
  12. BamaRage

Well I cannot say I like your ideas at all. Personally I simply do not want to deal with base building or any other aspect of bases. Granted I am only back in the game temporarily. But my opinion of construction has not changed, it was a bad idea done poorly and I am glad its obsolete. I wish they would just delete it and move on. Oh and the next time I come across a base blocking armor from the battle, I will destroy whatever is necessary to make way.
  13. Blam320

That's too bad. Sounds like you just want to roll around in a tank unimpeded. Well, unfortunately PlanetSide is and always has been a combined arms game, and Construction has the potential to really synchronize all aspects of this sort of gameplay. It could also offer a lot of agency and utility to players who participate in it.

Which is the one thing you're missing completely: dealing with Construction is O P T I O N A L. If you wanted to, you could never even touch an ANT in your entire play through. You can completely bypass bases and let other people deal with them (unless they're forming a roadblock, which is a totally legit move and I don't understand why you'd complain about it; it makes for more between-base vehicle fights).
  14. BamaRage

lol, The majority of my in game time is not in armor first of all. Secondly we are in a thread where its being advocated to tie base building directly to outfit resources. That would not exactly be optional. And lastly, to many times I have been on Hossin or Amerish where someone has blocked access with a friendly base. Thus denying armor a path to the fight ahead and screwing over those seeking to advance or defend. So you are making a number of false and misleading assumptions but hey, no worries as its what I have come to expect from you. Just like how wrong you and others thought I was about the massive zergfit the game has degraded into. Oh well.
  15. Peebuddy

More construction only base locations, now I'm not saying we should remove current bases to implement this but there are tons of open space that a side lattice could be implemented w/o actually changing the map. That's perfect, daybreak would have to do very little.

Then who ever plants their flag and constructs a base would gain resources, maybe require it to be within 2-3 links of an enemy facility otherwise it's inert that way outfits would want the locations closest to the action and not near the warpgate, they then might actually defend them to maintain said resources because atm nobody defends player bases. Destroying said facilities would grant resources to the attackers, thus giving them incentive to go outside of the normal lattice links to destroy them.

Since baybreak seems to have a hard-on for outfits, giving player bases a purpose to outfits seems to fit right up their alley. While I don't ideally like the idea of giving even more content to outfits I do want construction to have a purpose again.
  16. BamaRage

Well I do not think it will happen but who knows, DBG has proven when it comes to F***ing up the game they are willing. This plan of yours will give small outfits the shaft unless they are devoted to being Bob the builder and not leaving many members for much else. I think such a system would generate a backlash.
  17. NCtraitor7

With this idea you disallow building risky bases in enemy territory which should be rewarded. It also allows to get refinery without fighting for it in a player made base. And resources just cannot be provided to whole faction but outfit like the facilities do.
  18. NCtraitor7

If you were able to read you would notice i said that resource production starts at like 40% distance from ally warpgate.

War asset is required primarily to limit numer of active Refineries for each outfit
  19. Blam320

This also just rewards zergfits, since they'll be able to get war asset resources even faster.
  20. Pelojian

player made bases are impractical for defense, they take too much time to build compared to the time it takes to destory them, you are also missing the point in how with fixed locations where they can be built, the developers can control where they are built and what the maximum number of refineries can exist on each map.

you could end up with refinery spots being closer to the center making people fight over them or the devs could make the build spots persuado randomly assigned along an algorithm which makes them reasonable close to the front lines.
    • Up x 1