The Punisher Is The Worst Punishment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ycluk, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ycluk

I know the dev is short handed, but that doesn't mean it is okay to release new stuff with loads of bugs and just let players exploit it.

The infinite repair bug was annoying enough, & now repairing the gen from underground tunnel in Amp station, so no one will be able to go into the control point to cap is even worst.

This is just small bug that really breaks the gameplay, and how much longer do we have to wait for the dev to fix all the annoying bugs that affect the gameplay ?
    • Up x 1
  2. The Shady Engineer

Underground repairing is a bug and should be fixed.

That said, trying to take an AMP station by overloading gens is recruit talk. If you want to actually take that AMP station, you need to slam GSD sundies into it. Shock and awe works wonders.
    • Up x 3
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

The biggest problem I see with PTS, is that compared to the Live servers, not many people use it. For those that have, they'll notify the development team of bugs and concerns... but they sometimes end up being ignored.

It's hard to iron out bugs with a test server that barely anybody really uses, and a development team that ignores those whom are actually willing to take time out of their lives to help test their content for free.

I've never been on PTS. I don't see the point, knowing that despite my willingness to give up some of my free time to help test out new content, and feeling like any comments I make aren't valued.

I just spend my time on Live. Any bugs I find, I /bug report them instead.
    • Up x 1
  4. UberNoob1337101

More people need to know this. They're some of the easiest bases to attack in the game with the GSD sundy swarm strat. Ez capture even versus 2 to 1 odds.

On topic, should've just disabled the Punisher's underbarrel in the meantime and fix it. Infinite repair harassers almost completely ruined ground vehicles for me.
    • Up x 1
  5. Twin Suns

Yes, the Zerg of vehicles works well when the bases fixed turrets are dog poo.

o7
  6. The Shady Engineer

It surprises me how few people know tactics, strats and pathways nowadays that were common knowledge back when I started in 2014. Even something as common as the tunnels under tech plants and amp stations, tech plant balcony access from the gun deck or the spawn-roof-point jump pad in amp stations. Did zergfits stop training their people or something?

Eh.. Even pre-nerf, the base turrets wouldn't stop a GSD rush. Simply not enough firepower. Good news is that a GSD rush is stupid easy to counter. Setting some mines at the gates is an easy 2-3 kills (unless they're running Mineguard, which most don't). Blowing up friendly vehicle terminals is another good tactic to deny the attackers additional vehicles once they make it in. Easiest way to stop a GSD rush though is physically blocking the doors with a friendly vehicle. Enemy sundy can't get in if you park your own across the gate. :)

Extra style points if you park it a bit further from the shield gate so that a part of the enemy sundy can get in but not the entire vehicle. If any part of the sundy is caught up in the shield when the GSD effect runs out, it will blow itself up. Pretty hilarious.
    • Up x 1