What even is this Firestorm Implant???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tarvaldd, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Tarvaldd

[IMG]

Excuse me but this seems really broken, this is both messing with DPS and TTK. There has got to be a better way than this?
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

now i can Lash the doorway 8% harder woo! XD

i'm a firm believer though, its only a matter of time before someone discovers a huge bug,
    they didn't even bother putting this on PTS, so expect a massive bug.
    (like adding a repair grenade that repairs forever...doh!)
    • Up x 2
  3. vonRichtschuetz

Deflavoring TR again.
  4. Crayv

I am against any "powerboost/recovery on kill" because it violates a major rule for any PvP game: Do not give the winning team/player a further advantage.
    • Up x 3
  5. Demigan

Since this implant will be best suited for weapons with deep magazines to get the most out of this buff without being intetrupted by reloads and the TR on the whole have the deepest magazines, do you really think that?

Put it another way: if all weapons in the game got an 8% ROF increase right now, then the TR wouls still have its faction flavor of highest DPS right?

I'm against this anyway. Most non-HA weapons will kill on average 1 to 2 players maximum on one magazine. So its the HA's that once again draw the longest straw and walk away with the benefits.
  6. Twin Suns

Max's mains will love it.
  7. Novgdea

Not defloring TR you said ?
    Remember "cold heart" implant ? (
    When killing an enemy with a headshot, your heat weapons receive
    % faster recovery delay and cooldown rates for
    seconds. Additionally, heat-based Tools receive this benefit passively at all times.)

It's not like a SINGLE faction got heat weapons.
    What will be next ? Increasing shield for NC only ?
  8. The Shady Engineer

Congratulations Wrel, you just gave the "Planetside 2 is pay-to-win" people a valid argument.

Rework/remove this implant. It is not too late yet.
  9. Demigan

Yes exactly! HEAT is present on just the VS weapons, making it almost exclusively for the VS.

ROF is present on ALL weapons all the time. TR faction flavor is preserved as they get the same 8% increase as everyone else but on their already higher ROF's. So there is NO difference between ROF faction flavor. There IS a difference in having more weapons with deep magazines that have a bettee chance making full use of this implant. Which faction has the most weapons with a deep magazine do you think and which faction would thus have the most faction flavor added, rather than substracted?
    • Up x 2