Construction is just unsatisfactory

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 7, 2020.

1. karlooo

I really don't know anyone who would be irritated over construction getting removed.
    I think it has more something to do with refunds, you know, like lots of people invested DBC into it, thousands of certs and they are not going to be happy if they don't receive anything back....INCLUDING ME!
    Give me the certs back! Give me the certs back! ....*****!
    • Up x 1
  2. Money

What if a new type of buildable could connect unconnected lattice lines. Build that base between two unconnected bases and drop the "Widget". Bam, new lattice connection!
  3. SilentSueRia

They have a pattern of repeatedly hurting construction and just about not adding anything except as a small token image working stunt. I already made a lot of good suggestions in past threads. Suggestions that wouldn't take any more work then what MMOs of all kinds don't already exceed on a regular bases and someone made a false claim that the sheer amount of coding would be insane. (insane compaired to what MMO exactly? when every other MMO does a huge amount more coding and content creation.)

One of the suggestions I made had to do with networking player base silo's and having the ability to link at least 5 silo's together. Not exactly a lattice connecting idea, but similar enough that if they won't consider why I suggested and have kept cutting away at construction at this point, they aren't taking any suggestions. They are just trying to kill it slowly.

Nothing is going to change their mind nor the path they are on, short of a major event that insist that they stop hating on construction. And the whole cert/DBC thing is not something big enough to do that, only slow them down and make them consider how to pull out.
  4. ChUnKiFieR

I gave up on it.
  5. SilentSueRia

And I am sure you did so for good reason.

The game play from its very applied principles that gave it birth where flawed, making the game play ultimately not very viable from its very start. SOE started it out with far too many vulnerabilities, poor base part design that way to excessively ensured gaps, killed the construction drone in beta testing, never allowed for an alignment grid system, or a planning/design stage before construction.

If construction was doomed to failure, it was doomed by the flawed principles and business ideology it was designed under.

None of the actions done by Daybreak and Rogue Planet show any real sign of having any interest in making Construction viable. Token positive mood statements and 1/4th hearted features like the Skyshield orbital strike defense buff amount to nothing more then show.

There is no real sign that Daybreak has any actual interest in making construction work. There are no base part redesigns. There is almost no construction feature upgrades, especially upgrades that could actually mean something in this new Baston/Collossus/outfit OS spam/cortium bomb environment. Everything that is happening flows in 1 direction, even the PR stunts to make it look like they are improving construction gameplay.