[Suggestion] Make Jackhammer full auto

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SteamBoiler, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SteamBoiler

Just recently getting back into this game after taking a couple years off. I realized they changed the jackhammer back into 2017 to basically have one less pellet, a static cone of fire, 112 damage per pellet at all ranges, and increased the magazine size from 9 to 15.

It looks like they removed some of the killing power of this weapon and turned it more into a "suppression" shotgun.

Since the cone of fire is now static, I recommend we add or change the single shot mode to full auto while keeping the RPM the same. The burst fire can stay as is. This is only a quality of life change and wouldn't make the weapon better or worse. Makes the jackhammer easier on the fingers and mouse.
    • Up x 2
  2. Crayv

Personally I think any weapon with a fire rate greater than 2 shots a second should be "auto". Even if it is semi-auto it just means no first shot recoil multiplier (or rather just very high recoil per s shot).
  3. Blam320

Jerkhammer is still very powerful. The weapon in more need of a rework is the Lasher. Even as VS I hate Lasher spam; it does nothing but encourage people to pad KD by shooting at doorways and not advancing.
    • Up x 1
  4. OneShadowWarrior

How about no......