What would make you spend money on this game again?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Jul 11, 2020.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

For those who haven't spent money on this game in quite some time (longer than just a few months), what would make you spend money on it again?

In terms of an immediate purchase, bring back the toilet flush horn for some cheap-o price that's not 1499 DC and you've already made a sale. The one year I was finally going to buy it on April's Fools, and it was the year it was taken away for good. I was really saddened because I'd waited a really long time to get it, and then it was gone for good. I wanted it for my ANT. Instead I ended up just getting the Failsauce horn instead.

For a more long-term thing, I'd want to see a lot of the bugs that have been in this game for what feels like forever, fixed. The broken darklight is my biggest beef right now. Other changes like the spawn system, better prices for bundles that aren't buyer traps, continent revamps. Mostly big-energy changes.
    • Up x 1
  2. TR5L4Y3R

personaly i just don´t feel compeled to spend money on PS2 (also play MW:O were i have to spend a dime yet) ... i COULD spend money for all the cosmetic stuff to make my faction look fancier but i feel too indifferent about it to care .. and if i were to do that i think i would end up spending money that would be enough for about 3 AAA games .. ... for purely digital cosmetics that have no use otherwise ...... yeaaa i think i would feel pretty dirty about doing that ......

i´m not up to date regarding the monthy subscribtion bonuses (so correct me if wrong) but the one thing i surely don´t like is to have to log in monthly to get my certs (and DBcash?) or miss out on them ... sounds like a minute issue, no? .. still i don´t like spending money with a chance of losing something you SHOULD DEFINETIVELY get ...
  3. Quimcity

Fixing the bugs, doing more to combat and remove the idiotic little kiddie cheaters.
    • Up x 4
  4. Liewec123

tank turret skins
    faction specific topgun skins
    Doku max skins

if they ever go back to giving all characters on your account a heroic booster when you buy an anniversary pack
    i might consider getting some of those again too.

they should also finish NSO to make subscription more attractive (and remove the 48 cert cap from the passive subscription perk)

there are lots of things that they could do to make money,
    they just aren't.
    • Up x 1
  5. MichaelMoen

I just yesterday relented and bought $25 of dbc so I could make my Engineer main look like an actual future soldier. Got the Trooper helmet with the Spartan armor.

Now all I need is a 3ed person infantry camera so I can enjoy my purchase in the moment...
    • Up x 1
  6. Necron

Working anti-cheat.
    • Up x 4
  7. IVANPIDORVAN

I bought 4 more loadout slots tu fulfil my creativity with loadouts
    and black commisioner just to equip 2 commisioners.

If i could i would spend money on kazoo horn and some infantry cosmetic, mostly just to get rid this ugly default infil skin, but i couldn't, since, for some bizarre reason, all of payment methods no longer work. Game support wasn't able to help me. So i guess, i will never make purchase in this game again.
  8. icufos

1. A double barrelled sniper rifle.
    2. An 'INFILTRAITOR BOMB'. A bomb you can detonate on a mountain that would expose every Infiltraitor in a 500 yard radius.
    3. A 'VIRUS BOMB'. A bomb that would make every medic very sick for 1 minute and unable to heal, in a 500 yard radius.
    4. More crazy sounds/tunes/voices. The crazier the better.
    5. Drones with missiles....big missiles. Preferably red.
    6. My own pet war dog. Oh, and I get to name him or her.
    7. Letters from a girlfriend when I'm on active duty. You could retrieve them from the 'sunderer' on request.
    8. A 1950'S drive in where I can hang out and chill before the fight.
    9. Loudspeakers fitted to sunderers able to platy taunting tunes and voices before an attack. ABBA comes to mind.

I have lots more ideas but will stop now as you probably want to punch me.:eek:

Actually I really like ABBA so scrape that idea.
  9. TripSin

A better developer and publisher who isn't hot garbage.
    • Up x 2
  10. OneShadowWarrior

Special Operations stuff.

Who the hell in this world doesn’t have a special place in their heart for elite forces?

The problem is the vast majority of stuff did not dig deep into anything besides general soldiering.

Assault Buggies that can really off road, Armorer Personnel Carriers like the Deliverers in the first PS that can bring the troops in, even the Valkyrie needs a beef up to be a support heavy gunship. Going into ground forces there is so much more that can be done - adding tactical vests, web belts, gun bandoleers, high tech holsters - shoulder, hip, leg, different places to sheath your knife, tons more of attachment options for your weapons - they could create shoulder butt/stock slots, barrel modifications, more ammo choices, different magazines, drums or clip choices, more muzzle choices that can give slightly different sounds or abilities that are far more advanced, give scopes a bunch of needed overhauls and streamlined functional uses, more grip variant choices, you get the point though.

We want stuff we can use, not just pure cosmetics. I can keep going on with this.
    • Up x 2
  11. gunnner10

If hit detection worked so this game was actually skill based
    • Up x 1
  12. BamaRage

When HH3B was a thing and we were running strong everyday I spent gobs of money on this game, over $7000. I would buy stacks of DBC Cards and we would have ways members could win $25 Day Break Cash Cards. Built a website and forum for members, gave memberships to friends and so on. I promoted this game everywhere I could. This all came to a screeching halt when construction was added and the DBC Cards price doubled to $50 for 2500 DBC. Its all been down hill from there.

However, give us water and some islands to fight for, correct coarse to give more tactical and team play rather than zergfit. Delete the Bastion BS and move forward and I would come back to the game and start spending money again. But until then not one red cent....
    • Up x 1
  13. Twin Suns

$$$? Not happening.

Unless those DBG clowns get rid of their RNG scam and just let us buy the $hit! outright.

o7
    • Up x 1
  14. V43xV1CT15

Give me another cannon for all MBTs, and more directives for all armor and air vehicles. Give all of them a fun directive line with new rewards. Infantry has an insane amount of reward items it’s time armor gets their share.

And if they could somehow make it so it’s not all about kills with directives that would be cool too, though I have no idea how to make that happen.
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

For starters I would start to use the micro transactions if they were, you know, microtransactions. When you pay 10% of a full triple-A game for a single skin you kinda want to get your money's worth out of it. When you pay 50 cents you are encouraged to experiment.
    On top of that the way these microtransactions are offered should probably change. For example imagine if you could buy a kit with several parts and mix-and-match these.
    Showing off and seeing it yourself is also important for many people, but 3rd person is out. So to show off you could have the TAB screen show a picture of top 3 players in certain categories, such as vehicle kills, most support ticks and XP earned total. It would be nice to integrate this in consoles that are already spread around bases.

Just cosmetics alone wont make it, the game needs a few kicks in the right direction:
    - Focus on teamwork with everyone and anyone. Escalation showed people loved the idea of more teamwork, but the execution was wrong. Stop segregating people in squads, platoons and outfits and focus on players being able to communicate with anyone with simple, fast and contextual information.

- refocus the game's "secondary" goals. Most players like to accumulate stats, and the game's current focus in on KD even though you can easily farm KD. By using the TAB screen and other statistical sites you could let people focus on things like vehicle kills, damage done, amount of chokepoints broken, the amount of fights you survive etc. Make deaths meaningless, make players experiment with weapons, vehicles, kills and let them obliterate themselves in a blaze of glory to achieve their goals, rather than sit on mount Farm with an HE tank and kill infantry that cant really protect themselves.

- change one-size-fits-all items. Nanoweave or Hover Frame is pretty much standard for most loadouts. Removing or integrating Nanoweave by default (and letting it count for headshots) would be a start. The other options would need improving or combining with other abilities to make them all useful and solid choices for players to pick from.
    - in the same vein as the above everything should either be side-grade or convenience. Newbs already need to fight the skill-curve, having to fight a veteran who also has things like reload upgrade and chassis upgrades makes it an unfun uphill battle for the newbies and hard to get into. But if the newby simply has the jack-of-all-trades loadout and can side-grade to be more specialized then its much more fair and enjoyable.

- improve the air-combat. I dare bet that 90% or more has tried the air-game and only a tiny portion has really stuck with it. Give us more control schemes to pick from. Make all controls bound and easy to understand. Give players intuitive control over being in hover mode or not rather than it being related to speed and the direction of the aircraft nose.
    - make all aircraft viable for various roles. ESF do A2A superiority, ground strike craft, dive-bomber, attack helicopter and scout craft, often in the same loadout. Divide these roles and make each aircraft unique in their attack role against both air and ground.

- add secondary objectives to complete. One reason Zergs work so well is that "everybody go there" is a successful strategy. Make attackers build up the staging area before they can effectively attack. Give defenders a bunch of convenience features like static faction-wide spawnbeacons scattered around each base region that the attackers can disable, as well as things like shields that close off and protect sections and turrets in convenient places to make it easier to protect a base until they are disabled, think an unhackable Anti-Infantry turret in the pointroom for instance. This way you could try to immediately attack a point, but are much better off staging each attack in sections. A buildup of the staging area, knocking down defenses and then capturing the base itself while the defenders try to repair the damage you've done.
    - in the same vein as the above, let players buy resource-costing items at infantry terminals. These could provide important battlefield-changing features. An AMS module to place inside a base, shield generators for protection, modules that allow you to change a static base turret-type (say making an AV turret into an AI turret) miniature generators that can power things like hardlight bridges, gravlifts, out of the way vehicle pads, turret positions that are otherwise inactive etc.

- make all classes useful. HA is pretty much the jack-of-all-trades as he can do things the best or second best most of the time. All classes should be useful enough to be used about equally.

There' plenty more, but these should definitely be done.

Just think:
    Pay for allowing your own personal logo.
    Pay for allowing a personalized outfit logo.
    Let owners of a base place billboards with their logo's and to show who owns that base.
    Better integration of PMB's.
    Better relationship between A2G, G2A, infantry vs tank, tank vs infantry
    • Up x 2
  16. Johannes Kaiser

That alone would make me throw some cash their way. :) Everyone likes to show off their community, at least if they are proud of it.
    • Up x 1
  17. ecomizombi

More dev communication. If the devs had a regular schedule of checking in with us to let us know they were working on things and updates. Also update. I almost always buy some stuff after updates or during events. I just dont want to give them money if all they will do with it is sit on it.
    • Up x 2
  18. plsfixit

Being able to log in!
  19. AllRoundGoodGuy

Someone giving me 20 bucks.
  20. ChUnKiFieR

#1. Put four different maps on every server instead of the same four on all of them.

#2. The ability to change to any server with minimal personal loss.

Ping is not a thing for most players anymore so this would cause me to spend money on other servers. As it is now, the loss is too great for no real change. I get that this is a business and that we shouldn't be able to take everything, but I don't want to start almost completely over. As a veteran I have most everything I need for a single server so what's left to spend money on? More weapons that are all basically the same strength? That dog won't hunt anymore!