6v6 planetside??? WTF is this? Another Wrelpic moment?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trigga, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Twin Suns

It's just a 3rd party event.

"Live and Let Live" killer.
  2. Scatterblak

Agreed. It seems like more stuff that a lot of the PS2 players won't/can't participate in, and won't improve gameplay for the vast majority of paying players. Making Money™ is a Good Thing™ - fixing bugs, addressing exploits/cheats, new content for *everyone* (as opposed to the new devastation or whatever it is that guarantees a significant portion of the playerbase will never, ever see it), etc - stuff that the people who are giving them money want to see.

This latest seems like a vanity project. Project lead should be pulled into the C-suite to explain how it increases revenues. :p
  3. pnkdth

We are talking about a community driven event here. There's been scrims and server smashes organised before and I think it is pretty awesome that the studio acknowledges them. At this point in the thread I'm actually quite confused as to why people keep acting if this is a sign of a major shift in the direction of the game when it has been pointed out by 5+ people that it is a contest organised by a part of the community.

If anything I think we should raises our glasses and applaud the individuals who keep organising these events and competitions. They actually act and do something with their love for the game. It might not be what you want but imagine if you will that you (generally speaking) took action and made something happen. Wouldn't that be something? Maybe even something others might want to join in on, who knows, right?
  4. DankBudha

Agreed.....so many parts of PS1 had it right for a TEAM BASED MMOFPS: Hacking/cloaking (no cloaked snipers), doors, no spawn hopping (making group based transport necessary), base capturing timers (making squad based transport crucial for re-securing), focused class system (so no-one can do everything, again, pushing teamwork), dedicated drivers for vehicles, time to kill wasn't based on trying to be another COD clone, command rank.....I'm sure there's more, but that's the big stuff.

Sadly, putting a YouTuber in charge of the game with an obvious bias towards a certain type of gameplay will only increasingly make it try to compete with games it simply cannot hold a match to. To have a strong, lasting community, the greatest emphasis should be put on strategic group gameplay with less resources being put onto large zergfits and more being put to the small to medium sized groups since that's what makes up a majority of a large and healthy community. Skill + coordination should = more than numbers alone. That's what made PS1 so special, they got that formula correct from the beginning, which this game missed the mark on.