[Suggestion] How about letting us Pay for SPECIFIC Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by netBattler, Jul 7, 2020.

1. netBattler

Hi... I am writing out of frustration.

I have spent a good amount of REAL money on implant packs. I am trying to get the Bionics implant, but have yet to receive it.

At this rate, I think I'm going to spend over $200 just on implant packs. This is just oh so far beyond annoying. Please, I buy things regularly anyway, please stop milking my money over a dang implant.

I would rather be able to pay $100 ONE time on the SPECIFIC implant that I want, instead of wasting waaaaaaay more money and time at a LOW chance of getting what I want.

I am already a loyal daybreak customer and I spend money on the game regularly... why do you guys have to torture me like this?

I almost wanna say that this implant system is just this evil way to have a cash cow and screw good customers out of more money than necessary.
    • Up x 3
  2. Blam320

Use the ISO-4 recycler. It's free and you actually have a higher chance of getting exceptional implants from it.

Otherwise... it's your own fault you keep hemorrhaging money into an RNG loot crate system. On top of that, you need to remember that this was a system created at a time when the developers were being micromanaged by the greedy executives of DBG, and on top of that, their previous attempt at a monetization scheme (construction) had failed; loot boxes were a fairly safe bet and it worked wonders, it got them the money they needed to hold themselves over for a while.

It's also why the prices of bundles has gone up: PlanetSide 2 is a very niche game, so it's not as profitable as mainstream titles like Battlefield. They're also trying to grow to provide better support for the game, and they need money to do that.
    • Up x 2
  3. pnkdth

With any hope the current trend in gaming and law we might see loot boxes AKA gambling become illegal. If the UK makes a move it is going to be a real pain for game devs to make different clients for each region. I hope more counties in Europe follow suit as I doubt the US will until they absolutely have to.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

I see no issue with this, it will just give DBG more cash.

However, if you still don't have the implant in 5 months time,
    they usually re-release previous anniversary bundles over the Xmas season,
    And the big 7 year bundle comes with Bionics implant.
    • Up x 2
  5. RabidIBM

If you were allowed to spend 100 on something, you wouldn't spend the 200 on loot boxing. They know what they're doing. I only pay for membership. I too would like to be able to direct buy the implant I want, but I know that isn't why these are in the game.
  6. netBattler

This post saved my life.
    • Up x 1
  7. Badman76

ASP rank 79 here, i've been spending all my certs on implant packs since BR 70-ish.
    Still don't have bionics, avoidance, symbiote, carapace, cold heart, counter intelligence, disengage, infravision and phylactery. I would to be able to buy these with money or iso
    • Up x 2
  8. Twin Suns

I don't believe those RNG odds that DBG gives us. It's fixed like a roulette wheel, using specifically designed algorithms to get you to pay more for what you want.

You ever notice how carnivals never have huge stuffed animals for sale outright. It's because they want to nickel and dime you out of you're money through nefarious means. They'll make more money having the huge stuffed animal posted up in the shooting gallery than actually selling one. ;)
  9. DarkStarAnubis

AFAIK DBG never published the odds (I wonder why...) There have been a few people who went to the test server and got hundreds (or thousands?) of implant packs and derived statistics percentage out of those experiments.
    • Up x 1
  10. Twin Suns

I still don't understand why the state's/country's "Weights and Measures" aren't certifying those RNG schemes in today's video games.
    • Up x 1
  11. Desann

Smells like

LOOT BOXES!!!!

Literally the most profitable, yet hated money-making-mechanic yet players still fork out money for a CHANCE at glory...
  12. TR5L4Y3R

illegal? not neccesarily .. it´s about to regulate it .. planetside 2 unlike fifa is not a game that is "E" for everyone ..
    heck were i live you have small slotmachinejoints (?) were people can waste their money ...
    you still have to remember
    unlike what EA, Activision and ubisoft throw out these days PS2 is still a free to play game ...
    the monthly subscibtion is not enough for how niche a game it is .. .. obviously they can´t force everyone to get a monthly subscribtion without puting a huge dent on their playerbase ..
    so what should they do then?
    i am very aware that gamblingaddiction is a problem ... but i´m not entirely against leaving implants as they are .. they are a bonus anyway, not something you should hunt after for your coreloadout .... AND STILL you are capable of building fairly strong Implants with iso through playing the game .. sooo honestly people not getting exeptionals to me is such little a problem ...

would i love to get bionics and carapace? sure ... do i absolutely need them to enjoy the game? ... no not at all ...
    i would rather have construction and maxes be worked on ...
    and more ES and NS turrets for vehicles and Maxxes ...
    as well as better infantry AV options that medics and (yes) infiltrators can use too ..