6v6 planetside??? WTF is this? Another Wrelpic moment?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trigga, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Trigga

LOL Planetside as a 6v6.

The fail is epic with this one.

Do you lot learn nothing?
    Remeber PS:A.....ye me neither.

Its ok tho, the main game isnt full to breaking point of bugs and easy exploits, it runs perfectly performance wise, and is in desperate need more game modes to further shrink the already plummeting playerbase.

Nice job idiot.
    • Up x 3
  2. Desann

What is this about?

What did I miss?
  3. Villainous Hydrosa

It's not something that's gonna become a mainstay to the average planetmans. These things have been going on for a long time, even before Wrel, it's just being advertised better now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Villainous Hydrosa

• Up x 1
  5. Trigga

Do youb honestly believe this will receive no dev time?
    Id be willing to bet this is on the Jaeger server?
    Who maintains that server?
    Who pays for it?
    How much moderation will this gameplay receive....compared to live where we see 0 moderation?

MLG PS2 was a failure at launch, not sure why people think this game is or can be competitive, id rather not see devs spend any time at all on this, and certainly dont want my membership fees going towards maintenence / moderation for something totally and completely detracted from the core gameplay*.

Something about this seems familiar...
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

Sounds great. Something to break up the day to day activities without shattering the player base. We are, after all, talking about a tiny drop of players at a time to make this happen.

Regardless how you feel about competitive things it does not have to MLG 420 sponsored events with big winnings to be fun. I am sure there's quite a few smaller outfits who would LOVE to dunk some of the large outfits through a pure show of skill. Bragging rights and rivalry is a core aspect of PvP. Right now we have **** all in terms of player/outfit banter or competitive aspects.

I still love me some PS2 but a feature like this is going to make me want to play more.
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

So not only will they repeat the failure that was the early attempt to make PS2 an MLG ready game, with some of the changes that we are still struggling with today such as the HS modifier, they'll also take away resources and players from the main game just to have 6v6 matches in a game made for 40+vs40+ battles.

Don't they realize that they were actually in the right area when they were looking for more teamplay? Yes they completely effed it up in their execution which was decidedly not about teamplay but about segregating players into tiny groups, but if they went and did some research on how to execute teamplay, how to make players engage with each other more and then tried variations of that to enhance the game? It would be a step up from the brainfarts of "hey we saw that <something> might earn us revenue so let's herd people into using it by tearing whatever we were working on to pieces and then altering it to fit this thing it was never designed for".
    • Up x 2
  8. Trigga

So this is directly a e-phallus measuring thing?
    And i didnt think it could get any worse...
    • Up x 2
  9. Liewec123

phew its just a contest, for a moment there reading the OP i thought DBG were trying to make another spin off game...
    PS:Abortion was enough XD

luckily this is just a contest :)
  10. pnkdth

No. It is a 6v6 event which isn't going to divert attention from the main game. It will break the day to day repeat gameplay and let smaller teams compete against each other. Stop being so overdramatic.
    • Up x 2
  11. Trigga

The squeaky wheel gets the grease my friend.

You call it 'dramatic' i call it saying what needs to be said.
    This is a waste of dev time, even if it was only an hour of dev time.
    Why not focus on what makes their game, what sells their game?
    6v6 isnt selling their game, especially if the only plus point you can find is that playing and active tryhard outfits can attain bragging rights.
    • Up x 1
  12. pnkdth

Again, it is just a small contest for smaller outfits to compete. There are areas of this game I do not care for (construction being one of them) but that doesn't mean I think the devs attention always has been to centered on me.
    • Up x 2
  13. UberNoob1337101

I can see why they're going for it, a small-scale event in comparison to Outfit Wars, but I'd much rather IMO give small(er) outfits greater importance live as well as the event. Outfit assets and bastions came bundled with Outfit Wars, so I'm somewhat hopeful they'll give small outfits purpose or at least more toys as well.
    • Up x 2
  14. DarkStarAnubis

it is somehow familiar. Actually thinking about it, I could swear I have read something like that before. Like this maybe?

Unlike PlanetSide 2 for example where it's an ongoing war that essentially never ends, where you occasionally have these amazing battles and these amazing events every couple hours or maybe every couple days, we've created matches where you experience them essentially every time you play a match. Basically every 25 to 30 minutes and that's really what we think makes this special.

Alas, I can't recall anymore about which game they were talking about :D
  15. Desann

Or maybe we can have an overall STRATEGY meta, which I THOUGHT Escalation was a step towards (and in the right direction).

Again, I've said it a hundred times, and I'll continue saying it...Planetside 1 had it right. All of the maps were interconnected to each other with multiple attack angles and "caves" aka asteroids that further increased the complexity of the map takeover.

Escalation was an awesome update IMO. Finally we have something to build towards rather that one gigantic Team Deathmatch.

I get alot of the playerbase likes to sit in Biolabs and farm certs, but its NOT what us Planetside 1 vets want.

KEEP THIS GAME PLANETSIDE!!!! STOP MAKING IT A WORSE VERSION OF MLG/BATTLE ROYALE BULLLLLLLL!
    • Up x 3
  16. Somentine

Jeager scrims and events have always happened... as I type this there are 21 players on Jaeger right now - you can check this occasionally yourself with this link: https://ps2.fisu.pw/activity/?world=19

Also, unless i'm missing something, this is a 3rd party event.

I really hope I don't have to explain how ridiculous you all sound right now.

lul forumside
  17. RabidIBM

Based on the OP I thought they were launching some new major project. Dude, it's an event. Lighten up.
    • Up x 1
  18. Desann

The only events I care about are sales on daybreak and cosmetics....because i refuse to pay FIFTEEN DOLLARS for a skin on one class for one faction! Now a buck or two, sure...
  19. Pelojian

at this point i think they are just flailing around.

the problems with their idea of teamplay is it's teamplay or the highway and their teamplay is like commercial competition, if you don't have a company outfit behind you, all the good stuff is locked away, if you are part of a company outfit you are incentivized to conduct industrial sabotage rather then targeting foreign companies outfits.

i doubt planetside will have any decent sequel in the future unless something unexpected happens.
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

You think they are flailing around? It's as good as certain!

They randomly buffed the Harasser for no reason and haven't listened to all the complaints about it ever since.
    They had designed the Forwards Station, although they had made a flawed design it would have created a much more dynamic attack and defense of bases than we currently have. Then they removed HIVE's and felt the need to keep PMB's relevant by taking the Forwards Station apart and throwing it in as the Router.
    They noticed that people in Outfits had a higher retention rate. Rather than investigate why this was they just created Bastions, Merit systems, removed the ability to see regional scores of non-outfit players in the TAB screen (I think they turned that back now?) etc to basically force people into outfits "or else you don't get these goodies". In the meantime their method of keeping these outfits engaged focused on destroying the game for the opponents, seeding territory to take back and earn resources off and stabbing allied outfits in the back by letting them lose territory so you can take it for yourself. Not to mention that most of the merit stuff is decidedly about personal advantage rather than the team.
    They tried to open up the air-game several times, and after each change the veterans complained as they were losing power in order for newbies to get an easier time learning and proliferating in the game. Then the devs changed their additions so that it was the veterans that benefitted. The Engagement radar is the best example: Rather than offer newbies a method to see what the veterans are doing so they can learn it allows veterans to remain invisible using stealth while the veterans can easily track down who is newb and kill them with impunity. It should quite literally be called the "newb tracker" rather than Engagement radar.
    They tried to change the Stealth Flash as they didn't want a 2/2 Flash to be able to destroy a vehicle from behind in a single salvo with such ease. They did it by adding a cooldown after the attack, which hampers all Stealth Flash attack methods with the exception of the single-salvo kill. Good job people!

If all these examples aren't enough to know without a doubt that they are just randomly flailing about then I don't know what will convince people.