Ban exploiters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trigga, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Trigga

so when are:
    A: you lot finally going to fix a blatant exploit?
    B: you lot going to ban / suspense / reset the cheaters?

Exploiting is cheating.

Rest their characters to BR 1, thatd be a good punishment for these cretins.
    Since you cannot be sure how much of their total XP is exploited XP, reset them all the way to 0.
    Remove implants, certs, everything except Cash purchased items.

Was going to renew my membership on the first of this month, i did not do so because of your lack of priority to game breaking problems (as usual), maybe next month....

But let me guess........its hard to fix.
    Cop-out.
    Heres an idea, remove the punisher class grenade attachment until you fix it maybe?
    I guess that would be too simple and quick for a youtuber to hande huh?

Some pics from my discord:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Yes im breaking the forum rules, /shrugs.
    Theyl probably suspend my account for this but let those guys continue in game doing what they do.....

I got bored after these 2, there are countless more.
    Would be simple for a dev to log in now and find them, just look at your screen for the white glow, nothing else required.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tarjan

What is the white glow?
  3. Liewec123

that means someone inside the harasser is repairing it,
    i haven't played much since the patch but i'm guessing this is abusing an exploit
    with the new punisher repair grenade on engineer to gain permanent repairs.

edit:
    as i expected it is EXTREMELY easy to replicate and was extremely obvious,
    i didn't google or anything, just tried what i thought, and yup, permanent harasser repairs.
    (i did this in VR training as a test)

yeah i'd agree with OP,
    disable the class specific grenades for the time being, this is broken.
    • Up x 4
  4. NotziMad

I don't understand ... is this the infinite repair bug that is mentioned in the patch notes (and the previous ones I believe) as being "not fixed but we are aware of it"?

So what is it, an engineer can infinitly repair the harrasser?

I thought it was those MAXs having infinit repair, is there more than one?
  5. Trigga

as far as im aware all you need to do is throw a rep grenade onto your vehicle, shoot it with the engineer punisher underbarrel (the repair one) and bingo, permanent repairs.
    happens all the time to me but ive never intentionally reproduced it so there could be a slight difference in the technique.
    When it happens i jump back out my vehicle straight away, as its f***ing blatant its happening.
    Anyone doing it is exploiting, which is cheating, and should be character reset imo, no punishment at all shows developer impotence and incompetence. And total lack of ability to deal with cheaters.
  6. Trigga

If anyone wants to repost this where the devs might actualy read it (ye i know, funny thought) feel free to repost it to that cesspit of a website
  7. AlcyoneSerene

Agreed, they should temporarily disable whatever tools are necessary to reproduce the bug. But I don't with calling on punishments as the players may not know about it or that the bug/exploit is active necessarily.

A single vehicle fight may last a very short amount of time, so that if the bug is accidentally triggered and you walk by to see it for a split second it may give the impression they're doing this deliberately when they may not be.

Also, there is such a thing as passive infantry healing, which is really strong and comes from an in-game benefit of owning a continent or biolab or something. Not sure if it still exists since it's rare I encounter it, but players could also wrongly assume it's something similar for vehicles.

Also, what if your gunner triggers it and you don't know it, you get reported unfairly. Let the devs fix it.
  8. NotziMad

ah ok.

I don't know if you remember, but not so long ago there was an exploit some Light Assaults used to shoot rocklets without reloading. It lasted a long time. In the end I made a ticket with support about it and they replied that it was an exploit, that it was against the rules and that I should report them.

What I mean is, just because some bug or glitch in the game exists which allows players to have an unfair advantage doesn't make it ok for them to do it. They could reply "but I did not hack, I did not modify the game files, it's not my fault the game has this bug", but (this is my point) support said it was exploiting nevertheless.

I doubt they'd get reset character for that, I don't think that's even part of the sanctions. They'd probably get off with a warning but if they got caught again, that would maybe be a suspension for a few days.
    • Up x 1
  9. nagibator

most of players use it. ban everyone in not popular game? what are you talking about? use it too and enjoy funny game until vacation season end
    • Up x 1
  10. NotziMad

by using it, you are doing an exploit and breaking the rules. In doing so, if you are reported (cause I doubt any of the devs check in game without a report), you will be given sanctions.
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

I came back for double XP after being on a break for a month and the first thing I saw were a bunch of self-repairing infantry terminals. I was mighty confused. Then I saw an army of TR MAX, more so than normal, and they were self-repairing too.

It's always nice to see this game still convinces me to stay away. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  12. Twin Suns

Honestly, I don't blame the players. It's brought a little amusement to a boring and stale game. It's like a new meta for them.

Also, if it's that damaging. Someone kick the DEVS couch. As my old Gunny would say "trice the f&@! up!", "You're onstage Princess!".

o7
  13. Liewec123

cant ban people for this, its too prevalent, literally all it requires is being inside of the splash aoe of punisher repair grenade,

so if you shot your sunderer to repair it and infantry were inside the splash,
    if they switch to max at any point after that, you'll be perma repairing them, can't ban people for that.

i'd be pretty pissed if DBG start throwing out bans for their own monumental fk up,
    how the hell does something like this make it to live?

best to just accept that until the dbg monkeys fix it, every vehicle and max will have constant repairs.
    • Up x 1
  14. Twin Suns

"4fooking real man..." - Haitian drug dealer in BAD BOYS 2.

o7
  15. Peebuddy

This really sucks to be happening during double exp holiday, I really want to play but this exploit is just ruining the game. You either exploit yourself to remain competitive but risk being banned, or just remain being handicapped.

Honestly I'd rather just not play
  16. ColdBackHAND

Its not ruining the game. Its more like the sub alert for maxes. omg you logged off because that alert was ruining the game. people are getting more than me. no far. I called car and they still played. You went home. How about you just uninstalling. Next on your list should be kill stealing and /kill.
  17. nagibator

max fights back to life with this bug. armor became more armored. more max more armor more fun. ruin only in your head
  18. Trigga

Aparantly not.
    An outfit m8 told me the devs tweeted that they will not be punishing these player.

Thats the straw that broke th...whatever the dam phrase is.

After 17 years of having a monthly membership i will not be giving another penny.
    My brother has also cancelled after the same amount of time.

Absolutely disgusting to hear this sort of thing, dont think ill be playing much either any more.
    To remove it 'literally' all you have to do is press 'Exit Vehicle' the n press 'Enter Vehicle'.
    I can see how this would be extremely hard to do, i mean pressing the same button twice is immensly difficult to do.

There absolutely needs to be punishment, otherwise they can scrap the entire EULA cant they?
    Or maybe you or the devs would kindly like to tell me which parts of the EULA i can dismiss and which ones i must follow?

ORRRRRRR heres a ******* thought.
    Remove the Punisher class specific grenade attachment until you fix the ******* thing.
    The imcompetence these developers are showing at the moment is monumental.

So when you get bored of a game, you cheat?
    Nice to know.
    Kinda pathetic reasoning tbh.
  19. Liewec123

condescending d0uchebaggery aside, nope,
    once a vehicle has been hit by the splash of punisher repair nade it repairs forever.
    (i just logged on to confirm it in VR training, hop in and out as much as you like, your vehicle won't stop repairing.)

this also counts for infantry, once you've been hit by the splash, any max you pull for the rest of your time logged in will have endless repair, it persists through death, the only way to remove it is to relog,
    which noone wants to do because you'll get put in the queue again and lose alert participation.
    • Up x 2
  20. Trigga

So i guess all those harassers doing it are accidental then, right...
    Not sure why you make excuses for these people.

I watch friendlies setting this up after they pull a vehicle.

If it cant be disabled, which is strange because i often see my vehicle repping itself and simply hopping back out solves it, then I guess the devs will have to go the other easy route, disable the class specific grenade option until its fixed.
    Suppose thats admitting they did wrong tho, cant have that can we.

No back-bone between them.
    I suppose this is what happens when some1 obsessed with 'likes' is leading your game development.

If you put your forum warrioring asside for a minute, you know im right, the developers actions about this exploit are disgusting, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh well, remastered C&C is still fun atm.