sugestion. add bug max infinite repair in game mechanic.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nagibator, Jul 3, 2020.

1. nagibator

and delete useless nanite repair suit. useless because your life on 1 c4 hit with it
    • Up x 3
  2. Liewec123

agreed!
    though i'd prefer they just take the c4 resistance from Ordnance Armour and make it baseline,
    that way all 3 suit slot options will be viable, instead of mandatory Ordnance Armour rank 3.

it'd be nice to run nano auto repair and not get oneshot within 30 seconds.

but yeah, enjoy playing max while it is remotely viable.
    we all know Wrel hates max so don't expect this bug to last long, soon max will be a nanite-trap again
  3. Alexander Chadwick

I've had the infinite heal max bug happen to me twice, and I've felt like an absolute monster during those times.

There are a few questions the devs might want to ask themselves if they consider turning this bug into a feature.

Is the current Max (with no infinite heal) worth 450 nanites? To me, no. I think this because there is never a guarantee that there is an engineer nearby. And current abilities mean that I am out of the fight for an extremely long time. I've only seen MAXs be 100% useful during organised charges, where they are intended to be used once, then discarded. This isn't worth the price of purchase for me.

How would different populations interact with an infinite heal max? In low populations, 1-12, it would be an unfair opponent. But in large fights, with a guarantee of multiple maxes on both sides, it would add a whole new dynamic to fights. I've been in large fights with the max heal bug and, in comparison to concentrated enemy fire, the heal is inconsequential.

If the heal bug were to be added, the max would have to be completely reworked. In order to allow players to prepare for an incoming max, maybe whenever one is moving, he could be displayed on the map at all times, for everyone. This would allow opponents a little time to get ready for concentrated fire.

So many other things would have to be considered, like price, ability reworks, walk/sprint speeds, maybe weapon ranges/damage. But in the end, i think the MAX would be a whole different beast. It's in need of a look-over by the devs anyway. I think this would be the perfect place to start.
  4. adamts01

Infinite repair should absolutely replace NAR. Add this, and remove the ability of rumbleseat or outside repair to balance it. Either lessen the repair speed, or lower max health to balance. Current NAR is supposed to lessen the frustration of chip damage. Good luck not taking any damage from flak unless you fly 2 hexes away, and at that point you might as well just land and repair. This would also remove the necessity for a pocket engi in Valks and for Maxes, arguably more boring than shooting rocks with a laser in an ant.
    • Up x 1
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Hm, that bug explains while my MAX a few days ago just repaired itself at a spectacular speed even without Engies on the job. :) Good run, I must admit. It really felt like a powerful machine, something I do not often get to experience (supernerfed shotguns only do so much to help you feel useful in that thing other than being an ordnance magnet with a shield). But with the bug I could go around corners, get one or two kills and then withdraw to play a bit of guerilla. Now, this isn't something the MAX was built for, technically, but the NC shotguns actually only really work when used in this way. And not relying on Engies is very helpful with this playstyle.

I'm not sure how that would work out in the end, but it would probably eliminate the Harrasser "**** off for a second and come back fully repaired" nuisance. I'd say it is at least worth putting it on the test server and see how well it works.